Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays)

4 posters

Go down

Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays) Empty Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays)

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:05 pm

It was a dark time for Ardiel, a dark time indeed. It all started with the death of Kyrm's leader, the barbarian
Bjornkyl. The other barbarians were in shock; he had died of poison. Immediately assassination was brought up.
But the only ones able to create such a poison were the elves of Blackwood. It was those elves that were blamed, and a war broke out between the two. The dark elves of Vvordya came to the aid of Kyrm, and the Lizardfolk from the marshlands south of Blackwood aided the forest elves. The remaining countries of Adielinn, Dremyra, and Springset warned the warring factions that fighting would lead them to nowhere, and that they should be focusing on finding out about Bjornkyl's assassination.
However, they did not stop the violence. The dark elf's controversial new methods of necromancy and summoning stirred the demons of the unknown lands to the southwest, an area nobody had ever ventured to and returned. Demons began appearing in Kyrm and Blackwood, fighting with the soldiers on both sides, turning the fighting from small squabbles to a massive three-sided war. A truce was made between Blackwood and Kyrm, and they quickly joined forces to fight the demons, but it didn't matter; they did not have enough troops. Demons swarmed the lands. Blackwood, Kyrm, the Marshlands, and Vvordya evacuated to Adielinn, the center of Ardiel, and agreed to whatever punishment would be appropriate just to be safe. Dremyra and Springset both withdrew to Adielinn as well, finding that portals began popping up that enabled demonic troops that transported them into both countries. The forces were not overly powerful, but the mages realized that they must all unite, or else face oblivion. The mages of Springset cast spells upon their own capital, changing it to a floating island and moving it to hover over the Imperial Castle in Adielinn. The mages then brought Dremyra's capital, as well as the castles from both Blackwood and Kyrm, essentially making all of the capitals in Ardiel one. Springset's mages would be unable to join in the fighting, for the strain of moving five cappitals was immense.
The combined forces of all the capitals held of the demons, even forcing them back. A few days passed with no demon sightings. Citizens began to relax, believing they could soon return home.
Nearly a week passed without conflict, and an order to return everyone home was about to be given when a scout spotted something. It was identified as a demonic army, marching for the capitals. Demons swarmed Adielinn from all sides, massive portals appeared, delivering beasts to the Empire's gates. The armies immediately withdrew to the capital, forming a protective ring around it, while small task forces were sent out to do what they could.
But the demons seemed to be doubling their forces every day, and soon, soldiers were in short supply. Everybody who could do something was involved. War machines were built, recruits were trained, there seemed to be a surge of hope through the Ardielins. It was all for naught, the demons slaughtered the new soldiers, or took them as slaves, which might have been worse then death. Springset's mages, and Dremyra's dark mages set aside their differences and cast a spell to pull all of the floating capitals to one city, and putting defense runes around it. The combined city was not floating any longer, but the demons could not get through the runes without alerting every guard in the city.
The leaders came together to make plans. Something needed to be done to free the slaves. The Springset mages, aided by the skysteel blacksmiths of Kyrm created plans to turn the combined capitals into a massive war machine, so they would no longer be forced to be on the defensive, and could wage war on the demons, as well as free as many soldiers as possible.

As you can see, this is an incredibly large RP. I do expect long-ish posts for it, and I do not want it dying out. I made this with the objective of getting lots of people to join, as well as making them use their brains to write large posts. This RP will function somewhat like a real war, depending on the performance of the RPers, each side can gain or lose territories. I'll keep track of it, and I will also post a map at some point.

I'm sure there's more I need to put, but I need to get to work so I'll be back to this later. Lemee know if you have any suggestions or questions/comments/concerns and I will take care of them.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays) Empty Re: Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays)

Post by blackoutEquinox Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:14 pm

I'll join in.
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Mood : Drop a knowledge bomb.
Location : Northern Hemisphere of the 3rd planet that orbits a midsize yellow star in the outer portion of a spiral arm of a midsize Spiral Galaxy called the Milky Way

Back to top Go down

Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays) Empty Re: Ascension (Fantasy, tree roleplays)

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Coolio.
inb4 Oblivion
inb4 OP can't inb4
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackoutEquinox Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:19 pm

inb4 TES: Online
inb4 LotR:BfME2
inb4 still can't inb4
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Location : Northern Hemisphere of the 3rd planet that orbits a midsize yellow star in the outer portion of a spiral arm of a midsize Spiral Galaxy called the Milky Way

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Gtfo.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackoutEquinox Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Lol you mad.
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:27 pm

This sounds cool, and I like Fantasy settings, and, when I want too, post a decent paragraph or 2, or as many is the general standard.

So: 2 Questions.

How does the Magic work here? What is the "limit" of it's potential, risks to new practicers, etc.

And...what does this "inb4" thing entail. I'm a little lost.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm intrigued.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Don't worry about inb4.

And if you've read the Inheritence cycle, it works similar to that. If a new magician tried to do something outside his power, it could backfire on him or he could die from loss of energy.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Ah the Eragon books, so Word magic?

This'll be fun if I do a mage, I'll probably do some sort of Warrior instead. I'll read through the setting details again, and try to post some character details as I come up with them Smile
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Word magic, but skilled mages can go without.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Then you can cast spells without words with a significant degree of mastery, okay cool.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down