Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem of Depravity

+3
Rose Hathaway
Book the Hero
CodastertheDisaster
7 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Requiem of Depravity - Page 2 Empty Re: Requiem of Depravity

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:22 am

"Birds of a feather flock together," Evangeline spoke in a nearly inaudible whisper before her gaze turned into a more serious one. She laced her fingers together and leaned forward. "Would you like to hear a curious piece of information? I'm looking for a temple and six other people as well. Isn't that a coincidence?" The look of seriousness did not last for long as a quaint smile crawled onto her face. Jesting was all she was doing now. It was definitely no coincidence. The feeling finally had an explanation, and now that this Cielo was revealed to be one of the descendants of the Seven, the feeling quietened just a bit. This was more than sheer dumb luck. She had been drawn to this desert town, and now she would find the other descendants in the same manner as this one. Evangeline leaned back, sipping down some more water. "Well, now you know why I have come to this place. We are but two, and there are still five left to find. What say to you and I sticking together for now? If two split to find more, and they manage to succeed, yet fail to reunite, then the original goal to gather all in one place is shattered...of course, relying upon the natural pull to each other might help to change that little saying around a bit. The chances of us losing each other now are slim to none. What do you think?"

Evangeline's thoughts shifted to the odd blond girl who had just rushed away without a moment's notice. Could she have...could she have possibly been one of the people they were looking for as well? And we let her get away so easily... she sighed mentally, fiddling with her dress as she awaited an answer from Cielo.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 am

Cielo's eyes widened in surprise, before smiling. This women was one of the seven descendants. Cielo wanted to slap herself for not considering it sooner. "I agree that we must stick together, but I think we've just met another of the descendants, and I believe I ran into one earlier." Cielo said, her mind drifting to the man she had met in the bar earlier. He was far from home, and she didn't believe her meeting with him was just coincidence.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by AlluredStep Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 am

Sinclair wearily took several more steps into the tavern, noting the atmosphere and people. He had a heavy feeling in his chest, and his throat was as parched as the desert the town was situated in. He strolled toward the seats and silently sat down on one farthest down, setting his pack aside next to his seat. He ordered some mead and took moderate sips of it. He didn't usually drink, but after the long trek in the harsh environment the sweet taste of mead down his throat was like drinking from heaven's fountain.

He let out a content sigh, though he didn't forget his goal that drove him here in the first place. To find the descendants of the Seven...
AlluredStep
AlluredStep

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 am

"Ah, so you thought as much as well? Yes, I do believe the interesting blond girl was one of the Seven's descendants as well," Evangeline spoke, pleased that her and Cielo were on the same page. And it seemed that the woman had met another one somewhere else. "Should we go looking for them now? If they were drawn here, I doubt they'll leave here without all of the descendants being together. I do believe we were...fated to meet here before trekking to the temple...wherever that may be. Should we follow the sands, I'm sure we will come across it. It is the will of the Divines for us to inherit their power." She nodded intently, polishing off her water, the ice cubes clinking against the side of the glass.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 am

"Yes...but first, I would like a new change of clothes." Cielo said, looking down as her fur coat and pants, which were quite inadequate for the current climate. "Maybe we could run into one of them on the way." Cielo suggested.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:48 am

Evangeline stood up from her seat making sure to leave a little tip for whoever cleared the tables in addition to paying the cheap price for the water. "Of course. I will not argue that you could use something a bit more comfortable to travel in. Come. Let us not see if we can find a vendor who sells clothes," the tall woman said softly, striding forth across the floor of the tavern and waiting at the front door for her new companion. She could still feel the strong fluttering. They descendants must all be in this very town, but where were they? Ah, no use worrying over something out of your hands. The people in other countries do not expect you to solve their problems, so why worry? she thought, allowing fate to simply take her to wherever she was supposed to go. She had always been a free spirit, so this really wasn't much of a stretch for her.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 am

Cielo smiled before following after Evangeline, glad she had been able to make a friend in this country,and that it was one of the descendants as well. Things were beginning to look up, Cielo thought, as she left the tavern with the priestess.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 am

Evangeline walked along the streets in the direction of the fountain she had visited earlier with Cielo apparently in tow. The heat had not let up at all, and she figured it would stay this hot all throughout the day. It was at a moment like this that she was pleased that she was wearing white which would reflect the sun's rays instead of absorbing it. Unfortunately, the heat was the least of her troubles, for she had no idea where someone selling clothes might be located. She could have walked along the streets all day and still not find it, and by that point, both her and her companion would be drenched with sweat from all the walking around. It was such a shame that the town had to be so big. She decided to voice her concern to Cielo as they walked.

"I'm not sure even where to begin looking for someone who might have better clothes for you," she said in a heavy tone, her voice lacking the usual soft, airiness that it normally possessed. "I saw a man earlier by the fountain up ahead. He told me where the tavern was. He was also the one who warned me about the vile patrons of said tavern. Perhaps he'll still be nearby and we can get directions from him," she stated with a slight nod.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:08 am

"That sounds like a good idea." Cielo said, who was now sweating heavily. She deduced that'd she'd probably need another drink by the time she got some new clothes.

"Let's go find him, do you know what he looks like?" Cielo asked the Priestess, as she scanned the area for any clothing bendors that might've been nearby.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:10 am

A few moments passed and Kaza stepped back. "My apologies," he said, stepping back, out of the girl's way. She couldn't have been older than sixteen. There was no way she was a Descendant. However the sensation he felt was not unlike the one that brought him to Barahm. His normally melancholy expression was replaced with one of alarm. "I did not mean to run into you," he added, voice slightly lower.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 am

"You're one of the seven." Isha stated point blank, still staring at Kaza. She felt sure of it now, and couldn't help the smile that was coming onto her face. She was confused why the man had such an expression, before relizing that they had bumped into each other.

"Oh, it's quite alright." She waved her hand. Then she noticed the blonde getting farther away in the crowd. "There's another one. Follow me!"

She grabbed the man's wrist and started to quickly make her way through the crowd.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:23 am

"Yes, I most certainly remember. He was a rather handsome fellow. Hair that was a shade of brown, and he had unique eyes--I believe they were a pale red sort of," Evangeline continued walking, placing a hand daintily to her chin as she continued to recall. He was wearing this maroon coat. It was pretty stylish. Oh, and he had this silver ring on as well. It glinted in the sun and caught my attention. Essentially, he did not look like he was from this place at all." She stopped in her tracks suddenly as the realization donned on her. Why had she not seen it before? The feeling had been so strong then, but she hadn't even begun to suspect. Oh, I do hope I'm not losing my touch, she thought to herself worriedly, but turned to face Cielo with a soft smile on her face.

"I think the fellow I ran into earlier might be one of the ones we're looking for," she explained quickly. "I felt the pull earlier when he had stopped to question my drinking from the fountain, but I paid it no heed. I was anxious to get away from him because I thought him to be rude at first, but he turned out to be a nice gentleman in the end."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 am

"...That sounds exactly like the guy I told you about earlier." Celio said, when she realized who she was describing. "We need to find him, now." She finished, before scanning the area again, looking for the handsome stranger she had met at the bar.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:02 am

A look of amazement crossed Kaza's face for a split second, before melting back into his usual, nihilistic expression. He allowed the girl (Who was much smaller than him) to drag him towards the crowd. He caught glimpse of the young blonde woman from the tavern that reminded him of something from the day he witnessed the Old God. "I'm Kaza," he said in the midst of being dragged around.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 am

Aeliel stepped aside to let the third girl leave. He could hear the other two begin to talk about finding six other people and temples and such. Good luck, he snorted to himself. After the girls left, another traveler (a man this time) settled into the farthest table. Like the girls, this man drew Aeliel's attention despite the fact that there was no battle this time around. He had earthy brown hair (Aeliel was too faraway to note the color of his eyes) and appeared weary from a long journey. Without any reason, Aeliel found himself approaching the strange foreigner (ha, he thought, as if I were anyone to talk).

"What am I doing...?" he muttered, but he didn't stop walking. There was something that...drew him. Aeliel dropped into the seat across from the man with exasperate resignation. As he turned his eyes towards his quarry, Aeliel struggled to think of something to say that would make this meeting a bit less awkward, to no avail. He contented (and I say this in the loosest sense of the word) himself to silence, waiting for the other man to speak.
that fang
that fang

Mood : MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlluredStep Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 am

Sinclair's eyes were currently watching the last of the mead in his cup enter his mouth before setting down the glass on the table once more. He leaned back in his chair before realizing that there was someone in front of him. Dressed in a brown cloak and archer's garb that he was from a distant land, not a resident of the local desert city they were currently situated in. As he glanced at the stranger he felt a peculiar feeling bubble within himself. There was something about this other man....

Sinclair noticed the fellow across from him looked like he was about to say something, but to no avail. Leaning forward once more and putting his hands on the table, palm-down, he focused his gaze toward the man.

"Yes? Is there something you need?" He couldn't shake off this strange feeling that the man emitted, but tried to remain reasonably calm and keep his manners.
AlluredStep
AlluredStep

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 am

So the man spoke. Aeliel was momentarily stunned as the feeling intensified. It was over almost as soon as it started and Aeliel remembered that he hadn't answered the man.

"Er..." he coughed. Wow, what a great introduction. Aeliel could already tell what fantastic friends they were going to be. He inwardly groaned. "No, not really. I just felt like...sitting down here," he said, feeling dumb. "My name's Aeliel."
that fang
that fang

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

Corentine was aimlessly wandering now. She had no idea what to do. Something inside her kept her from leaving, but now on top of that she felt like she was being followed. She turned around to see a Tivuorian man she recognized from the tavern who looked like he was being dragged. He seemed like an odd fellow, in a creepy way, and on top of that he was Tivuorian. Did he know she was from Myrsk? What did he want with her?

She had to lose him. Her blond hair was andead giveaway, so she pulled up the hood of her cloak to hide it, and kept walking. If it wasn't enough, she'd start running. But now she was zigzagging and keeping her head low to see if she coulld get him off her trail.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:00 am

Isha navigated through the crowds, holding her amulet up slightly just in case anyone thought to give them trouble. She had no time for market goers to get the wrong idea and try to stop the pair.

"Kaza is a nice name. I'm Isha." The girl replied, still trying to keep track of the head of blonde hair.

"Stop moving so much." She muttered angrily under her breath, made to be directed at the blonde she and Kaza were after.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by AlluredStep Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 am

Sinclair brought his cup to his mouth before realizing there was nothing more in the cup for him to drink. He set the cup aside and faced the man, whom he now knew as Aeliel, again. He spoke curtly, leaving the silence hanging between them once more. Guess he a little company couldn't be too bad, Sinclair thought. After all, better to make friends than enemies in a new and foreign land.

"Name's Sinclair," he replied, offering his hand to Aeliel to shake. He eyed the opposite man's garb once more. Definitely not a native. "You... from around here? Or somewhere far away?"
AlluredStep
AlluredStep

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 am

"Nah, I'm from Larksong. Er, that's a small mountain village in Silar." Aeliel looked down at his clothing. "Back at home, I was an archer." To this, he added a bitter smile. "But something came up and I found myself here. I don't even know what I'm looking for."

Aeliel knew that he must have looked wholly strange to this Sinclair fellow. Blue-eyes and auburn hair - those were Silarian traits, and Silar and Barahm weren't on the best terms these days. It was rare to find even travelers dispersed between the two.

"You're not from here either," Aeliel voiced his previous impressions. "If you are, you've got me fooled. You look like you just traversed an arduous journey."
that fang
that fang

Back to top Go down

Post by AlluredStep Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 am

"You'd be right," Sinclair said, leaning back once more into his chair. "I came here from Velika, on the outskirts of Silar, across the desert. Funny thing is, it was just on a whim and a feeling. The city itself is rather large, so I've never left there before."

"And you're also correct about the arduous journey. I came to this tavern to rest... and I've got to... meet someone, you could say. You should you were looking for something as well, correct?" Sinclair eyed the other man curiously.

AlluredStep
AlluredStep

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:48 am

"Yeah, something," Aeliel sighed. He offered a small grin, more as a consolation to himself. "The little girl wasn't quite clear what it was." He paused as if considering what he was saying. "Why am I telling you this? I don't know. It just seems like the right thing to do. You probably think I'm crazy when I say that a little girl came to me saying I had to come here. She didn't quite mention what I needed to come here for though."
that fang
that fang

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

"Oh, you met the same fellow? Then there is no doubt in my mind that he was drawn to you as well," Evangeline stated with a slight twinkle in her eye. The man had to have been a descendant. Keeping her eyes peeled as they moved along, the priestess realized that the streets were much more crowded than they were earlier, or maybe it was just in the section they were in. "Ah, I do believe we have found sort of marketplace," she stated to her companion, pointing out a building farther down the street that had a sign out front that depicted a shirt. "If that's not a store that sells clothing, then their sign is very misleading. Assumptions are dangerous, when a sign that is clear enough is present, can it really be called assuming?" she mused, making her way through the people. Most seemed to get out of her way rather voluntarily, their eyes gazing upon her in wonder. The people in her hometown didn't gawk as much because they were so used to her presence, so it became a bit unnerving and somewhat embarrassing feeling all of the strange eyes upon her, but she would keep her whimsical and motivated demeanor, showing that she was unaffected. She had taken Cielo's hand gently so that she wouldn't lose the other woman. In a matter of minutes they were in front of the shop. Apparently, there was a small word carved into the sign that read 'Clothes.'

"You can go in and get what you need," Evangeline said with a soft smile, gazing out over the crowds. "I'll stay out here and keep an eye out for our man. If you come out and I am not here, it means I had to pursue him. Just stay here until I manage to fetch him," she explained, turning around so that she could get a better view of the people meandering through the streets. It was at times like these that she loved being tall.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 am

Celio nodded to Evangeline. "I thank you for your help, I most appreciate it." She said, before turning around and entering the store. She began to look around for clothes that would be comfortable, fit her well,and help her blend in. Once she did, she immediately went and bought them, before going to the changing room.

A minute later, she exited out of the store, now garbed in clothes similar to the local's. "I'm back, any luck on finding our two friends?" Celio asked, glad to be in much more comfortable clothing, even if it did feel weird as heck.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next