Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP) - Page 9 Empty Re: Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

Post by Masquerade Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

"Yeah, some of the angry ones...well," Kazu started, but decided against delving into some of those late nights at the tavern where huge fights would break out. Sometimes he was forced to crack some noggins, while other nights he would just slip away from the scene stealthily, not in the mood to try and help things settle down. Those were the days, he figured. "It'd be good for you to put on some weight. With being tossed around like this, we're just lucky we weren't forced into a place where there was hardly any food or water," Kazu said lightheartedly, polishing off his own cake and pushing the plate away. He rubbed his stomach to emphasize that he was definitely full.

"Definitely gotta be thankful," the assassin said aloud as one of the servers picked up his plate and topped off his glass with more wine which he sipped upon graciously. "It's like...we're not even in control of our lives anymore, you know? We're being forced to go with the flow and there's nothing we can do about it. Hope that if we keep going, we'll wind up getting home eventually." His tone faded from the light and turned way more somber. His crimson eyes had been aglow with cheer from the good food and wine, but it quickly faded. Whenever he made it back up to his room, he knew that the night would be naught more than a haze, dreams and consciousness shrouded with a layer of a mist of despair. And when he awoke in the morning, a nice old hangover would await. The thought of that made him want to laugh, but he refrained from doing so, for it would probably make him seem drunk or insane, neither of which he was at the moment, though he would probably be the former at some point over the course of the night. Probably long after his two younger companions excused themselves...
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP) - Page 9 Empty Re: Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 am

Quin stared at her cleared plate and untouched glass, frowning a bit to herself. After eating like this, it was definitely going to be hard to get accustomed to rations when she returned home. She didn’t know that food could be so good! She wondered if anyone else back home knew about actual good food, but figured that they didn’t. If they did, then everyone would have it, right?

Shaking her head, she pushed back her plate before standing up. Quin didn’t really want to think about the Dictator at this time at night. From the little she had been listening to Kazu and Jun’s conversation, it seemed that it had slipped into the depressing subject of returning home. She didn’t exactly want to think about being forced to world jump forever, either. “Good night,” she repeated, pushing in her chair, and turning to exit the mansion. The bell tower had been nice and high up, even if it hadn’t been nearly as high up as she was used to.

Jun leaned back in his chair, turning his head towards Quin. “Night,” he responded amicably, before returning his focus to the conversation at hand, a thoughtful look on his face. “I suppose I don’t mind it too much, but that might just be ‘cuz I don’t really care if I go back to my own world... I wasn’t exactly contributing much anyway, y’know? But...I guess you guys had more structure to your life, right? Wandering not being part of it.” The usually cheerful man sighed, leaning on the table with his elbow, and absentmindedly adjusting his blindfold with his free hand.
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Structure. Kazu wasn't sure how exactly accurate that was for him. The world wasn't particularly in good shape before he was siphoned away from it. In fact, it was lacking good order. It was a chaotic net of violent concurrences, a motley web of conflict and violence in an attempt to restore peace to the world. That was the only reason he had to return. It wasn't because there was structure, it was because he had to get revenge and save the world. The only problem with this, however, was that his world had been dying when he left. By the time he was able to get back to it, would there be anything left to return home to? The assassin suddenly stood up and polished off his glass of wine before stepping away from the table and pushing in his chair.

"I can feel you on that. Let's just say the future's uncertain for now...and we might as well enjoy the feasts as they come to us, right?" Kazu said, giving the young man a cheerful smile, shrugging his shoulders with an indifferent sort of sentiment. The sound of his boots hitting the floor as he started to tread away echoed off the walls of the nearly vacant dining hall. "I think I'm going to hit the sack for now. Good night," he called back before passing the giant dragon statue. One of the butlers lead him up the stairs to the wing where the guest rooms were, taking a right at the top of the staircase and heading down the corridor. The butler opened one of the doors, showing the rather classy room off to the one who would be resting within it.

"If you need anything at all, sir, please do not hesitate to call upon me or one of the other staff members," the butler spoke with such formality that it nearly made Kazu sick to his stomach which was already full of hearty foods and alcohol. The butler bowed as Kazu nodded and departed.

Kazu shut the door behind him and meandered over to the bed where he didn't hesitate to collapse. Tomorrow he was supposed to meet some big bad dragon god who couldn't be killed by armies and armies of people. Now he ruled over the world pretty much. The last thoughts that passed through Kazu's mind before he passed out were thoughts of whether or not the mighty Rathoros would be able to help them out or not, or whether they would be as well-received by him as they were by Mayor.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Jun let out another sigh as Kazu left, listening carefully to his footsteps and trying to pinpoint their exact location in the echoing room. He leaned back in his chair once more, turning his face towards the ceiling and trying to picture the room in his mind. It was obviously big, with high ceilings...and the table took up most of it, right? Where was the dragon statue in all this? His lack of sight was a huge inconvenience he’d never noticed before. Before the Storm, things were simple and routine. If he couldn’t figure something out, there’d always be someone to help him. After the Storm, things were still simple. Catching food was easy enough. His hearing alerted him to any enemies or water. So why was it that all of a sudden he felt so ashamed about his blindness?

He adjusted his blindfold, getting to his feet and wriggling his toes in the worn sneakers he’d salvaged. They were a size or two too big for him, but it wasn’t like he was going to complain. Pushing in his chair, he started to carefully navigate his way around the room, and following Kazu’s earlier path up to the guest rooms. Which one had been his? Second door to the right? He brushed his hand along the wall, counting the turns and doors, forming a mental map in his head until he reached the guest wing, muttering door numbers under his breath, before knocking on the door he thought was his, just in case. Getting no reply, he opened the door, walking in and collapsing down on his bed.

Laying on his back, he faced the ceiling once more, allowing himself to imagine where the Thought Stream would take them next. Would it keep them all in the same group? Would they all appear in the same place? Would there always be food, shelter, and welcoming people? Jun hoped so. He didn’t like fighting in the least.

Quin looked up to the orange sky, finding a bit of peace at its brilliant orange color as she strolled back towards the bell tower. She allowed herself to fly up to the top, enjoying the view. It wasn’t nearly high enough to mimic the view of her room, but she supposed it was close enough. Between the heights and the orange everywhere, she wasn’t sure if there was a place she’d rather be, besides maybe at home. Maybe there was an orange sky somewhere in her world. Maybe not in Baiyu, but some other unnamed country, far away from everywhere else in the world. If her sky was gray, what if the sky of Bing was white? Maybe the sky of Gaohui was green, or the sky of Mian was purple. She liked that idea. The sky above every country being a different color, making the whole planet look different anyway you looked at it. That would be a wonderful break from the monotony.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 pm

A night had passed, and Rien awoke sitting at the desk in her room in Mayor's manor. Her body was a bit weary, and she raised her hands to rub the sleep out of her eyes. Gazing vacantly down on the desk before her, she saw some drawings, most of which were incomplete. She pushed the chair back that she was sitting in and drowsily stood up. Her dress wasn't much of a mess, though she was very well aware that she had been wearing the same clothes for a few days now, and she felt kind of dirty. There was no way to tell what time it was in this place since the sun never rose nor set, but remained fixated in its twilit position in the sky. She found herself not caring and meandered into the hallway where she traversed the length of it to reach the bathroom. She asked one of the manor servants to wash her clothes while she bathed. Of course the servant was more than happy to oblige. Once she was safely in the bathroom, she turned the faucet on, standing there before the decently large tub in the nude, holding herself.

A yawn escaped her mouth as she waited, eventually submerging herself in the hot water when the tub was finally filled. Just the heat of the water was enough to assuage the tightness of her muscles and joints from a night sleeping at the desk, not to mention just all the stress seemed to melt away. She lathered herself up with soap, humming a delighted tune as she started to feel herself waking up. A decent bath was just as good as a good old cup of coffee most of the time. Rien washed her body and her hair before letting the water down the drain. She stood up and stepped out of the tub, wrapping herself in a towel before donning a white robe that had been set out for her. A servant in the hall let her know that her clothes were in the process of drying and that they would find her when they were dry.

"All right, thank you very much," Rien replied, bowing her head in response to the servant's similar gesture. Sighing contentedly, she decided against returning to her room for the moment, instead taking the time to wander downstairs to view the statue once more, the statue of Rathoros. Standing there before it, she couldn't help but feel intimidated. In a matter of maybe a couple of hours, after everyone had roused themselves and got ready, they would be making their way to Infernal Keep to meet the powerful, seemingly invincible deity. The thoughts didn't last long, for the smells of the kitchen had managed to waft their way out into the foyer where the statue was. Rien's nose twitched in glee at the prospect of another delicious meal. Depending on how their meeting with Rathoros went, it might be her last.

Back upstairs, Kazu groaned in agony, a rather powerful hangover claiming him and wracking his mind with pain. After a few minutes of mumbling a small string of curses, he managed to clamber out of the bed before falling less than gracefully to the floor, for the sheets had wrapped around his ankle at some point during the night. "D-damn it...," the assassin growled, untangling himself before standing up, his balance quite off. A hand rushed to his head and massaged it to no avail. He didn't think he had drank so much the previous night, yet here he was suffering. "I've fought creatures that are unimaginable and get subdued by bed sheets. Where the fuck has my prowess gone?" he grumbled, walking over to a mirror where he somewhat tidied himself up. His head still hurt like a bitch, so he fell onto the couch to just sit for a while until his head wasn't throbbing.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Quin lay curled up on the roof of the bell tower, awake, but far too stiff to be bothered with moving. What had made her think that sleeping up here would be a good idea? She’d fallen asleep on floors before, and knew from experience how uncomfortable waking up was. Groaning a little, she rolled off of her side and onto her back, staring up at the still orange sky, taking comfort in its consistency.

She lay there for a few minutes more, before placing her hands on either side of her, pushing herself into a sitting position and stretching her arms towards the sky. A bath couldn’t hurt, and maybe a change of clothes. Beige was so...boring, especially with all the orange around. “I’d like to wear an orange dress,” she mused to herself, though she figured it was too risky. The idea of suddenly being whisked home in anything but her dress was too terrifying.

Jun remained asleep, restless sleeping having led him to be sprawled out sideways on the bed, with his arms and legs hanging off the edges. Sleeping in a bed was luxury he was determined to make the best of during his travels, along with hearty meals and human companionship.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Mayor strolled out of the dining room to see one of his delightful otherworld guests admiring his statue. With a large grin on his face, the older gentleman took a spot next to Rien and gazed up at the statue. "Are we having feelings of apprehension today?" he said with a strangely lighthearted tone despite him being very serious for his concern about what this young woman was thinking about her imminent meeting with the fear-inspiring deity that governed the world single-handed. "You know, though powerful he may be, he is not without reason. I would hope the centuries of pointless fighting were...a blind moment in his infinite insight." He chuckled nervously, placing a hand on his belly as he did so.

Rien gave him a soft smile but shook her head. "I would be a liar if I said I wasn't somewhat frightened, but another part of me tells me that everything will be fine as long as we keep our wits about us," she replied in a manner just as gentle as her expression. With no definite way home, what else was there to do? If they would not go to Rathoros, then surely he would come to them, and in Rien's mind, he would not be happy if he had to do such a thing. Their course of action could not be more set in stone. "As I see it, we have much to benefit from this meeting."

"I would be inclined to agree!" Mayor exclaimed, nodding vigorously to emphasize his faith in that. "With many great powers in his possession, he might be able to help you out more than you know." It was an honest statement. What was the true capacity of a strength of a god? Though Mayor would hate to see his guests go, at the same time he would love it if they were able to find their way back to their homes. Darnavan wasn't the most hospitable place, and had a very harsh history along with an unpredictable future. True that this world may or may not have been better than some of their own home worlds, but this was not where they belonged. There was a lot Mayor wanted to know about the other worlds and this universe in general. He had been so preoccupied with being a gracious host that he hadn't given much thought to the situation at large.

"I'm glad you think so, Mayor," Rien replied with a genuine smile now. His words seemed to inspire a sort of hope in her. It made her heart feel a bit warmer. The smells from the kitchen once again tantalized her nose, however, dispersing those thoughts from her mind.

"Very good. Have you seen your companions anywhere? From that wondrous aroma, I would say breakfast is just about ready. I would hate dearly for them to miss it..."

"I'm afraid I don't exactly keep tabs on them," Rien said nervously, eyes closed as she smiled. "I would like to say their rooms, but there's really no telling. I'm not even sure how many of them are awake..."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 pm

At that moment, a loud thud was heard from down the hallway, followed by a string of colorful curses in a variety of languages. Another few seconds passed, and Jun stumbled into the dining room, clicking his tongue out of agitation and a necessity of sight. Infuriatingly high ceilings? Check. Annoying echo? Check. This must be the dining room. His thoughts were only confirmed by the smell of breakfast wafting through the air, making his stomach grumble. Eating was probably the best thing that ever happened to him, he concluded.

After a few more moments, Jun realized that he wasn’t actually alone in the room as he had originally thought. Oops. That meant that someone had probably heard his tirade of colorful language. “Uh...sorry,” he stated lamely, scratching the back of his head and clicking his tongue as he tried to figure out who he was accompanied by. His efforts didn’t go as well as he’d hoped, the sound echoing around and only serving to worsen his ever growing headache. “If y’ don’t mind speaking up so I can tell who’s there, that’d be great,” he continued a bit sheepishly, rubbing his forehead through his blindfold, wincing as he accidentally poked himself in the eye. Today was not his sharpest of days.

Quin sat up on top of the bell tower, leaning back and cracking her back. “Next time, remember a pillow,” she muttered, rubbing her head. She then shook her head, trying to clear it, her long black hair flying everywhere and catching her quite off guard. She flailed around for a few seconds, trying to escape the wild mess of hair that appeared when she actually took her hair out. She floundered around for a few seconds more, before managing to get it into some sort of a ponytail. Maybe they’d have a mirror in the mansion, or some water that she could use to tame her frizzy mess. She jumped off the bell tower, slowly floating down towards the bottom, humming to herself absentmindedly.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 am

"Well, there's one of them now, actually," Rien said delightedly as she realized Jun had wandered into the foyer. She wondered if the splendid and tantalizing aroma of the impending breakfast had managed to lure him down, but pushed such thoughts away. "It's just me, Rien, and Mayor in here right now. Admiring the statue of Rathoros and talking about the upcoming meeting. Seems like Mayor's treating us to breakfast before we go though," she chimed rather happily. Her worries had been assuaged for the most part. In place of the dread she had felt, there was now hope. Was meeting the powerful deity their ticket home? It would be such an anti-climactic end, but Rien certainly wouldn't complain if she could go back to Alidaire again and see her sister and Scarlet.

"Yes, yes! I have a grand breakfast being prepared for you all. It's a long trip to the Infernal Keep, so it's best you all be adequately fed before taking off," Mayor concurred, winking at Jun before realizing that the blindfolded fellow wouldn't be able to see him doing so. "W-well, you get the point." Mayor's eyes suddenly shifted to the front door where a female servant was leaving.

The morning air was quite refreshing, even though morning couldn't really exist in a place where the sky was the same for every hour of the day. The maid paced forth with near perfect posture and approached Quin who had managed to land safely on the ground. She bowed deeply, her raven black hair falling forward with her motions before she rose and straightened it back out. "I took it upon myself to come out here and let you know that breakfast was being served soon, milady," the maid said formally in a soft voice, her smile subtle and angelic. "I do not think that the hospitable Mayor knew that you had decided to slumber upon the bell tower last night," she added with a slight chuckle. "Would you care for me to escort you inside? I believe some of your companions are gathered in the foyer."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Jun grinned at the mention of breakfast, glad that the mayor was a generous man. It would be a shame if he had to smell this breakfast, but not be able to taste any of it. “Thanks,” he chuckled good-naturedly, unaware of Mayor’s awkward wink. Even if Jun’s hearing was quite good, he wasn’t very good at reading people from their voices. “Though I dunno how much I’ll be able to eat considering dinner last night. This food puts my world’s food to shame, even from before the Storm,” he praised, rubbing the side of his face and grimacing slightly at the stubble that was already showing up again. Why was it so hard to stay clean shaven?

Quin stared at the maid uneasily for a second, eerily reminded of the receptionist that greeted her when she came home every day. While this one laughed and such, Quin got the impression that it was all an act, though that might’ve just been her paranoia. She brushed her bangs off her eye for a second to get a better look at the maid, before nodding. “Yes, uh, that would be fine. Thank you,” she said, rocking back on her heels and subconsciously grabbing the rock in her pocket. It was comforting to feel the wind around her, even if it was telling her that she needed to control herself more.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:51 pm

The maid nodded, smiling. "Right this way, milady," she spoke, moving swiftly across the plaza back towards the manor, escorting Quin along until they had found themselves in the foyer. The maid closed the door behind them and approached Mayor. "I located your missing guest, sir. She decided to spend the night upon your belltower instead of inside one of your rooms."

Mayor turned his head to look at Quin and raised an eyebrow. It wasn't every day that someone could be found sleeping on his belltower, save for Era when he felt like a quick cat nap. Era was a hard worker, so his naps were excusable. As for the young girl's taste in sleeping places? Mayor found it to be very odd, but decided not to insult his otherwordly guest out of an odd mixture of fear and respect. "Very good, Lyric. You've done well. Thank you," he said to the maid, still a bit taken aback. He waved her away before gesturing to the dining hall, implying that his guests should go and take their seats. He definitely wasted no time in leading the brigade.

Lyric rolled her eyes in a very subtle manner before heading to the stairway leading to the second floor. "Have a wonderful breakfast, Mayor. And the same to the guests. Good luck with your meeting," she made sure to say before departing.

Rien gave her a curt nod before pursuing Mayor to the dining hall and taking a seat near the portly fellow who decided to take the seat at the head of the table again. The table was already set, and glasses were out filled with milk and orange juice, freshly squeezed. There were jars of preserves, peanut butter, and margarine about, not to mention small glass dishes filled with fresh fruit, their outer skins possessing drops of water showing they had been washed. Other delightful smells radiated out of the kitchen, but Rien wasn't sure how hungry she would be. She was pretty much in the same boat as Jun. The food last night had been more than enough for her, granted she was used to such large meals.

She waited for the others to find their seats before voicing something she had noticed. "Oh. It seems as though Kazu is missing."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Jun clicked his tongue, turning his head as he searched the room for Kazu, though his efforts didn’t fruit any success. He turned back towards Rien’s voice, deciding to take her word for it, since he was pretty sure she wasn’t stupid. “You want me to go get him?” he offered, though immediately regretted his words after. He wasn’t even quite sure where Kazu’s room was. That could be a bit of a problem, considering he wasn’t even 100% sure where his own room was located.

Quin glanced around the room as well, licking her lips a little at the sight of the fresh fruit and the smell of the food yet to come. Even after last night, she was still hungry for breakfast, though she assumed that was just her high teenage metabolism at work. “I’ll go find him,” she said, figuring it would be easier if they didn’t send the blind guy to go wander around for a while. Jun was the one getting lost half the time, anyway. “Be back in a few,” she said, before wandering off towards where the guest rooms were.

She brushed her bangs out of her eyes, glancing around at the paintings that adorned the walls of the hallways. She passed the occasional window, watching as the eternally orange light beamed in through the glass. “Kazu?” she called out once she had reached the guest hallway, not exactly sure which room was his. Surely the assassin was awake by now, though if he didn’t respond she would have to start opening doors.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum