Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silent Ones

2 posters

:: Galamion :: Quests

Go down

The Silent Ones Empty The Silent Ones

Post by blackoutEquinox Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 pm

After a quite unexciting journey over the oceans of Galamion, Rashid was finally approaching the Black Market. He had been there several times before and while he detested many of its inhabitants the ranger new this was one of the best places in all of the world to get things that were normally extremely difficult to come. Kiklos snorted and Rashid leaned forward and patted his mount's neck, "We're almost there my friend, not much farther to go." The scales of the dragon felt warm to the touch which felt quite good on a cold night such as this.

The wind rushed by as Carginy, home of the Black Market, came into sight. It was a quaint city, not as beautiful as the cities of his homeland, but Rashid had seen much worse throughout his life. The city was glowing with the fire of lanterns in the night, and he was glad that he would be almost invisible against the dark sky. There were no stables for Kiklos in Carginy so he landed outside of the city in a forested area. Rashid slid out of the saddle and to the ground and stretched his legs as they were stiff from the day's flying. The only sound he or his mount made was from breathing, and even then it took a trained ear to hear them.

Rashid turned and removed the bag of gold from the saddle bag and put it in his satchel before talking to Kiklos. "Go ahead and get hunting. Eat to your content but stay away from the ranches and farms." With a snort of thanks the dragon took off into the night. With that, Rashid turned and began to walk through the forest towards the road into the city. As he approached the gates of Carginy the guards called for him to state his business. He gave a curt reply of, "I'm a traveler." The gates opened up quickly and he was given passage inside. The ranger walked quickly after that and found the tavern he was looking for, the Honey Mead, and walked inside.

The owner looked at Rashid and gave him a nod of approval as the ranger passed by. He flicked a coin of gold onto the counter as he walked through a door at the back and walked down the stair case. There was a sewer grate in the back corner of the basement which Rashid slipped into with ease. He knew that the entrance to the market was not far now so he hastened to get there and get out of the stench of the sewers. The only entrance into the market was a large gate with a viewing slot in the middle. He knocked on the gate and was quickly greeted by the eyes of the gate guard. "What do you want boy?"

"I'm here to buy."

"Buy what?"

"What I need." In order to avoid more useless banter, Rashid pulled out a small bag of silver coins and handed it to the guard through the slot.

The guard quickly counted out the silver and gave a yellow smile. "Welcome to the market." The gate opened silently to reveal to the stalls and people of the Black Market and Rashid walked out of the filth of the sewers and into the filth of the underworld.
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Mood : Drop a knowledge bomb.
Location : Northern Hemisphere of the 3rd planet that orbits a midsize yellow star in the outer portion of a spiral arm of a midsize Spiral Galaxy called the Milky Way

Back to top Go down

The Silent Ones Empty Re: The Silent Ones

Post by Shadoe Mayari Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 am

A strange light illuminated one of the stalls, but then quickly disappeared, followed by the sound of a small explosion. Marcus couldn’t help but smile as he watched his former classmate fumble around with spells and potions. He would offer to help her, but he knew how stubborn Xyriel could be. Plus, the only way she could learn now was through experience, and it won’t do her any good if he did everything for her. He could feel the frightened and angry stares from customers and nearby merchants; thankfully the damage was contained within the stall. It was nothing a little bit of magic can fix.

Marcus turned to the curious crowd and said, with his strong Eshdoan accent, “Move along. Nothing to see here.” He pulled his sword out and began to trace a rune in the air, and soon the wreckage inside the stall began to fix itself.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari
Asian Axolotl Pirate Addlez

Mood : Awesome, as always.

http://shadoemayari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blackoutEquinox Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 am

Rashid had been walking around for about half an hour and had already hired several mercenaries, all of them had the scars to prove they had the experience they claimed. All together, the war band now numbered 23, not including Rashid. He had just closed the deal for another mercenary, this one wielding a large battle axe, when he caught a flash of light out of the corner of his eye which was soon followed by an explosion. Rashid turned to see a man waving people off from a heavily damaged stall. The black half-mask covered most of his facial features. The masked man pulled out a sword and traced a rune with it which was soon followed by the stall to begin repairing itself.

The ranger finished the transaction with the mercenary and told him wear to wait before he walked over to the nearly repaired stall. He could see another person in the stall who was maybe the actual source of the explosion as their face was a little flushed. Rashid summed up the masked man before he talked to him. He looked like he knew how to handle the sword quite well and clearly had a decent grasp of magic. He stood just under Rashid's own height and the blonde hair was a stark contrast to the dark skin.

"Excuse me sir," the ranger began, "My name is Rashid Telcontar and I have an opportunity for you to make quite the sum of gold."
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Location : Northern Hemisphere of the 3rd planet that orbits a midsize yellow star in the outer portion of a spiral arm of a midsize Spiral Galaxy called the Milky Way

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Marcus sheathed his sword and turned to face the ranger. He must have been a foreigner as well, for he didn’t look like a Planayan and he had a strange accent. Or maybe the Faceless side of him was accentuating the stranger’s oddities, which was most likely the case. “…What do ye want?” Marcus asked curiously. He glanced over at Xyriel, who had healed herself and now was tidying up the stall, checking to make sure nothing of importance was broken.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by blackoutEquinox Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 pm

"I am in need of someone with skills like yours. There are some people who have wronged me and my family and now I would like to see them dead. I'll offer you over standard rate for a mercenary right now for you and for your girl there. She doesn't have to fight though and you may do as you wish until the enemy is confronted during which time the girl may hide and you must fight. Half before we start and then half when my mission is over." Rashid stopped talking and took out two bags of gold, one in each hand, and jangled the coins within. "This would the starting half. I don't expect this endeavor to last more than a month or two as my enemies lie just up river near Estrella. Will you join me?"
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm

“Hm.” Marcus stuffed a hand in his pocket and traced a small rune with the thumb of his other hand. He had to make sure that this Rashid guy wasn’t trying to trick him or anything. The Insight spell didn’t reveal much, since the rune he had drawn was too small, but it showed Marcus that the ranger came all the way from Deunti for this, so he must be pretty serious about it.

He was still a bit worried about Xyriel, not because he was afraid that she was going to be attacked-no, she can definitely take care of herself-but because he was afraid that she’ll blow herself up again or something. Even if she stayed out of combat, something was bound to go wrong with her. But then again, it was only going to be for a couple of months and they weren’t really going that far… Plus, they kinda needed the money. Or, at least Xy did.

“Hm. I’ll help you, then,” he said. “Name’s Marcus. Marcus Algar.”
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by blackoutEquinox Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 pm

"Right then, welcome aboard," Rashid said as he tossed the gold at Marcus. Someone good with magic would be great to have along on this mission. He'd definitely come in handy in tough situations; which they would most assuredly encounter. The ranger pulled out a folded up map from his bag, he had bought many of them earlier and had also spent some time marking out a location on each map. As he handed it to Marcus he said, "On this map you'll find a location marked in black, be there tomorrow at midday. You should find an airship there along with myself and the rest of the party."

The mental probing hadn't gone unnoticed though, Unity Guards were trained to know when their minds were being searched through and Rashid had closed off who he really worked for. It would be dangerous information to have floating around and would possibly sour the relations between Deunti and Planaya. He turned and began to walk away to find some more mercenaries and an airship captain. After a few steps he decided to give a clear warning to Marcus by projecting words into his mind. Stay out of my mind.
blackoutEquinox
blackoutEquinox
The Physicist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Marcus chuckled quietly when he received Rashid’s warning. Yeah, yeah, whatever, was his reply. So he could tell. How peculiar.

He headed back to stall and smiled at Xyriel, telling her that he’ll be up in Estrella for a job. He handed her the gold and told her not to go wild with her magic while he was gone. He knew that she was just fine on her own. This was his first visit in almost a month, and, even though he doesn’t exactly approve of her associating with these shady characters of the Black Market, she was in a pretty good position for a former Sage with a forgetfulness curse.

He spent the rest of the day fixing the pillar stone on Xyriel’s staff, which was damaged in the explosion, and getting ready for the next day.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Galamion :: Quests