Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

2 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP) - Page 7 Empty Re: Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Rien had finally shaken herself out of the stupor that she had found herself. So, they were in a world called Darnavan? In a town called Twilight Villa? Her attention turned to watch as the short gentleman walked closer to the large mansion. "It's large. Made out of such finely smoothed out sandstone. It has an orange appearance...almost like everything else around. It matches this time of day--twilight. It looks like it has two floors, and it covers a lot of ground in terms of how wide it is. The architecture is much to be respected," she spoke to Jun, trying to describe it the best she could. It really was an elegant construct. "You must have a lot of money to afford such a place," she said to the gentleman who was offering them shelter.

The gentleman didn't respond immediately. He was too busy watching in awe as Quin soared up into the air towards the top of the bell tower out front. "There are people that can fly?! That's incredible!!" he exclaimed joyously before turning to Rien. "Yes, I do make a lot of money, but this is Mayor's Mansion, and as the name states, only mayors of Twilight Villa can claim residence here. And that's exactly what I am. When it comes to names, you can just call me 'Mayor'."

"Well, that explains a lot," Kazu muttered looking around. This place was definitely fit for someone of that position. "The name's Kazu. Thanks for letting us stay here."

"I'm Rien. A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mayor," Rien introduced herself with a gentle, but weary smile.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP) - Page 7 Empty Re: Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Jun followed suit, adjusting his blindfold again as he stopped his clicking momentarily to introduce himself. “I’m Jun,” he stated, wasting no time in returning to his clicking to try and familiarize himself with the area. While Paradise had been, well, paradise, this place was certainly full of new mysteries. “And uh...I guess Quin flew away or something. I didn’t know she could fly, though.

Quin let out a quiet sigh, looking out at the sky. Everything here seemed to be some shade of orange, which was quite pleasing to her. She liked orange. It was bright and stood out--you just couldn’t ignore it. Beige on the other hand, was not a very flashy color.
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 pm

"She apparently has some control over wind. I guess it's like some kind of power back on her home world," Kazu explained while moving closer to the mayor. "If you don't mind, I think I'll have a look around town." Not waiting for a reply, the assassin crouched down and leaped over the flowerbeds, clearing the low brick wall that was surrounding the courtyard. He landed gracefully on the other side and started meandering about the area. It lacked any true streets. It was like a giant, sandstone plaza with a bunch of different houses and buildings around, but they all looked somewhat the same, shrouded in the colors of twilight. Twilight Villa was definitely an appropriate name for this place.

Mayor was a bit baffled by everything that was going around, his face a clear portrait of bemusement. "Would the two of you like to come in and have a look around? I can show you your rooms before I head back to my study to finish some paperwork," the man offered to Rien and Jun, opening the back door and holding it for them.

"Sure, I would love to see the inside," Rien said, taking the man up on his offer. "Are you coming too, Jun?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Jun nodded enthusiastically, quite excited to “see” the insides of this mansion. Paradise had been a city, so it was a bit more familiar, but this was a completely different world from his own. “This is so cool!” he whispered to Rien, grinning wildly.

Part of him really wanted to take off his blindfold and actually see this place, but he pushed back the temptation. He didn’t want to set loose his Flow on this world, either. No one would think too highly of that, he figured.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Rien nodded and took Jun by the arm to lead him through the door and into the mansion. However, as she stepped inside with her friend, her jaw dropped. They were in a large foyer and in the very center of the area was a huge statue. She moved around to the other side of it taking Jun along with her to discover that it was some sort of dragon-like creature. The details were so realistic that she thought the thing might come to life. The statue was sandwiched between two marvelous staircases that slightly spiraled up to the second floor where some ornately-framed paintings were mounted on the wall. Everything around the immediate area seemed to have a rustic feel--all shades of brown and dark orange. The outside of the house may have been made from sandstone, but inside there seemed to be a lot of hardwood surfaces that were polished to perfection. A few other people were around as well dressed in outfits suited for maids and butlers. They must have been Mayor's staff. Even still, the statue was the thing that caught Rien's attention the most. "Jun, there is this really amazing statue in front of us," she whispered to the guy. "Whoever constructed it made it so detailed...it's breathtaking and frightening at the same time."

Mayor navigated himself around the statue and stopped next to the duo. "I see you're fascinated by my statue. That was a gift from the greatest artist in Twilight Villa to the very first mayor. As you can imagine, that artist is long since dead, I'm afraid. This is his legacy, though," the man was happy to explain.

Outside, Kazu explored the rather empty town. Mayor had said that it was evening, so most everyone was probably within their homes eating dinner and spending time with family. There were some neighborhood kids playing some sort of ball game in the street. The assassin weaved his way through the buildings and eventually found himself standing before the bell tower. A kid was pointing the top, trying to get his mother's attention.

"Mom, mom! There's some girl way up there!" he shouted excitedly.

"You and that imagination of yours. Come on, let's get back home before your father starts to worry," the mother replied gently, taking the disappointed boy away.

Up on top of the bell tower, a small door opened that led out to a ledge that surrounded the bottom of the area where the large brass bell was visible. A young man stepped out, the breeze blowing his light brown hair relentlessly. He peered up, raising his hand to block out the sunlight so that his emerald eyes could gaze upon the girl on the roof of the tower more easily. "I thought there was someone up here. What are you doing? I thought I was the only one who liked this place," he called up to the girl. He didn't even remember seeing anyone head up the inside of the tower to get to the ledge, and he still didn't know how she managed to get all the way on the roof.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Quin turned her head towards the man, brushing her bangs out of her eyes to get a better look at him. Darn. She thought that she would be free to meditate and be alone up here. “I like high places,” she answered after a moment of thought, her voice steady as she turned her gaze downward to look at the people. “This is the tallest building around. I apologize if I’ve intruded.” Was that Kazu down there? He must have been exploring the town.

Jun frowned, clicking his tongue, and hesitantly reaching his hand forward to touch the statue, before recoiling. “Is it okay if I touch the statue?” he asked, wincing as he remembered his class trip to some small museum. Much to his classmates’ amusement, he’d nearly gotten kicked out when he leaned over the velvet ropes and touched the statues. Never before had he been told he wasn’t allowed to touch something, and the incident had left him rather scarred. It probably was better for him to rely on hearing more than touch, anyway.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 pm

"As long as you're careful, you can climb all over it if you so desire," Mayor replied in good cheer. "After it was constructed, it was seared with a fire so hot that it became hard to the point where it was unbreakable, and still remains to be so to this very day. My staff do a wonderful job at keeping it free of dirt and grime, and they can also buff out any scratch marks. Still, to save them the effort, do be careful," he explained. He loved it when people admired the statue. It really was a wondrous piece of work. The likeness of the one it was made after was captured to such a degree that it was startling. It nearly sent shivers down Mayor's spine just thinking about it.

"I'm not sure you should climb on it, but it seems you have the go-ahead," Rien said to Jun with a laugh, hoping the guy wouldn't get too carried away. The statue was awfully tall. Falling from atop would probably hurt quite a bit, and that was something that would probably be best avoided.

"Oh, no you're not intruding. As a matter of fact, it's nice to have some company. No one in the village is too terribly keen about coming up here. Made it easy for me to get the job," the fellow stated with a contented grin. "Mind if I come up there and sit with you? I don't go all the way up to the roof very often. And it would allow me to actually talk to you instead of shouting up at you," he concluded, laughing at the end of his statement.

Kazu noticed that there was someone else on the ledge of the bell tower talking to Quin who was up a bit higher on the actual roof. It seemed she was making friends already. Turning his back on the tower, Kazu meandered over to what appeared to be a gateway of some sort built from smooth sandstone. Looking down the road, he realized it must have been an entrance to the village...or an exit depending on which way you were headed. Farther down there appeared to be some more houses, though they looked more like shacks that were in very good condition. The fields around them seemed to be cultivated, so whoever lived in them must have been farmers. A small river cut through the road and a wooden bridge had been built over it. It seemed they were only able to tend the soil because the water was so close. Everything beyond the farms looked rather...barren. It made Kazu wonder if it had always been this way.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Jun hesitantly stepped towards the statue, running his hands over it as he frowned in concentration, trying to form a picture in his mind. “It’s a dragon,” he stated after about a minute, continuing to run his hand over the stone. He liked dragons a lot. They were cool, and this statue certainly was brilliant. “It feels like a real dragon, or I think it does. I’ve never touched a dragon,” he laughed nervously, stepping away from the statue. “Have you ever touched a dragon, Rien? Or do you know what the feel like?” he frowned slightly in thought, rubbing the stubble that had already started to form on his cheek.

Quin glanced back over at the man, not bothering with her bangs this time. “Do whatever you want,” she stated, figuring it would be rude to tell him to get lost. This was his world, not hers, after all. She turned her gaze straight ahead, looking at the barren land that appeared past the fields. It was an empty place, and far bigger than the training area underneath Phoenix Industries. That was the biggest open space she’d ever seen. Well, until now.

The dark haired girl closed her eyes, exhaling slowly and attempted to find her inner peace while she still had silence. She vaguely wondered how long it would take this man to actually get up to the roof, and how noisy he would be getting up.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 am

"I've never touched or even seen a dragon before. They're a very rare species back on Alidaire," Rien stated factually. Not many Alidairians could say that they had seen a dragon. They were rumored to slumber in the harshest of environments away from the presence of people. In fact, infringing upon their lairs was essentially a death sentence for the unwary. However, things like that didn't happen very often. Rien turned to face Mayor with a look of curiosity. "Does your world have dragons in its mythology...or do they really exist?" she asked. It would be hard for an artist to create such an astonishing rendering without ever seeing a dragon before.

"Hm? I don't know all about this dragon business, but this here is a statue of Rathoros," Mayor replied, blinking absently a couple of times. "He is the ruler of this world, a spirit of fire whose power knows hardly any bounds. The people fought against him a long time ago for control over the world, but the fighting would not end. Eventually, the people were forced to come to a truce with Rathoros. They would allow him to rule over the world and supply him with energy, and in return, he would keep the weather calm enough for farming and he would keep plagues and diseases from the people. We live in a sort of symbiosis. He doesn't ask for much, and we don't ask for much. Looking back on the past, it seems we came to a really good conclusion," he related his story to the two.

The guy nodded and rubbed his hands together. He grasped one of the supports holding the roof up carefully and wrapped his legs around it. Slowly but surely, he pulled himself up along the support, reaching his hands up to grab higher and pulling the rest of his body up. He normally used a small ladder when he needed to get on the roof, but he was pretty anxious to talk to this girl who seemed to have made it up there with ease. She was quite stealthy. In due time, he latched onto the edge of the roof. Taking a deep breath, he released the grip his legs had on the support and let them dangle in the air. With decent effort, he managed to pull himself up on the roof and took a seat next to the girl. "So, what's your name? I've never seen you around here before. Are you new to the village?" he asked her after getting situated, crossing his legs as he stared out in the direction she was looking.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:46 pm

“This Rathoros sounds pretty cool, too. We didn’t have anything like that back home, or at least not anything real like that. Just stories,” Jun commented, vaguely remembering the stories his parents had told him about the old China. That place hadn’t existed in hundreds of years, and the wise creatures inhabiting it had never been real. All the stories did was make him yearn for something that wasn’t there. This place seemed to have it made.

Quin took a deep breath, not bothering to look over at him. She tensed slightly as he started talking to her, before reciting her generic answer. “My name is Quin Phoenix, comrade #311594058, citizen of Baiyu,” she stated, glancing back down towards the courtyard. “I just got here, so yes, I am new.” She didn’t bother asking him the question back, figuring she’d get an answer either way. There was no point in sparking a conversation she didn’t want to have.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 am

"Just stories? Well, the people of your world must have great imagination then," Rien commented with a cheery smile. To think that they could create elaborate stories about that which didn't exist in their world...it was an oddity. They were just works of fiction on Jun's world though. She wondered if any of his people thought they actually existed or if it was just something purely steeped in absolute myth. Shaking the thoughts away, Rien decided to pose another question to Mayor. "So...Rathoros actually exists? And he's alive somewhere right now right?"

"That he is. Rathoros has been alive for centuries. Did you see a large rock formation in the distance? We call that place Infernal Keep, Rathoros's dwelling place," Mayor explained promptly, somewhat pleased that they were taking such an interest in the spirit of fire. "Speaking of, you should probably drop by there tomorrow and pay him a visit. There's no doubt he's sensed your presence on this world. I think it would be nice for you to let him know personally that you're visiting with us for a while," the man suggested.

"Wow, that's a mouthful. Aaand, you go by Quin for short, right?" the guy replied jokingly, but Quin didn't seem to be too enthused by his presence, but he wasn't about to sweat that at all. "Baiyu, huh? Sounds like a really faraway place. I don't think anyone in Twilight Villa has heard about a town like that," he mused, reaching deep into the reaches of his memory to see if anyone had ever mentioned it, but to no avail.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Quin, Comrade Phoenix, or number 311594058. It depends,” Quin answered with a sigh. “I suppose calling people by their first names is customary here? Then you can call me Quin. And yes, Baiyu is very, very far away from here.” At that last statement, her voice seemed to choke up a little, though her facial expression showed nothing remotely similar to homesickness. She was even starting to miss the stinking streets and proletarians running around.

Jun nodded, turning to Rien. “Should we bring Kazu and Quin along, too?” he laughed awkwardly, remembering how well the two had gotten along with the Council. “I dunno how much we want to piss off a dragon god...” If this thing ruled the world, he really didn’t want to make it angry. They’d get killed in an instant.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm

"Yeah, it's customary here, though some people prefer to be called their profession, like how the mayor goes by 'Mayor'," the fellow explained lightly, laughing a bit at the weird habit his people had. "My real name is Era, you know, like a period of time. I don't think I'd like being called 'Bell Tower Worker' though. That's my profession and it's a bit of a mouthful as well. I think Era suits me just fine." He closed his eyes as he enjoyed the feel of the wind gently touching his skin and traveling through his hair. "What brings you all the way to Twilight Villa then, Quin? Just felt like getting away from home for a while? I wouldn't exactly call this a good vacation destination," he mused, a little perturbed to how anyone would choose to come to Twilight Villa for a break.

"I'm afraid your friends are outsiders too. Rathoros would definitely like to see them," Mayor spoke up a bit worriedly. "Is that going to be a problem?"

Rien looked at Jun and sighed. "Looks like we have to bring them along. We'll just have to make sure they understand exactly what it is we're dealing with. Hopefully they'll have enough sense to either speak kindly with the dragon god or keep their mouths shut," she said firmly. In retrospect, the Council of Sanctuary hardly had any destructive power that she knew of while this Rathoros had warred with people and survived, living on for centuries apparently. It was one thing that should NOT be pissed off.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Jun frowned at Mayor’s response, before shaking his head. “Hopefully not. They just get a little...angry at times. Especially with authority figures, it seems,” he explained briefly, scratching the back of his head embarrassedly. Hopefully the two would have enough common sense to shut up. He didn’t want these people to suffer just because his companions were kind of idiots.

Quin frowned, not exactly sure how to answer that question. She certainly wasn’t here on vacation, and she’d much rather be at home. She wasn’t quite sure why she was here, and her lack of knowledge on the subject was actually a bit angering. “I don’t know,” she muttered bitterly, not even the gently breeze being capable of keeping her calm. “Something called the Thought Stream.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:42 pm

"Yeah, they don't really have a good track record when it comes to dealing with authority figures...," Rien muttered in agreement with Jun's statement to further put emphasis on that fact. The gravity of this particular situation was dire though. If they couldn't keep their mouths shut, they'd most likely be destroyed. As long as that is clarified, maybe everything would be all right. That's what Rien was hoping for anyway. The last thing she wanted to do was have to spend the remaining time in Darnavan on the run from some all-powerful dragon creature that ruled the world...if she could even escape from its the keep in which it stayed. Going there voluntarily almost seemed like a bad idea now...

"Rathoros, as I said, has lived for centuries. As such, he is very wise and understanding. He can be pushed, but as long as he is not pushed excessively, his wrath can be contained," Mayor offered some reassurance to the duo.

"What's a Thought Stream?" Era replied with a laugh before realizing she had just said she had no idea. He frowned. "By the way you make it sound, it's like you were forced to come here or something," he said inquisitively.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Cross your fingers,” Jun laughed nervously, tugging at his blindfold. He momentarily wondered how effective his Flow would be on such a great beast, though it would be for the best not to try it. “With any luck, things’ll probably go fine... Nothing to worry about.” While his tone of voice said otherwise, he figured Quin and Kazu would be smart enough not to anger a god. They both seemed like intelligent people, maybe too intelligent for their own good.

Quin sighed to herself, pulling her knees close to her chest and examining her rock. The wind here wasn’t as nice as it had been in Paradise. “I suppose you could say that. It’s not like I was asked.” Why did the Thought Stream choose them to toss around the worlds? Was it just some anomaly, with the Stream getting too out of hand? There wasn’t anything that the whole group had in common.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 pm

"With any luck..." Rien sighed, turning around to look at the surrounding area again. It seemed really spacious, even moreso than it did from the outside. Rien was going to enjoy her stay here even if she would have really preferred to be at home. It was a mansion after all, and what was even better was the courtyard with all the beautiful plants and such. Once again, it reminded her of the garden back at the castle on Alidaire. It seemed everywhere she went had traces of home, but they couldn't act as substitutes for the real thing. There was just no way. Not to mention she wanted to get Jun there so he could see all the wonderful things after he got his Flow power under control. It would be great...if they ever made it there.

Mayor seemed to shuffle his feet uncomfortably. An awkward silence had settled down on them. "Would you like me to show you to your rooms now?" he posed the question to both of them, hoping to get their minds off the meeting with Rathoros at least for now.

"Hey, I'm sorry to hear that," Era said quickly wanting to pat the girl on the shoulder, but he refrained. She didn't seem like the type that liked to be touched, let alone talked to. Something in his mind seemed to click. "Wait, why don't you just walk back home? Or take a coach? If you don't know your way back to your city, I'm sure Rathoros could help you find it," the guy offered in hope.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Jun sighed, before nodding. It would be a good idea for them to find their rooms, plus, he was actually quite eager to explore the mansion. He’d never been in a house this big before; it was quite exciting. There was no telling what hidden passageways or secret rooms could be hiding in the hallways, just waiting to be discovered. Surely Mayor wouldn’t mind.

Quin glared angrily at Era, though it wasn’t his fault that he didn’t know. She wished that getting home could only be that easy, even if she wasn’t quite sure how much this Rathoros guy could help her. “You can’t walk there, and I don’t want to talk about it,” she snapped, the wind around them picking up for a second, before she quickly regained control.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

"Of course. I could use a bit of rest after all of this," Rien affirmed feeling somewhat exhausted even though she had been out cold for a length of time that she did not know. She started to wonder how long it took for the Thought Stream to just toss them somewhere. Just thinking about it seemed to give her a headache, so she was quick to banish the thoughts from her mind. Mayor was walking away now, gesturing for the two to follow him, so she did just that. They went up the stairs to the second floor and down the corridor to the right which seemed to be lined with different rooms. Mayor stopped in front of the second door on the left.

"This room will be for the lady," he said, opening the door for Rien. "The gentleman can have the room a bit further down on the right. When you come into the hallway, it is the second door on the right," he made sure to inform Jun specifically so that he wouldn't get lost.

"Oh wow, the rooms are so nice," Rien commented as she stepped inside and looked around. They had the same rustic feel as the rest of the mansion with the same warm colors and polished wooden furniture. "I want to thank you again for being so kind as to let us stay here."

"My fault there. Sorry about that. I should have not assumed what I did; I know assumptions are dangerous," Era said, unfazed by Quin's anger but still very apologetic. He thought he had felt the wind pick up, but such bursts were common atop the bell tower. "Huh. You have a place to stay right? There aren't any inns here because...well, no one really comes to visit us here in Twilight Villa," he explained with a light laugh.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Jun nodded in understanding, running his hand along the wall until he came to his room. He groped around for the door handle a bit, biting his tongue to stop himself from muttering a few choice words, before finally opening it. With that done, he faced the hallway again. “Yeah, what Rien said. We’re really grateful,” he added on appreciatively. Not many people would let complete strangers into their homes.

Yes, to my understanding, we found a place to stay,” Quin answered, though she could see why no one wanted to visit this town. It was completely surrounded by desert, nor did it seem to have anything interesting about it, besides the orange color that was everywhere. Why had the Thought Stream dumped them out in this middle of nowhere town? Maybe it was just churning them out at random. Of course, with that logic, it wouldn’t be long until they woke up at the bottom of the ocean. That was a cheery thought.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 pm

"It's no trouble at all, my friends! I can only hope that you enjoy your time here. One of the members of my wait staff will alert you when dinner is ready. If you need anything feel free to find one of them and they will assist you with whatever it is you need," Mayor explained before promptly heading off to take care of whatever business he needed to take care of.

"Well, I'll be in here if you need me, Jun," Rien called out to her friend, just going ahead and leaving the door open. It wasn't like she was going to do anything that required privacy, nor did she long for privacy. She meandered over to the bed and lie down upon it staring up at the ceiling, trying to sort out her thoughts to no avail. All she could think of was that one day the Thought Stream might be so gracious as to toss her back to Alidaire, but for the moment, she was living a life that was not her own.

"All right, I just wanted to make sure, because...well, yeah," Era replied nervously before standing up. He walked to the edge of the roof and looked down to the ledge just below. "I've got to get home before it gets too late. I hope I get to see you again," he said to Quin, keeping his smile hidden as he had his back turned to her. With that, he jumped off the roof, his hand catching the ledge below as he fell which immediately stopped his descent. Pulling up, he managed to get his entire body onto the ledge before brushing himself off and entering the inside part of the tower from the little door he had used earlier.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Quin watched Era leave, glad to be finally alone once more. With a thump, she sprawled out on the roof, letting the wind brush over her. Why was he so chatty? He had said that Twilight Villa didn’t get a lot of visitors, perhaps he was just curious about the world outside his village? She couldn’t help him with that, and she certainly didn’t want people crawling all over her and asking her questions about her world. It would be best to stay hidden from the public eye.

Alright,” Jun replied, clicking his tongue and locating his own bed, before flopping down onto it. This was the life. While the others didn’t seem to fond of the Thought Stream, he rather liked the idea of seeing so many new places. They couldn’t possibly be any worse than his own. Both times he’d gotten a nice bed to sleep in and the offer of food. Life seemed pretty sweet.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am

Kazu felt like he had been staring out over the little farms for an eternity. Something about the humbleness to them made him think of the outskirts of Amber City. The assassin looked into the sky and noticed that the sun wasn't getting any lower...and there was no sign of a moon anywhere or the encroaching darkness of night. Just a twilit sky with that ominous black cloud in the distance. Was it a storm cloud? It looked kind of eery--like the darkness that the tendrils back on his home world looked like , tethering the sky to the world. A slight shiver went up his spine as he figured it'd be best to head back to Mayor's mansion. He strolled across the plaza with the bell tower in it, not bothering to check to see if Quin were atop it still. Stopping before the front door, he didn't know whether to knock or just walk right on in like he owned the place.

The door opened suddenly and a butler appeared, bowing low and gesturing for Kazu to come in. "How kind of you to join us, sir. I do hope you enjoyed your stroll about the town. Please, follow me to the dining room. Dinner is about to be served soon," he said in a rather sophisticated tone which was odd considering that he was just a butler.

Kazu shrugged his shoulders and followed the butler to a large room on the left side of the mansion. Several chandeliers hung from the ceiling and fill the room with light. In the center of the room was a long, wooden dining table with an exquisite white tablecloth and white place mats with floral designs upon them. Five plates and were set at the far end of the table, along with five glasses, five napkins, and five sets of silverware. Is he the only one who lives here? Kazu thought as he took a seat at the end of the table. There was a place set at the very head, but he figured it would only be appropriate for Mayor to take it.

Upstairs, Rien had spent a while doing some drawings, mainly of what she had seen outside, and she had also been extending her account with the extra sheets of paper she had stashed away. A knock came upon her door.

"Dinner will be served momentarily, madame. Your presence is requested in the dining room. Left side of the mansion, ground floor," the voice of a butler sounded through the door.

"Thank you very much. I'll be down in a few minutes," Rien called back, much more interested in finishing her sketch of Mayor's courtyard out back.

The butler moved on to Jun's room and rapped lightly on the door. "Dinner will be served momentarily, sir. Your presence is requested in the dining room. If it you would like, I could escort you," he stated firmly. Mayor had let him and the rest of the staff know that one of the guests was blind and to be courteous around him.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Jun jumped when he heard the knock on the door, bringing a hand to his blindfold out of habit, before relaxing as he realized it was just one of the staff. “Uh...yeah. Dinner sounds good. I guess I’ll head down with you, but after that I should be able to find my way. I don’t get lost too easy,” he explained, getting out of the bed and shaking his head to clear it. He then headed towards the door, doing his best to make sure that his clothes were in order and promptly walking into the door frame. He stumbled back a few steps, shaking his head once more and facing the door. “Okay, I’m good. Let’s go.

Quin sighed as her stomach growled, though she had no intention of going back. She was enjoying herself far too much up here, and she didn’t really want to ruin that by going back down and interacting with her rather dense companions. That would just ruin the mood. She looked up at the sky, frowning as she realized that like her own sky, it didn’t really change color. Would it get any darker here, though? Or would the sky just stay this brilliant orange forever?
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

The butler took Jun's arm gently and led the man promptly down the stairs, trusting he would be able to find his own way to the dining room just fine. "I do believe one of your compatriots has already reached the dining room. By the name of Kazu, if I remember correctly. Please, go find a seat and enjoy your meal, sir," the butler informed before taking off to manage some of his other duties.

Kazu could hardly see two people on the other side of the giant dragon statue by which he had been stunned. The detail was incredible, and he wondered what on earth such a thing was doing in a house, but ignored that. Peering closely with his sharp vision, he noticed that it was a butler and Jun that had descended the stairs. He figured yelling out might be a bad idea. The ceiling was high and the mansion seemed kind of spacious. He wondered how bad the echo would be. Turning quickly, Kazu saw Mayor coming through a door that most likely led to the kitchen. The gentleman took a seat and nodded to Kazu.

"Did you enjoy your stroll about town?" Mayor asked with a somewhat contented grin as he waited for dinner to be served.

"Uh, yeah. I have a question though...eh, I guess I'll save it for when the others get here. They'd probably like to know the answer too," Kazu replied, sighing as he sat there. A butler came out of the kitchen with a bottle of fine wine and nearly topped all the glasses. This was going to be a fun evening.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next