Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Sonata

+2
Masquerade
CodastertheDisaster
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Blood Sonata - Page 2 Empty Re: Blood Sonata

Post by Book the Hero Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 pm

"What happened in your mind?" Nathan asked, slightly curious about what exactly that meant. He knew that her sudden change had happened two years ago, maybe there was a connection.

"Mind telling me about it?" Nathan asked the girl, as he looked around the lake, ready for a fight at any time. He was actually curious, but that didn't mean he'd drop his guard.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:09 am

It donned on Marya that none of her current friends knew the whole story behind her illness. Most likely they were just familiar with the rumors and such. She didn't like to talk about it much; it made her feel so alienated, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to mention a little bit about it with all that was going on today. "I don't have specifics," Marya was quick to reply bluntly, hesitating only for a few seconds at first. "Otherwise I could write a novel about it because the whole thing encompassed two years. It started with some memory loss and hallucinations. Then, my day life remained unfazed, but at night, I would have vivid and frightening dreams. The images are all blurred together, but I think I was in a different world...with other friends that I may or may not have actually made in real life. And we traveled around facing different hardships. I think...my mom was in it. And some diabolical king with some evil plot...I don't really know. It's all so fuzzy." She paused, and she realized she had been speaking rather quickly. Her blood felt hotter and her heart was pumping faster. She rubbed an arm with one of her hands to try and calm herself down as she kept walking, gazing here and there, trying to keep an eye out for suspicious things.

"It was just generally weird shit. Warped my entire perception," she eventually spoke up again, sucking in some of the cool air. "It's like...in order to survive my psychotic dreams, I had to change. I do remember breaking this one guy's jaw vividly. Nearly knocked it right off of his face. And I remember crushing this guy's skull with a powerful kick. Sick stuff. Stuff I would have never done usually, but I had to. But...none of it was real. Just dream stuff." She let the silence around the lake settle around the duo in order to let Nathan absorb what she had just explained. It was an honest truth. After all, it wasn't like she was saying it was all real--just extremely vivid. She remembered waking up some mornings after a whole night of dreaming, sweating and checking out her body. Looking for blood. Looking for scars. And yet, she never found any. Never.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 am

Alex chuckled lightly at his new nickname. "Werewolf, eh?" he commented idly. Chase was always coming up with weird stuff to say. He smirked briefly once more at Marya before they parted ways, already beginning to feel a headache. Chase was being her usual self, while Sophie got upset and complained about it. If she kept it up, he'd most likely started yelling at the girl himself. He really hoped it didn't come to that, because it'd be more drama than it was worth in the end.
Chase put her headphones in, and he considered making her unplug it so he could talk to her if need be, but decided that it once again would be more trouble than it was worth. He sighed mentally, trying to think of something to say to start a conversation with Sophie. "So, uh..." he began. Why does it always have to be an effort to speak to her... he thought. It wasn't helping his irritability at all.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 pm

"So, uh what?!" Sophie snapped, wondering why Alex was even talking. Freak werewolf boy should keep his weird fang things in his mouth. It was very awkward when you're riding on someone's back and not have anything to say to them. She didn't think that he was feeling any different.

"I don't know why I even came here looking like this. I mean, if I'm going to die I'm not sure why I decided to look like shit today." she complained, despite wearing almost flawless makeup and constantly brushing her hair. Today it fell lightly down her back, bouncing along as Alex walked.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

"Well...I can't honestly say anything for certain, but..." Nathan began, thinking over what she had just said. It explained why and how she changed so drastically two years ago. But he couldn't really think of what it could mean, except that maybe it was an omen, or a sign of things to come.

"It sounds to me that it seemed like the dreams were real to you, while you were having them." Nathan said. "Maybe it was a supernatural occurrence, maybe it was just a dream, but I personally wouldn't just label them as nothing, just yet."
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Alex was about to respond that he was only trying to make conversation, but Sophie had to open her mouth again. His grip on her legs tightened slightly, and his expression soured. "Shut up. If you're going to be such a bitch about it, you can walk. Nothing is forcing me to carry you."
He paused and let it sink in. "I don't give a shit who your father is. I'm not going to listen to your bitching," he added with a huff. He wasn't going to let her anger him any further, so he was going to keep his mouth shut unless he found something. Maybe he'd text Marya in a bit to vent his frustration. Generally, the boy was rather patient and level-headed, but Sophie got under his skin like none other...
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Marya let out a laugh as she put both of her hands on the back of her head and walked along. "Nice insight there, tough guy," she mused jokingly, gazing out directly in front of her as her feet took her onwards through the grass surrounding the lake. It really was a quiet, beautiful day, at least to her. What dastardly creature would destruct the tranquility and snatch them away such that they would be just another statistic--more faces to put all over the news? "You're probably right. Stuff that vivid...you just never know," Marya added more seriously. Thinking on it now, she wished maybe what she dreamed really was nothing. If what she had experienced in her dreams could be a reality, she would be afraid. She didn't need another war to fight. Teenage life was hard enough as it was with schoolwork and status quos and all tons of shit. The last thing they needed was for the stuff of fiction books or video games to leak into reality.

"Gotta say this quiet is unnerving," she spoke up after a few moments, pulling out her cell phone and checking it distantly. There were no new texts. She shrugged and stuffed it back into her pocket. For the moment that she held it to check it, she felt her heart calm down for some reason. "Starting to think there's nothing out here." Marya figured that was for the best, once again. Sure, beating the total shit out of some psycho and landing herself in the news would be unbelievably epic, but something clawed at her innards--the feeling that things just weren't going to be that simple. More thoughts of how the police had yielded no results crossed her mind. Psychology mumbo jumbo or not, wouldn't they have at least found something by now if there was anything? Was it hidden away that well? Or was it hiding in plain sight while everyone searched every nook and cranny for the anomaly?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm

"I don't know..." Nathan said, looking around as they made their way around the lake shore. It was as Marya said, the silence was quite unnerving, and that mad him all the more cautious. He wasn't just going to drop his guard now, cause that's when they'd get you.

"So, how do you think the others are doing?" He asked, trying to change the subject. He was glad he wasn't with Sophie, and her selfish attitude. Just another reason he was glad to have paired up with Marya.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Chase glanced over at Alex, noticing his sour expression. That brat was so annoying, she could probably guess what she said to him to get him all frustrated. She pulled her headphones down and turned the volume down so they weren't blaring in her ears. "Oi, calm down, Wolfy," she said with a grin. "Ya tensin' up."
She moved in front of him and started walking backwards, keeping with his pace. "You should put 'er down, ya know. She's just gonna weigh ya down." She chuckled and placed her hands behind her head. "Let 'er do her own walkin'." Plus, on the occasion during which they might have to fight, he'll have to drop her anyway. Into the lake, hopefully.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari
Asian Axolotl Pirate Addlez

Mood : Awesome, as always.

http://shadoemayari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 pm

[Coolor=#ff5057]"Excuse me?! How DARE you speak to me that way!! You little peasant, keep your fang things in your stupid mouth and keep it closed!!"[/color] she exclaimed, horrified. Sophie had never been spoken to that way before by anyone but Chase. "And don't bring Daddy into this, he's better than you."

Sophie was furious. She wished she had her own pink bedazzled iPod with her to blare in her ears, instead of listening to Chase be a bitch. She gave her the finger and held on tighter to Alex to keep herself from falling.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Alex regarded Chase with a neutral expression, though his eyes plainly showed his annoyance. He sighed, letting his hands drop away from Sophie's legs so that he had his arms free. If she was going to treat him like that, he wasn't going to go out of his way to help her. If she wanted the damn piggyback so bad, she could hold on to him herself.

"Do not speak to me like that again," he said in an icy voice. A calm rage lurked underneath his words. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent a quick message to Marya.

I hate you guys -_-;

He stuffed his phone back in his pocket quickly. He wanted to bring up how her father was only better financially, but he held his tongue, difficult as it was to just let Sophie's comment slide. He silently prayed that he'd find something useful soon. The sooner he could be reunited with Marya the better. He wished that he'd only called up her...It definitely would have been more enjoyable. It'd be like when he first started talking to the girl.
Alex was one of the first, if not the first, friends that Marya made after her whole psychosis ordeal. He thought she was different than most girls, something that definitely pulled him towards her. He was relatively average himself, but he was more shy and reclusive, as well as rather cynical to the vast majority of his peers. Marya was just so...different. He almost instantly became friends with the girl, and his ties were closest to her. He pondered what direction he wanted their relationship to go, but quickly moved on. It didn't take a psychologist to tell you she wasn't particularly interested in romance.

He stumbled over a rock while not paying attention. He quickly jerked back to the real world. He stopped and looked down at it, kicking it to see if there was anything at all out of the ordinary about it. He grumbled something incoherent about it and kept moving. If the rest of the day was going to be like this, he couldn't wait for it to be over...
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Chase couldn't help but laugh at Sophie. How immature. She would probably take her more seriously is she just said it instead of doing some playground gestures. "Ya lucky we ain't in a horror movie. The rich kid's always one of the first to go~"
She glanced around the lake, frowning. God, something interesting happen, already! The monotony mixed with the annoyance that is Sophie isn't the best combination. She was a really impatient person when it came to these kind of things, and she had to something other than walking and searching. She pulled out some of the little stones in her pocket and threw them one by one into the lake, watching how far she could throw them. She wanted something to happen. Something big.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Sophie held on tighter around his neck, putting her legs back up around his waist. She didn't want to fall off now. "Alex, grab on to my legs. I'm having trouble holding on. Alex... Alex... grab on..." she begged, struggling to clamor on to his back. She watched him send his text and frowned. "And you obviously don't hate all of us because you constantly flirt with Marya." she snapped, rolling her eyes.

Alex went silent for several moments, until he tripped on a rock, sending her falling off and rolling down the hill through the coat of leaves the ground wore. She gave ofd a pained groan when she came to a stop at the bottom, and didn't get up.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:23 am

"I'm pretty sure they're doing just fine," Marya replied promptly, closing her eyes as the cool breeze tousled her silvery hair a bit, her overcoat flapping about slightly. Suddenly, her phone went off with a short 'meow meow' tone that was way more cutesy than she really cared for causing a hot blush to form on her cheeks. She kept walking and fished the phone right back out of her pocket, flipping it open to see that she had a new text from Alex. She chuckled a bit, typing away at the keys on the phone to form her reply.

Sorry, Alex. ^ ^; You should have come with me and Nathan. Or we could have sent Nathan off with the other girls. Too late for any of that though, heh heh. =3

She hit the send button and closed her phone, but she kept it in her hand instead of putting it back in her pocket. "Alex is having a hard time with the ladies," she informed Nathan with a slight smile on her face. Marya definitely didn't blame him. Chase wasn't bad, but Sophie could be a huge handful. She had a mouth on her, and a foul attitude sometimes. She expected everyone to cater to her whims, though she knew better than to talk down to Marya in fear of having her jaw knocked clean off her skull which was not beyond Marya's capabilities. An insanity plea would be easy to hold up in court. Enough said. "We should probably hurry up a bit. I mean, we haven't seen anything so far. I'm more afraid of a fight breaking out between them than I am of any psychopath dwelling near the lake that kidnaps teenagers," she stated seriously, picking up her pace a bit while still keeping her brown eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:29 am

Alex remained silent, even when Sophie begged him to grab her legs. He didn't make a move to help her up when she fell, he just turned towards her and regarded her with a cold expression. He crossed his arms, waiting for her to get up. He wasn't going to leave her, but if she didn't get up...

He started walking away slowly, jerking his head forward to tell Chase to leave her. He took a few steps, then turned around once more. "Sophie, get up. You're fine."

Anger was slowly building within Alex; her refusal to get up brought up painful memories. He remembered watching his sister hitting the ground and not getting back up. Sophie was doing the same thing, but she wasn't hurt...

"Get up!" he shouted. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes. Sophie wasn't Sam. There wasn't a truck. Only the ground. No blood... "It's not funny. Get up," he said once more, his voice oddly level.

His fingers traced his cellphone's edge, then trailed over to his knife. "Please..." he said quietly. The details of his sisters accident weren't things most people knew about, but the mental stress on six-year-old Alex still carried on to this day. The only other person that knew anything about it was Marya. He'd told Nathan that he didn't like to talk about it. Chase had only met Sam once or twice, and he doubted Sophie even knew who she was.

He looked at Chase and shrugged, turning on his heel and started walking, his hands clenched into fists and shoved in his pockets. He kept his eyes on the ground as he walked. He just had to put it out of his mind...

CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 am

Nathan chuckled a little when he heard the 'meow meow' ringtone. No matter how many times he heard it, it would always make him smile, especially considering who's phone it was.

He was actually enjoying himself quite a bit. Marya was the one he was closest with, so he had been more then able to do so. He wasn't really excited about meeting up with the others, and thus Sophie, but whatever. They would have to eventually. "Kay, let's get going then."
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Sophie finally groaned again, and sat up. She rubbed the leaves out of her hair, or at least as much of them as she could. There were probably still leftovers. Her wrist was hurting, and so was her ankle. She tried to push herself into a standing position, but it hurt her too much. "Ow! God dammit!" she hissed, falling down on her butt again.

She looked up Alex, who had been screaming at her. "I sprained my ankle I think. And my wrist." she shouted at him. "There's no way I'd be able to get up there.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Chase rolled her eyes and kept walking, ignoring Sophie's cries. "If ya can't handle this kinda shit, then go home!" She was no use to them, her only purpose is to slow them down and annoy the crap out of them. They were better off without her.
Chase sighed and chuckled. She began to hum softly has she picked up several flat rocks and threw them in the lake, watching them skip along the surface of the water. She felt unusually calm; it was probably all this walking. She wanted to run ahead, but she didn't want to go off on her own. She had her cellphone, but still.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Alex kept walking, an expression as blank as his mind on his face. Sophie yelled, then Chase, but the boy took no notice. He suppressed his memories, pushing all his thoughts to the back of his mind. A clear head...
One foot after the other. One foot after the other...
He'd all but forgotten about looking for anything. He just needed to calm down.
And as soon as his episode started, it was over. He'd walked a fair distance from Sophie and Chase. He spun on his heel, marching back over to where his two companions were. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and stared at Sophie coolly. "Up," he stated simply in his icy tone. He wasn't going to help her up until she tried harder. "Get up and I will help you."
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Sophie looked at him with wide eyes. He sounded different. More hard and cold. She tried to push herself up again, this time leaning on a tree to hopefully help. With much effort, she got herself into a somewhat standing position, but there was still the attempt to get walking. She tried walking on the ball of her bad foot, but it hurt like hell, and then another step had her fall again and land on her hands and knees, making her wrist act up again.

Sophie let out a cry of pain before rolling on to her back to get the support off of her wrist. She forced herself to sit up and looked at Alex with pleading eyes. "Please. Help me." she said finally.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:31 pm

The phone didn't go off again. Marya hoped that Alex wasn't too angry about the groups into which they had divided. When Nathan affirmed that they could pick up the pace, she did so, treading a bit faster through the slightly unkempt grass and fallen leaves. Her eyes were mostly focused on the woods surrounding the lake, half-expecting something to dash out from the trees to attack them. The other possibility was that there might be something living in the lake like something out of those Sci-Fi movies. Monster crocodiles, monster snakes, monster sharks. Monster something. Those movies were generally lame and underfunded, but this was reality. You couldn't think something was lame if you were dead. Marya tucked her phone away and rubbed the back of one of her hands, wishing she had brought her fingerless gloves. She didn't know why, but she felt so creeped out all of a sudden. She didn't let it show on her face which remained fierce and determined. It would not do now to show signs of weakness. The desire to kick ass still burned within her almost as hotly as her blood.

.... Marya's thoughts were still for once. She figured it was probably best to stay focused. At this rate, they wouldn't need all day to scope out the place which sucked because that meant she wouldn't have any excuse to put off her homework. There were always video games, but she found herself not-so-easily distracted as she used to be. It was a good thing that was reflected by her fantastic grades. Her social life wasn't as enthralling as it was before the psychosis leading her to jokingly believe that mental illness was the cure for bad grades and procrastination. Her parents didn't like morbid jokes like that, so she usually kept them to herself.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 pm

The boy regarded Sophie coldly for a moment before stepping forward and offering a hand. He wasn't going to say anything else to her. The fact that she tried standing, then asked nicely brought a sense of odd satisfaction to Alex. She never said please. There is a first time for everything, I suppose. he thought.

He pulled the girl to her feet slowly, sliding an arm around her waist to help her stand. "If you'd like to get on my back again, you may." His tone was still cool, though it wasn't near as cold as it had been earlier. His eyes examined her closely, his gaze intense enough to melt through titanium.

As one arm was still free, he quickly reached into his pocket and checked his messages, sending a quick reply to Marya. Don't worry about it. It'll be over soon enough, lol
He stuffed the phone back in his pocket and waited to see what Sophie would do.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Sophie was grateful for the help from Alex, but she didn't trust him enough to get back on his back. Lucky for her, the injuries were both on the same side, and she could put her bad arm around his shoulders and keep it out of further injury. She was leaning on him heavily, and felt she could walk a lot easier with him around. But if they did encounter the psychopath, he was carrying her as they ran. Him or Nathan. Either or.

She didn't thank him. No, a please was sufficient. If he wanted more, she would really have to be desperate. And now that she got what she wanted, she didn't have to say anything more. With a sigh, she settled in to the rhythm of his footsteps to keep herself from falling off again. The last thing any of them needed was an injury, or in her case, another one.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Chase sighed and walked ahead of her little group, scanning the area in front of her. Still nothing interesting or worth keeping. She began to wander away from the group, but then she caught herself and tried to walk at their pace, just a little faster. She payed no mind to Sophie's injury, it was her fault, anyway. If she wasn't such a prissy brat, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. She couldn't understand why Alex was helping her, either. It wasn't his fault, and it's not like her owed her or anything.

She saw something shiny ahead and ran over to pick it up. It was a small shard of glass, and she nearly cut the palm of her hand when she grabbed it. She stuffed it in her back pocket. A sharp of glass saved her life once before, maybe it might come in handy again.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

"You're welcome," Alex said pointedly. At least she said please. That was more than anyone else ever got. Regardless, she still should have thanked him. He was helping even though he didn't have to, nor did he particularly want to. He shrugged it off mentally, paying more attention to the world around him now that he was moving slower.

They'd covered a bit of distance when something caught Alex's eye. He stopped and stared at it for a while. "Does that rock look odd to you?" he asked, pointing at a rock in the lake that was sticking out at a different angle than the others. Most likely it was just that -- a rock that was sticking out differently. But something else drew his attention to it; he felt a slight pull. His fingers twitched as he looked at it, but Sophie seemed to be unperturbed by it, and Chase was still ahead of them, so she obviously didn't even notice it. Maybe I should call Marya... he thought. I'll just wait and see what happens...
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next