Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Summoning

3 posters

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Summoning Empty Tales of Alidaire: The Summoning

Post by Masquerade Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:24 pm

A day. That is all it takes to change the world. Though the change may not be evident in the beginning, all will be revealed in due time. Your lives shall never be the same...just because of a single day.

The golden midday sun battered the city of Altinor mercilessly with its blazing heat. A glowing orb of the warmest bliss amongst the expansive and everlasting sea of the azure sky, it frightened off the fluffy comfort of the countless cumulus that normally inhabit the atmosphere and filtered through even the dustiest and dirtiest of windows today. Many people strolled the streets under the oppressive sun, whether they be extravagantly dressed nobles or grimy vagabonds, they went about their daily business with a peculiar happiness. Along the myriad, almost labyrinthine roads of Altinor, innumerable flowers of just as innumerable species reached longingly into the sky for the sun's tender caress. Their different shades and hues--purples, golds, reds, blues, violets, yellows, and any other color one can think of--brightened the mood of the city,and with their elegant dancing in the summer's breeze, their mixture of pungent and sweetest fragrances wafting throughout the city, and pleasantly startling appeal to the eye, they manage to delicately brush the weathered hearts of passersby granting them a wonderful day, regardless of the burdens that may be plaguing their mortal souls.

The stone constructs of the market district basked in the waves of heat that surged through the air. Different stores were bustling with business, a few of their workers out on the streets calling out the good sales to potential customers. The harried lives of the citizens were laid bare upon the cobblestone this day, for many discounts were being provided, and not a single individual could not be humbled by the magnificent and almost unbelievable deals in the establishments today. With their gold in hand, entire families scurried out of their homes to get some shopping completed. The cause for all this overwhelming excitement was the fact that today was Queen's Day--the anniversary of the crowning of the first queen of the Floran Dynasty.

It was for this explicit reason that Captain Rayne Saffir had even deigned to visit the smooth, tranquil halls of the Knight Apprentices' Academy. The meritorious, yet subtle empyrean of the city, finely constructed of the most exorbitant white marble, elicited a sensation of grandeur as one scrutinized its architecture. Yet, Saffir had come and gone, and come again, so the feelings of inspiration that had infused her so many years ago had faded into oblivion the same way her past self did. And now, as she stood behind the oak podium in the courtyard of the Academy, taking on the blaze of the sun in stride, she felt nothing--nothing but her own aspirations and desires of which she would use anyone to achieve. Thus, she stood a prominent figure in front of the large gathering of knight apprentices, her snow white armored bustier glimmering in the soft sunlight and her matching white overcoat, complete with blue-gray lining, fluttered helplessly in the breeze, grasping for control, but never seizing it. Of course, her luscious, fluidic hair was as an embodiment of the sea itself, being a dark, abysmal blue and allowed the same warm breeze to tousle it as well. With her stern, predatory gaze, she moved her aquatic blue eyes over the crowd assembled before her. She paced across the wooden stage that had been set for her. The metallic cacophony of her lustrous, white greaves that went up about halfway to her knees echoed throughout the courtyard uninterrupted. She stopped, and began her speech.

"Thou who hast gathered before me now--I commend you!" she exclaimed, watching intently as the serious faces of her crowd transmogrified into overly smug smiles. "How hard hast thou worked to get where you are now? What stress has fallen upon your now strengthened hearts? Whatever it is, you hast overcome it with great ease, and that is what makes an efficient Elendian knight." She spread her arms out wide as if to embrace the entire crowd, the white gauntlets on her hands glinting. However, before she could get another word out, a page ran up to her and whispered something in her ear. A maniacal grin fell upon her face and she laughed. The page hurried off the stage, more afraid of the Captain than he'd ever been.

"Even more great news on this, the day of the Queen!" she shouted, her voice tinted with anxious anger. "I have a task of the utmost importance for you all! The renegade White Phoenix has been spotted right here in town! Imagine what a fool he must be! We must apprehend him while we still have a chance. Thus, I ask of you all: half of you go and blockade the town exit, and the other half hurry to the Clerk's Office in the market district to catch the miscreant! Whoever catches that villain will own him or herself an exclusive spot in the Royal Knights! I beseech thee: go forth! NOW!" Her booming voice commanded authority as it devastated the small courtyard. Knights in their standard silver armor were beginning to split off, some going to the city exit while others were more interested in facing the renegade one on one at the Clerk's Office.

"So, prepare to meet your maker, Crawford," Rayne whispered to herself. "You have been a thorn in my side for too long and I will make certain my plans are executed." She laughed again out loud, her head tilted up to the sky, slowly filling with her insanity.

Chance sat in a dark alleyway, glancing desperately into an empty money sack. "This is utterly pathetic," he muttered solemnly. "Not a single gold left. Seems like I do not know the ways of money or how to spend it properly." He stood up, the sound of his clanging armor startling a nearby alley cat. It hissed and ran off further down the alley. Before moving out into the open, Chance glanced around the corner of the building he was next to. The streets were crammed with people, and he couldn't see any of the city guards about. Now is the perfect time to pick up a bill at the Clerk's Office, he thought as he made his way out onto the cobblestone street. He didn't exactly fit in, but no one passing him by had time for questions. Thus, with great ease, he made his way to the Clerk's Office.

His eyes were suddenly overwhelmed, for inside the building was a lot darker than outside and he had to adjust. When he could see again, he noticed the same front desk near the front with a few chairs to the side in case things got busy. He had been here many times--the same plain, gray stone walls, ceiling, floor. Not a single plant was inside the place nor a soft rug upon the floor. It was a bland place, but he didn't mind--it was his ticket to making money. He approached the desk. There was no one there. "Hello!" he called out. A wooden door appeared with a loud popping noise and a small puff of smoke on one of the nearby walls and a man in a flowing, black robe entered the room from it. He walked calmly and quietly with a disturbing countenance to the front desk and stood behind it. He had short, jet black hair except for his extremely long bangs that covered his face nearly completely. Only a few patches of pale skin could be seen.

"Can I help you?" the man asked, his voice barely audible.

"Yes, you can," Chance responded politely. "I'm here to pick up a couple of bills."

The man nodded slowly. He gave Chance two scrolls of parchment tied with a crimson ribbon. "You are lucky. These are the last ones." With that, the man disappeared in another cloud of acrid smoke. Chance covered his face and coughed wildly until it was able to diffuse through the air. The renegade knight could still feel a burning sensation in his throat. He rubbed his neck. "Ouch. Well, I better get started on these then."

Little did he know that a certain page had been spying on him since he entered the Clerk's Office, and like a little bird, he fluttered away to inform his master...
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Summoning Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Summoning

Post by AbsolWings Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:57 pm

"Pumpkim, don't goo!!! I can protect you...I know I can. I'll try. You've got to let me try."

In front of the two calm water rippled in the moonlight, tickled ever so gently by twenty toes dabbling in the water. The way the waves swelled and dissipated mimicked what Kim was feeling in her gut; in her heart. Bottom lips were chewed on to keep from trembling and exasperated sighs thrown into the night sky.

"Deadae...you know...you know that if there was even a chance..."

A soft, tinkling voice came out from underneath a thin black and white cloak. Kim pulled up her hood so that the moon rays wouldn't catch the tears forming in her eyes. It was ever so unlike her to cry...but the tone of her older brother's voice...he'd never sounded so desperate before. How could she do this to him? How could she? He'd already lost two of his siblings, and now she was doing this to him.
A hand on her shoulder stopped her once she opened her mouth again. Kim turned; something she'd regret for the rest of her life.

"Pumpkim...please...please!!!"

His usually stoic, defined face had broken out into misery. Light blue irises were almost lost in the swelling tears, cheeks carved in the river streaming down his face. His body, broad shoulders and the other 289 pounds of him, were trembling slightly. He was trying not to shake. He closed his eyes now, opening his mouth and closing it again like one in pain.

"They killed...they'll kill you..please..please..pl-..."

Kim let out a shaky voice, knowing that if she fell apart now she'd never get herself back together.

"I'm sorry-"

Kim choked as Daemon let out a strangled cry, falling against her, arms thick as trees crushing her in a hug that was more or less trying to keep the gradually disintegrating bits of his mind from leaving him completely. He'd die without her...he'd...

"At least take this".

Daemon didn't look at her now, blue eyes trained shiftily on the lake's reflections, adding more and more water to its expanse. With a stiff, pained movement he ripped a charm off of his neck, handing it to her with his back turned.

"Be safe. Go now. Befo-...before they wake up".

Kim wondered how humans could think Lyres didn't feel emotions...wondered why she was purposefully immersing herself in them. Wondered, wondered, wondered...but it was hard to think with her heart having been torn from her chest.
~~~~~

Now the cloak was even thinner, glimmering under the sunlight, worn from months of travel and torn at the hems. Kim practically jogged up the last hill, spunky, unorthodox red hair fluttering behind her. Finally! It was about time. The last town had been nothing but a watering hole. At least this city seemed....

Wow.

Actually, this could be more than a city.

Kim stopped on top of the hill, rocking precariously on her heels, dark eyes looking down at the glittering myriad of buildings below. Two gentle fingers touched at the beauty around her neck. A porcelain, jewel-infused pumpkin hung suspiciously (and perhaps suggestively) close to her breasts; a keepsake from long ago.

"We made it"..

A huge, goofy smile spread across her face and pretty soon she was flying down the hill, feet nearly tripping over each other in her nearly manic run, hair streaming wildly behind her, hips swiveling in her powerful gait.
Finally!!!
She'd made it!! Finally!!!

First she was jumping and squealing at the gate. Then she was fluttering around, tasting everything she could and winking at the guys who flashed smiles at her. For a few hours she simply sat under a tree, staring at a horse drawn carriage until some nice gentleman offered her a ride; hours more playing with glass things and making candles.

By mid-day she was completely out of money, had nowhere to stay, and had eaten pretty much all of her provisions.

"Why hello; haven't seen you in a while".

Kim fiddled with the pumpkin above her chest, smiling sadly at the bottom of her wallet. Where could somebody get some...anything really...around here? She couldn't work; she'd be found out immediately. Seduction usually worked, but often you ended up with more than you'd wanted. A frown poked at her lips, mouth filling with bitter hatred. In a moment it was gone though. That was over with; sooooo totally over with.

The best chance she had was doing some task she would be working where nobody could see her. Some…some sort of quest. She’d heard of Clerk’s Offices before, but those were strictly for Guild Members, were they not? Maybe…she could try getting the manager to bend the rules a bit. As long as there was no prolonged eye contact she’d be fine; the only defining feature between a Lyre and a human was their ever-changing eyes. Hers were dark, but it was still noticeable how the hues changed.
With a nod and a confident swish of her cloak, Kim set off, pretty sure she'd have no issues with anything. It'd be smooth sailing from here.

That is, if smooth sailing was a bunch of rowdy knights swarming outside of your destination. Kim cursed lightly under her breath in Lyan, dark eyes seeming to flash. She’d never seen so much Testosterone in one place, godammit. A whistle was tossed in her direction, but Kim was in no mood to play around at this point. All the way from the other side. For this?

With a small frown the girl tried to push her way through, finding it much easier than she’d expected. Most of the guys cleared a way for her, stepping to the side and then whispering as she passed. Momentarily there was a hush; a tense one, but the silence was welcomed. A few seconds and rowdiness had broken out again, but Kim had only needed a few seconds. She now stood, panting, at the entrance to the office. Apparently it hadn’t occurred to her that if there were a bunch of knights swarmed up in front of a place something might be amiss.

”Hello? Oh, are you the one in charge? My name is Quin; I was wondering if you could help me out….”

Kim fluttered her lashes innocently and flashed a shy smile, chewing on her bottom lip in a brief rehearsal. Shouldn’t be so hard, eh? With a last touch to her necklace and a flip of her hair, she pushed open the doors to the Office and strode in. The black and white of her cloak combined with the red of her hair made her look like a playing card, but if anyone let that and a pretty face trick them they were a fool; there was one thing she was sure of, and it was that she’d be winning any games.

AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Mood : Snuggly~ Oh so snuggly...

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Ellen was sitting in the library, allowing the smell of the old books to comfort her as she poured over her latest read-- The Advanced Guide to Mana and Flora. Despite the title giving such promising hopes of new discoveries, she young Mage had been very disappointed to learn that the majority of the content of this book in particular she had already learned, or discovered for herself. However, she told herself that she would finish it, just in case there was something new to be learned.

As she reached the end of the book, she felt a small bit of excitement rise up in her chest. Once she was finished with this, she could move on to new, and hopefully more interesting material. She was about to turn the page, when a loud cough interrupted her.

Excuse me, Scholar Seford?” a rather stocky looking messenger boy asked, far too unaware of the piercing glare that Ellen was giving him. How dare he interrupt her peace and quiet? Especially when she was almost finished with this atrocious book!

What do you want?” Ellen asked, a cold tone entering her voice as she tapped her fingers anxiously against the pages of the book, urging the boy to hurry up.

This seemed to strike a nerve in the messenger, as he started to look a little nervous, fidgeting a little on the spot. “Um...uh... High Scholar Auburne told me to tell you uh...

Come on, spit it out!” Ellen snapped agitatedly, standing up at her seat and clenching her fists against the table. The longer the boy talked, the more annoyed she became that she wasn’t finishing the book.

The messenger seemed to pale a little more, and he opened his mouth, talking much faster than he had before. “Chance Crawford has been spotted and Captain Saffir has ordered that he be captured!” he squeaked out, before running out of the library.

Ellen settled back into her seat, closing the book and staring blankly ahead for a few moments, before standing up much more calmly. “Well...I suppose it’d be a good idea to do something about that...” she murmured to herself, running a hand through her blonde hair. Tying her cloak back around her neck, she left the library, turning into the streets, keeping a careful eye out for the White Phoenix.
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Rayne had remained on the stage on which she was supposed to have delivered an inspirational speech, and now she glowered across the deserted courtyard, her face becoming the embodiment of solemnity. The realization of her mortiferous fallacy brought a sullen countenance to plague her expression. Damn it! How could I forget who I was messing with? I sent them up against the White Phoenix, for the sake of the gods! Damn. If I could relax a little more around here, I probably wouldn't be so erroneous. There is only one who can stop the White Phoenix...

The captain of the Royal Knights glissaded her sword from its ornate sheathe elegantly with the meticulousness that only a master swordswoman could possibly retain. She cherished the shimmering blade, an aquamarine masterpiece glinting with oceanic radiance in the emanation of the sun. The hilt was an aureate conglomeration of intricately carved seashells. Though the tranquility of those seashells and the irresistible calm of the magnificent waves that permeated the remainder of the hilt foretold a tale of triumph and beneficence, a stygian nature underlied the ominous obsidian, devoid of vividity as the perpetual darkness of the starless sky, its expanse saturated with the lost hopes and broken dreams of those who face eternal punishment.

"And that person is ME!" she proclaimed to the azure sky with the cotton candy clouds acting as witnesses to her declaration. "King of Beasts, I beseech thee. Manifestation of all that inhabits the neverending seas, focus your wrath! Bring out the true beauty of our world. Blue Tiger!" She stabbed the earth viciously, a bestial visage flashing 'cross her face, then vanishing as lightning does. Vehement streams of blue mana surged from the point of puncture, and in mere moments, a prodigious representation of mana now stood before Rayne in the configuration of a sky blue tiger. Its turquoise fur bristled in anxiety, and its yellow eyes were those of the demons that dwell in the darkest corners of imagination, touching lightly upon a horror that even nightmares cannot reach. The gleaming fangs of the savage beast exhibited its ferocious authority over life. Without hesitation, Rayne dislodged her brilliant blade from the crude, unforgiving earth and mounted her tiger. It reared its head, tail flickering fickly from side to side, and with a mighty bound, it soared into the air, riding upon an achromatic cloud, the embodiment of the winter's purest snow.

Captain Rayne's destination was already set. The Clerk's Office was in for a rude awakening...

The door to the Clerk's Office opened which caused Chance to break from his stupor caused by the acrid smoke. Whoever had decided to visit now just a few moments after he had taken the last of the quests was immensely unlucky and bound to be disappointed. It made the renegade knight feel a bit guilty, but he had to make some money in order to keep his operations running. Glancing at the woman who had entered, he tilted his head in curiosity. There was something different about her that he just couldn't quite put his finger on. The hair was definitely distinguishing, and quite erratic in appearance at that. Chance blinked a couple of times, silently reprimanding himself; he did not wish for this young woman to think he was ogling her. Instead, he took the initiative to approach her, lowering the hand holding the scrolls such that it dangled by his side. Bowing his head, he gave the girl a faint smile and apologetic smile. "Many pardons, my lady, but if you're looking to take on quests at the time, I must inform you that this location just ran out," Chance offered the woman his apologies, placing a hand gently over his own heart. Many of the people who visited the Clerk's Office for quests were often affiliated with a guild of some sort, but not always. Other times there would be mercenaries that took on the quests, lone wolves seeking to keep all the earnings for themselves instead of paying taxes to the guilds or dividing up loot amongst a team. Chance briefly wondered what category this young lady fell under.

"If you're desperate for money, I'd be more than willing to share these quests with you," Chance put his offer upon the table humbly, raising his hand and wiggling the two scrolls for emphasis. He wasn't sure what the tasks written upon them happened to be, or even how much money they might be offering, but gold was gold no matter what the amount was. If one was desperate enough for it, one would do anything to attain it. "Are you in a guild by any chance?" he ventured to ask. It would be important, for there were usually rules in place in certain guilds that forbade a guild member from working with other guilds unless the other guild was an affiliate. Mercenaries on the other hand were free to do whatever they wanted, not to mention they were the ones that could potentially become new guild members. Chance technically was the leader of his own guild, Wings of Paradise. At the moment, he was the only member, however. There were few he could trust being a renegade and all. The bounty on his head was particularly high, even though the Royal Knights and Mages weren't busting their asses trying to catch him. Despite the story behind his abandonment of the knights, there were still many who cherished him. The Royal Knights could be negligent at times, but even as a man who deserted his position, Chance still helped the people regardless. It wasn't all for the money; the people of Altinor needed him. In turn, Chance needed more members in his guild. The greater Wings of Paradise could become, the more influence he would have, and the better his chances would be at exposing the truth behind Captain Rayne Saffir and her sinister plots.

"Surprise, surprise, Seford," a teasing voice permeated the area around Ellen as the air next to her distorted and started to swirl about as if forming a translucent vortex out of which a tall, elegant woman stepped out. The woman's boots resounded off the cobblestone road as she walked alongside Ellen as if she had been all along. The woman, who was none other than High Scholar Scarlet Auburne, smirked as she matched Ellen's gait with ease, a smirk upon her fair face. Her skin was a rather pale white, her eyes a blazing crimson. Her dirty blonde hair was tied up in twin buns with loose strands falling down here and there, her bangs just barely threatening to obscure her eyes. Her long, maroon robes were plated with polished steel and bordered with a beige lining. Her boots were black, and they had been recently cleaned such that they had a bit of a shine upon them. The high scholar was forced to keep a bit of distance between her and Ellen, for four hefty tomes orbited around her being, suspended innately by her own mana. One tome was a beautiful scarlet--her namesake. Inscribed upon the front were black runes of the ancient language. The other tomes were different colors, one an icy blue, one a verdant green, and the last a deathly black. All had similar runes inscribed upon their covers.

"So Seford, I see you're taking an interest in the White Phoenix," Scarlet said nonchalantly, a surprisingly easygoing aura surrounding her despite the supposedly dire nature of the situation. She kept her sharp eyes focused on the road ahead instead of looking at her subordinate. "You know, the Royal Mages don't have to intervene. I'm sure Captain Saffir and her knights have this under control. Perhaps you're interested in that bounty, hm?" More teasing. Anyone who knew High Scholar Scarlet Auburne knew that there was no mercy when it came to teases and taunts. It was even rumored that Captain Saffir was her favorite target, but no one had been lucky enough to witness such an exchange between the two, at least no one interested in dishing out the details.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:43 pm

"Fresh out, huh?"

Kim abandoned the theater plan rather quickly, mulling his offer over in her mind like a kid might roll around a bit of toffee in their mouth. She hadn't looked at him long enough to see anything but a flash of black and white; her eyes were trained dutifully and almost obsessively to the ground, daring not to leave their newly assigned position. Exotic irises turned green to blue to gold, each hue so pure and so dark that nobody would have been able to tell the color; only that they were deep, colorful, and slightly luminescent. It was thus that would give her away, and thus that she would keep hidden.
That aside, the new position gave her the impression of being incredibly meek and shy.

Without looking up Kim now nodded, her hair falling in curls and waves haphazardly around her face. If this man was strong enough to go questing alone, it may not be a good idea to try and "slip" the scrolls away from him. And she really...really needed the money. Should she slip up there was always Plan B: Operation Lob Nearest Object at Full Force, Take Gold, and Run like Hell. Then also...Somebody questing was bound to have something of a well-known reputation, yes? Tagging along could be good for her own. Another cover, so to speak. Such a nice guy. This was going to turn out even better than she'd expected.

Mulling now over and done with, the girl let out a decisive sigh, eyes still bolted to the ground, fingers twiddling with the pumpkin pendant around her neck.
"I'd be more than willing to share with you, as it turns out. Thanks a bunches."

A smile flew across her lips, one-sided in a clever, inciting sort of way. Kim's gaze meandered over to the nearest wall, avoiding the man with the scrolls with an almost admirable determination. She did in fact look like a very shy, sweet girl at the moment. So, sooo much bullshit....

"If it was necessary though, I'm afraid I'm guild-less".

Her shoulders rolled in a small shrug, feet shifting.

"I guess you could say I'm the new girl in town. I'm just trying to get on my feet".

AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Mood : Snuggly~ Oh so snuggly...

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Ellen groaned in her head upon hearing Scarlet’s voice, though she didn’t allow her facial expression to react at all, besides a slight twinge of disgust. “The White Phoenix is a highly dangerous criminal. He must be captured, and I’m not going to leave it to the knights to mess everything up,” she explained lightly, carefully keeping a bit more of a distance than was necessary from Scarlet. She did not particularly like her superior, but she could tolerate her if need be.
She raised a thin eyebrow upon hearing the word “bounty.” Money, perhaps? While her own living conditions were far from poor, the idea of having more money than was necessary was not a bad one. “What’s the bounty?” she asked, silently cursing the messenger for being so incompetent. She would have to make sure he was punished for that.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:34 pm

The fantastic news hit Chance's ears and he felt himself swell with joy at the prospects of attaining the first person who would join his guild. Deep inside, he got the feeling that there was something off about this "new girl in town," but he had to remind himself that everyone had their secrets and demons, himself included. If she knew he were a renegade, there could be a chance that she'd betray him, or flee. The gold on his head would be tantalizing to anyone. It would be a risk accepting her, but who knows? If he could truly befriend her and establish a bond, then perhaps the bounty wouldn't be worth it to her. Regardless, there was no way that she could find out too soon. Otherwise, there would be problems. "Ah, so you're new to the area?" he questioned rhetorically, readjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose. "It just so happens that I'm the guildmaster of Wings of Paradise. I would be most pleased to have you," he made his offer, not nervous in the least bit. He closed his eyes and gave her a warm, cheerful smile. He wasn't afraid of things like rejection. After all, he had already proven he was capable of running the guild solo, and that wasn't ever going to change.

Outside, Rayne soared through the sky at incredible speeds, riding upon her blue tiger until something peculiar caught her eye. It was her target destination, the Clerk's Office. A hoard of her own knight apprentices were surrounding the place, but no one dared to infiltrate. It might not have been what she wished to see, but that meant the White Phoenix was trapped within. He wasn't going anywhere. The ground trembled and stones were sent flying as Rayne landed fiercely upon the cobblestone road outside of the Clerk's Office causing the whole of the building's foundation to shake. The crowd of knight apprentices grew still and silent. Rayne dismounted, the tiger vanishing in a cloud of mana particles that ascended into the sky where the wind spirited them away. Her armor clanked as she paced slowly towards one of the knight apprentices at the edge of the crowd. The poor fellow gazed into the captain's predatory eyes, his own eyes wide with fear, pupils dilated to the maximum. He coughed as he felt Rayne's hand suddenly shoot for his neck, seizing it in her grasp like a vice. The apprentice's legs wiggled about in the air as he was lifted off the ground so easily--a testament to Rayne's strength. No one said a word against her actions. No one breathed. The wind seemed to be too afraid to blow now for the air became motionless.

"Why has the criminal not been apprehended yet?" Rayne finally asked, her voice so calm that the deadly intent behind it sent shivers running up and down her victim's spine. A mumbled answer was sputtered out of the knight apprentice's mouth, but Rayne tightened her grip suddenly, crushing the man's throat in an instant. She tossed the corpse aside, the body landing upon the street with a thud. A single foot tapped against the pavement in impatience. Rayne's eyes scanned the crowd which seemed to be entirely consumed by fear, and for good reason. Never before had they witnessed such violence from their captain in such a blatant manner. "Can anyone answer my question?" Her powerful voice echoed out over the crowd. Passersby beyond seemed to flee the scene, not wanting to get involved in whatever was happening.

"A mercenary entered before we had a chance to raid the place; she must have wanted to claim the bounty, but we haven't heard sounds of a struggle yet," a knight apprentice stepped forward at long last, trying his best not to let his voice quiver. If no one had said anything, another life would have been lost. "They might be deadlocked at the moment."

Rayne turned her back on the apprentices and walked towards the door, flipping her hair with a solitary hand. "I'll just have to do something about that now, won't I?"

"No faith in the knight fledglings, Seford?" Scarlet said aloud, allowing herself a moderate laugh. "I can't say that I blame you. For Rayne to entrust the apprentices instead of the actual Royal Knights...it seems like such folly. Though I do believe she's taking things into her own hands," the high scholar explained as she strolled along. In the distance, the commotion was evident. There was a large crowd of knight apprentices gathered, and Scarlet thought she could make out Rayne in the midst of them. Citizens were fleeing in all directions, many heading in the direction that her and Seford had come from. "As for the bounty, I'm surprised you don't know." A mischievous smirk formed on her face which was rather typical. Moments of awkward silence passed before she finally opened her mouth again, making it seem before like she wasn't going to divulge the information at all.

"The bounty upon the White Phoenix's head is resting at two million gold at the moment." It had come out in an amused tone which matched the new expression on her face, and she said nothing more. Instead, she decided to continue on in silence to let the impact of the bounty hit her subordinate--to let it sink in regarding how desired the capture of this renegade actually was.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum