Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utopia

+7
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Book the Hero
Creation of Pokerus
Shadoe Mayari
AbsolWings
quackers are yummylicious
Big Uri
11 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Utopia - Page 3 Empty Re: Utopia

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 pm

"Hm hm hm," Russell mused, humming three times quickly as he thought. A cafe would be a bit conspicuous, and he'd lose his job if they were overheard. His office would probably be the safest place, he reckoned, unless anyone came looking for him. "I've got my office in a different building than the precinct, so we'll talk there. If that's alright with you, you'll get whatever clothes you left at the door. You can step into the toilets and ditch the jumpsuit when you get them if you want, I don't care."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Heidi blinked, put rather off-guard by the fact that he was letting her leave the building. "I...uh...okay," she responded, a bit dumbfounded. She wondered where her pocketknife had gotten to after the past three years. Maybe Simon had it... She doubted she would get it back at the door, but one could be hopeful. She did miss it rather dearly.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm

"'Course, you will have to put on a tracker bracelet in case you bounce on me. I'm sure that hadn't even crossed your mind," Russeel explained drily as he led the way to the exit desk. He didn't seem to be remotely threatened by Heidi, carrying on just as he had as he was walking in. He gestured forward to the desk. "Your shit should be ready."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Heidi shrugged, picking up her things as they reached the desk, a t-shirt and jacket, a pair of jeans, a pair of running shoes, and other assorted odds and ends that had been in her pockets. This brought back memories. "Where the hell would I go, anyway? Home?" she chuckled at the thought, walking off to the bathroom, returning a few minutes later in proper clothes.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 pm

"I dunno what's waiting for you there. Maybe you can check if you're co-operative," Russell replied easily, holding out an open bracelet, the lock at the end clearly to make an ordeal to remove. "But we can come back to that, let's get going."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Heidi rolled her eyes, snapping the bracelet onto her left wrist. "That was a joke. Everybody alive and well that I hold dear lives with a government official whom I don't particularly get along with," she explained. How vague was her file, anyway? Honestly, this guy barely even knew what her punishment was.

She ran a hand over her head, wishing she had a hat. It was winter, she vaguely remembered. Winter was cold. Cold did not agree with short hair.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm

"Percy? Yeah, I know him. Didn't figure he'd be the type to report you, but he does report directly to the mayor. You do know what he does, right? He's one of the Flow Response Unit. Got a decent resume when you look at it, but I ain't never trusted the Flow cops," Russell explained, hopping in his car. He evidently knew that Percival was ex-Acer too, but he never considered using him instead of Heidi. He never saw eye to eye with the Response Unit. "Get in, better to get somewhere warm fast."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Clue shook her head as if to clear it, snorting candy smell and running her hand through her hair. So many odd things had been happening lately that she should probably just put it all behind her. Just another weird thing. She was curious, yes, but she didn't even know the start of investigating something of this nature.
Still....
If one more thing happened she didn't think she'd be able to stop herself.

Her stomach growled softly, interrupting her thoughts. Clue blushed even though nobody was around, rubbing her belly, hunger suddenly remembered. Odd stuff would have to wait. She wasn't too far from the marketplace. With a decisive nod she made to turn the last corner, a goofy grin on her face.

The atmosphere grew very awkward when she realized she couldn't. Clue gasped as she moved, her legs moving, her shins moving, but her ankles not wanting to. Still blushing she cast her gaze downwards, upon which she also dropped her jaw.

How the fuck had that even happened.
How the fuck.
How the fucking fuck.

Clue stared and tried to pull her feet out of the sidewalk, but they were held fast by the concrete. The cement was gathered as tightly as possible around her ankles, as if she'd been standing there when the thing had been laid and hadn't moved when it'd hardened. How in the world.....

Clue furrowed her brow, little pink lips going up into a flustered expression. She tried to move again, upon which she realized it really just wasn't going to happen, and then looked around desperatley. Nobody that she could see. And she felt too shy to call out....surely somebody would help her if they rounded the corner and saw a girl cemented into the ground....
The fuck....

"Hnnrrrrrgggghh---"

Clue grunted, flailing and straining again, even though she knew it was to no avail.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Mood : Snuggly~ Oh so snuggly...

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

"And I've never trusted that bastard," Heidi shrugged, stepping into the car as well. She hated the fact that Simon was living with him, but she supposed that it was better than him living on his own. That way he had Elena and Mary, too, although Mary wouldn't be much help.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm

"Percy!" Mary cheered, running from her spot to glomp the man. Simon smiled at both Percya nd Zackary.

"Hey, what happened? I thought it was your day off..." The young man started.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Charmaine, amazed at this spectacle, calmly approached Clue and offered her a hand. Her face was twisted into sweet, innocent smile, as she offered the lady assistance. She giggled as if she was amused by Clue's distress, but helped her nonetheless. "You okay~?" she asked. There was no hint of worry or concern at all in her voice, as it almost sounded as if she was actually teasing her.

Char cursed in her head, but of course, those negative thoughts were quickly replaced. She sounded like she was insulting her, but really, she was just worried. Adeline just didn't want her to feel worried. Yeah, that's why, she thought. Damn Ade.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari
Asian Axolotl Pirate Addlez

Mood : Awesome, as always.

http://shadoemayari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Elena didn't bother getting up from where she was sitting on the couch, as she would rather not see Percival. She wasn't particularly fond of him, he looked too much like Joey, and that reminded her of Erika. Plus, even with his job in the government, he hadn't exactly tried to stop Heidi from being put in jail and having her Flow Nulled.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:14 pm

"Hence why you're here," Russell smoothed over Percival, starting the engine of his car and driving down the mostly empty roads, the drive so smooth it barely made a sound. He cast an eye over his phone as he did, still plugged into his car where he had left it at the crime scene he had perused earlier in the day.

-----

The files were extremely comprehensive, listing everything the government knew about the person, complete with a list of any police officer who had ivestigated the missing contestant. They were arranged from the most recent entry to the oldest, with the first name being Luke Evans, since he had gone missing only three or four years ago. Paul was another notable name in the list, while there were links to the file of those affiliated with Shima because most of them were unaccounted for.

----

Luke, his interest piqued by the use of Flow in his area, left his apartment building, still not shaved or dressed for the day, though he had at least put on a pair of plain blue slippers. He lit a cigarette, his bloodshot eyes squinting as he looked at the girl stuck helplessly in solid concrete.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Clue looked away from the girl as she approached, eyes flitting to her, driven by curiosity, and then away again as social anxiety made her nervous. Only when the girl got close enough did she look, and then only because she was curious and social law had decided it was odd not to look at people. That and...she was in a bit of a fix.

Clue smiled awkwardly, eyes betraying her anxiety as she tried to shuffle her feet and failed. When the girl offered her assistance so that she wouldn't have to, Clue smiled again, accepting the hand gratefully, though she didn't exactly know what was going to happen next. She wasn't annoyed by the girl's tone of voice; in fact, she didn't even pick up on it. If she had, she wouldn't have been offended. Simply grateful all around.

"Thanks..."

Her voice was quiet, like she was afraid the world would damn her if she uttered more than that.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Heidi sighed, glancing out the window of the car. The city hadn't seemed to change much since she'd last seen it, which was partially a relief. That meant she didn't have to find her way around all over again when she got out.

---

Kira sighed as she dropped off Jason at his daycare, looking much older without her son. There seemed to be some commotion from the next street over, so she decided to try and avoid it, not wanting to get caught up in a crowd and be late for work.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Charmaine giggled in response. Why was was that girl acting so weird? She failed to understand that Clue was embarrassed, probably because Adeline wouldn't let her feel that emotion. She was relieved that she wasn't offended by her tone of voice. "No problem~!" she laughed in reply. Gosh, she was so annoyingly cheerful and she knew it.

She felt somewhat safe in Clue's presence, as if she could trust her. Or maybe Adeline was just making her feel like that, but that didn't really cross her mind. "My name is Charmaine! What's yours~?"
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Zackary gave a small wave to Simon, watching as the small girl tackle Percy. She still looked, quite a lot like Erika. Or at least, from Zackary's point of view. "Good afternoon." He said, bowing slightly.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Clue blinked, surprised and slightly shocked that she should ask. For god's sake, she couldn't remember the last time somebody had asked her what her name was. Her lips muttered "Charmaine" once or twice before muttering her own, eyes looking briefly up at Charmaine's face and then back down at her ankles.

"Clue....less Bliss. People call me Clue".

Well, I think they would if I talked to a lot of people.

Clue blushed and wiggled to get out of the sidewalk, but that didn't work either. Upon looking back up she blinked again, seeming just now to realize the girl's age. Why, she couldn't be more than seven or six. A bit of comfort cast over her nervous heart, eyes not so flitty. Most adults found her extremely odd and irresponsible, but kids tended to think she was the best thing ever.

"What're you doing on the street alone?"

She didn't see what the girl would do to help her, and she didn't want to come across as pushy, so she sort of left the situation awkwardly be.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 pm

The further through the database Church looked, the more worried she became. The powers some of these people had, yet they had been allowed to escape detection, some for very long periods of time, too long. Paul Jackson, Luke Evan, Eithne McHale, all potentially massive threats to the entire city but accounted for; but the one that worried her the most was someone else completely: Nathan Stanton.

Well, that wan't entirely true, what worried her the most was his Flow and his personality in combination with one another. The man, then a boy, had escaped in the aftermath of the attack on the Tower during the Acer tournament, very little was none about him beyond that. Just how fuckin' incompetent are the government, letting people like this run around without so much an clue to there whereabouts! She really did despise her own superiors at times.

"Let's see if I can do a little better," she murmured to herself, taking the most reason images of all the unaccounted for Acers and bringing up recent security footage from all over the entire city before running a search on the faces of the missing Acers, seeing if she could a match. Swirling around in her chair as to face one of her other monitors, she decided to look up recent emergency calls and reports, given that her search would take some time seeing as there was a lot of footage to go through. Making sure to pay special attention to the reports filed that had anything to do with the slums or in the general area of them, made she'd get lucky and find someone had someone reported a look alike of one of the missing Acers; that at least would give her somewhere to start in all this.

"I spy with my little eye," That was the question, just what exactly was there to see in all this? Much more than someone else wanted her to see, she was sure of it.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Mood : Done with winning as I have already won~

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 pm

"Hey there!" Percy said with a chuckle as the girl glomped him, bending down a bit to hug her back. "Good morning, Mary."

He then turned to Simon. "I got called in about an incident that happened last night." The look on his face said he would talk to him about it later, when Mary couldn't listen. Murder was not a subject you openly talk about in front of litle kids, anymore.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm

"Clue? That's a nice name!" Charmaine said cheerfully. It was better than the old-fashioned name Adeline gave her. Maybe it would sound better if she didn't know that she was named after someone, an old friend of Ade or something. Maybe it was a cousin, but whatever.

When she was asked why she was alone, she blanked for a couple of seconds before answering. "It's nice to go around the city, isn't it~? And I don't have to worry, since Nanay's protecting me!" Ugh, she hated that word. Adeline had taught her little bits of Tagalog, and told her to always call her "Nanay," which meant mother. Just saying it left a bad taste in her mouth.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Russell noted her sigh silently, not bothering to ask why she was sighing or attempt to placate her. Her mental well-being wasn't yet his concern. The arrived rather quickly at quite a dingy building, about four stories tall and squat compared to some of the government buildings visible only a couple of hundred yards down the road.

"This is it," Russell announced, taking a keyring and opening the rather large door to reveal a spacious first floor, mainly one large room with small rooms shooting off at the edges. It was filled with blackboards, notes and photographs pinned methodically to them. A vinyl player and a large stereo system lay on the far side of the room, next to a trio of couches and a coffee table. A collection of records and CDs lay next to them, with a small kitchen in a tiny room shoved into the far corner.

-----

Luke approached warily, looking at the girl with surprise. On closer inspection, Luke realised that she wasn't as young as he had thought, and was in fact a rather pretty young twenty-something. That surprised him more, as he had accounted her inability to control her Flow to youth. Oh well, there were odd people arriving every day.

"'Scuse me, ma'am, can I help?" he asked politely.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

"Looks more like an apartment than an office," Heidi commented, looking around. "Neat, too. Congrats." She sat down cross legged on a couch, looking over at Russell. "You up for talking yet?"
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm

"Thank you," Russell chuckled, reaching underneath the coffee table and crushing something small and electronic. Then he sat forward, resting his elbows in his knees and clasping his hands. "Now I'm ready. I'm sure you've heard about the string of Acer contestant murders? There was a fifth this morning. I needed an Acer contestant to talk to, and that's why you're here. Will you help me in my investigation?"
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Clue looked around, expecting to see some sort of adult, since she had no idea what Nanya meant. Surely enough she did see somebody. The girl blushed deeper if that was possible, feeling a tad anxious again but not all too much.

"Is that your...Naperson?"
She motioned to Luke with her head, eye flitting to him and away as he approached. It didn't seem like that; he didn't seem to acknowledge her profusely or anything. Instead, when he got close enough, he offered his assitance.

Clue smiled slightly, grateful again but also unsure of what he'd do. Maybe he could get somebody....

"Yeah...help would be good".

She cringed at how awkward she sounded, another blush lighting upon her cheeks. She must look pitiful.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next