Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. Empty Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:38 pm

John Raven, you and your companion, the Dwarven Knight Sir Dorak Vorpalsheen have been wandering down a long road, searching for fame, adventure, and more importantly at the moment, shelter.

The Sun Shines high over the plain that you walk across, the air is dry and the forest stretches on into the horizon to the west. Barely a cloud hangs in the sky during your travels, until suddenly, the smell of fresh peaches drifts through the air, and you see a small river trickling into a village, filled with wide fields by the plenty, and several small cottages. What do you wish to do?

Spoiler:
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:48 pm

"Sir Vorpalsheen, you don't mind if we stop here for today, do you?" Raven said to his Dawrven companion.

(I wish to go to the village, and collect information.)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Sir Vorpalsheen, wipes the sweat from his Dwarven brow and says
I Suppose, this heat be getting to me, and we gotta stay decently provisioned fer fightin'. Let's 'urry up then. Can't spend all day lyin' about like Elves and children, now can we?

He starts to walk ahead, I'n his usual huff of dissatisfaction.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Raven nods before following after him.
No, we cannot...
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:47 pm

After walking for a good couple minutes, hearing the soft gurgle and bounce of the river, you see a small gathering of 8 or 9 cottages, decorated I'n a uniform set of wooden planks, with banners of green waving with flowing symbols of golden wheat sewed I'n, with 3 long grains I'n a diagonal parallel to each other.

There is but one road that forks amongst the houses, and the scent of Peaches grows stronger when you enter.
A magnificent looking church, made of wood and painted a fair tan and golden hue sits across the river, a small bridge keeping it connected to the community.

A small building different from the houses is labeled
'Derry Dolka's Personal Vineyard', with a smell of finely brewed sherry drifting through the tan windows.

Any person you see seems to be working I'n fields, pulling Corn, planting Seeds and tending trees, or blissfully tending to animals and other foodstuffs.

You see one man wandering around the street, he has a thin moustache and tan skin, he carries a blade at his hilt and wears the same wheat symbol that decorates the town, he seems to wear a suit of chain with a vest of green above it, and he steps forward with a warm but puzzled expression
Hello, fair travelers...what brigs you to our community? Have you heard word of Us and sought to join? The name is Johnatan Abernacle, and welcome to Odenell
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Greetings, sir Abernacle, we are just travelers, stopping by for some rest, and maybe some information. Raven explains to the man.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 pm

If you seek rest, then speak to my father at our fine Temple. we have beds set aside for wayfarers like you, and information on what, for only my father knows more than I in our most humble village.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Thank you, sir Abernacle, we'll be on our way to the temple then. Raven said, before turning to confirm with his companion, and heading off towards the temple.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:51 am

Vorpalsheen gives a curt nod and says to Sir Abernacle

Thanks for the information, carry on
He says in a stiff military pose

You walk on across the bridge and feel how purely peaceful this village is, and see a marvelous set of mahogany doors, with a faint tan covered windows at the sides. The bell tower stands high and seems to act as a beacon to the town, in it's highrising splendor.

The building, to your observation has no discernible noise from the inside, as you open the doors, you see a wide spred and organized set of pews with a singular altar, and various candles. It seems to have two thin trenches bordering the inner edges of the cathedral, forming a sort of opening path leading strait to the altar.

Standing behind which is an old man dressed in green, with a conical hat with the same symbol of wheat that decorates the town.

He seems surprisingly fit in his old age, wearing a full moustache, and having a sunbathed tan, and a large gait.

"Welcome to Odenell, and may the benedictions of Elhonna bless your efforts in life. What may this fine town provide to new faces?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 am

Hello sir, we are two travelers looking for a place to rest, and maybe some information, and we were directed her. Raven said to the old man, with a respectful nod. I am John Raven, and this is my companion, Sir Vorpalsheen."
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:29 am

I can introduce myself, he says curtly, and gives a respectful nod to the old man
It's still an honor to meet you.

The elderly priest says
I'll be glad to offer you a place to rest, we offer beds to any travellers who pass by. We have one rule though, for travellers, other than not to cause trouble. You must work your fair share, that's what we founded ourselves on. A Traditional and honest hardwork for your daily bread. For you, it would be your daily bed...Actually, I had a vision about something like this...please, come to my Quarters upstairs, I'll give you any information you ask for there , now there is something we need to discuss immediately.

He begins to walk towards the back of the church which reveals a set of stairs, he steps quickly towards the stairs, worried about something...
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:33 am

Raven frowned, but followed after the old man with his companion, wondering what this could be about.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:52 am

You walk back and up the stairs, and see a small but quaint looking space, a large bottle of, what smells like fruit wine sitting on the desk. It has a small shelf of books, with multiple languages and the room is, beyond the basic 3 chairs and a desk very minimalistic and simple.

You see...The great goddess of our Colony, Elhonna, has sent me a vision. Of two cloaked figures, shadows, that saved the innocent folk here, from the demons that haunt the night. They slay our cattle, trample our food, and devour any who are caught unawares. We have sent in many guardsmen, but none have returned. Elhonna sent you to us for a reason, and we will be eternally greatful if you help preserve our settlement against the monsters that hide and tear out the hearts of our people and our labor.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:56 am

Of course I'll help, I wouldn't be able to just stand by and watch as this continues, as for Lord Vorpalsheen, he prefers to answer for himself. Raven said, before turn to his companion.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:15 am

I respect what you guys believe in, very Dwarvish of you. Also, any chance to rid the world of evil is a good excuse for me to help, mild mannered and good natured folk like you.
I'll gladly help your town.

The priest's eyes light up and a smile creaska cross his tanned face
Thank you, so very much. Please, after everyone finishes working, you are fully entitled to enjoy all the cider and sherry that you could ask for. You can deal with them tomorrow night. Just remember, early to bed, early to rise. Makes a man healthy and wise.
Now, what information could you be needing, we don't know much in world affairs, being just a little pilgrimage settled down here to live our lives in peace and live for ourselves, if only the Dolka's agreed with Elhonna's teachings, regardless, what is it that you need of us?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 am

We desire information, such as what kind of creatures live in this area, and where the nearest city may be. Raven explained.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:32 am

Certainly, the next city is a good weeks hike through the mountains northward, we keep to ourselves so I don't know much about it. The Creatures here are largely your basic forest animals that we hunt if we get the chance.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:35 am

Raven nods. Thank you for the information, I believe me and Sir Vorpalsheen are ready to rest now.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 pm

If you insist fine travellers, though we do hope you join in the festivities tonight, the townsfolk need some morale boost, after all these tragedies, hopefully this entire experience will teach the people a valuable lesson in tradition, if anything
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Raven nodded with a smile. We'd be glad to join.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Thank you, the tavern is open tonight at Sundown, feel free to socialize with our fine towns folk, and for now, do as you please.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Thank you for the information, we'll be sure to be there.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm

OOC: What do you wish to now, you can take initiative whenever you please.
Or are you just taking a nap in-game?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:02 pm

OOC: I'll have Raven take small nap till night-time, and then they can go to the tavern.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:46 pm

OOC: Simple enough.

You and Sir Vorpalsheen collapse into separate beds, letting the heat that punished you before finally be free and cool down on basic, simple beds of cotton and straw.

You awake to find that the Sun has just broke the horizon line, painting the sky a soft scarlet. You find a glass of water and a small pitcher set on the floor with 2 cups, adorned with the Seal of Wheat that you've seen many times before.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next