Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~

+3
quackers are yummylicious
Book the Hero
EmikoTsune
7 posters

Go down

Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~ Empty Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~

Post by EmikoTsune Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 am

Hm, well, I like school or academy themed urban fantasies (which is really weird considering I hate going to school)... A lot. Most of my RP ideas are something related to schools or academies, whether directly or indirectly so. And recently, I read a lot of manga with characters going to school (or it's a school based story), so that really influences me. Anyways, enough with the getting-of-ideas process explanation. Here's my little plot idea (still very vague but I'm working on developing it):

Students are sent a mysterious invitation to attend a secondary boarding school "for the gifted", in the summer just before their first high school year. The selection of students appears to be quite random; the teens have varying interests, hobbies, school records, IQ, etc. However, they have been invited there for a purpose. They are told that they are gifted- gifted, as in they have magical abilities that set them apart from their counterparts. They must be trained to cope with the idea of being different and to be guided as to how to control themselves.
The class schedules are carefully and painstaking arranged to assist the students and meet their needs as best as possible. Because it is rather small for a boarding school, the number of students is easier to manage, and the classes are small in size (about 10-15 students in one class). They are given very good quality living conditions. They share a spacious. suite-style dorm with another student of the same gender. The food is prepared by a team of well trained chefs, both in culinary arts and nutrition. If they ever need anything that's a basic essential, they can go to the general store right in the campus. Clothes and accessories are provided at a magically modified boutique that sells nearly anything, as long as it's school appropriate. The kids live a sheltered life and are well cared for in the school's relatively peaceful environment.
However, that may change any time, as there are rumors circulating through the school about a war that brews between two factions. Some people believe that the school is training its students as an army, to battle in this rumored war, one among many academies that would do so...

This particular story is obviously too broad and complicated to complete in a single roleplay. I've decided that if there's enough interest, we can retell the roleplay from different points of view, but more important, I believe, is the view of the students as they seem to be pawns in a large scale plan. So that's what we will focus on in the first part~

For this, a modified Basic Character Sheet will be used, since OC development is an awesome thing and you shouldn't have to figure out everything about your character in one shot. Just remove the stuff in parenthesis that describes what I want in each section.

Name: (Self explanatory; first name, middle name if any, last name)
Appearance: (First tell us the basics: eye, hair skin color, height, weight, body type, any notable marks/scars/features, etc. Then describe either an outfit they'd wear or the style of clothing most often seen on them. Remember that this is a school based RP)
Ability: (If they have a specific ability that they were born with, please say so. Otherwise, just fill out "Specialties")
Specialties: (Describe their specialty/interest in study, be it elemental control, ESP, divination, etc)
Personality: (Just 3-5 major/noticeable aspects of their personality, with explanations if needed)
Bio: (Nothing too long winded, you might want to keep some of the character's bio a secret, for plot development. A basic outline of events, time and their effect on the character is good.)

If anyone wants to suggest something, please do so; I like having inspiration from others' ideas and I might consider it if I really feel it will make the plot even better. ;D
EmikoTsune
EmikoTsune

http://www.lexiiie.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~ Empty Re: Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~

Post by Book the Hero Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 am

I'm interested.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~ Empty Re: Dash of urban fantasy anyone? Academy/military-ish style~

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 am

Modern day RS? Count me in. Very Happy
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by EmikoTsune Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

Yay!!! Now, I guess we still need a few more people interested. Cat Smile
EmikoTsune
EmikoTsune

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 am

Haha, it's only been up for two hours, give it a day or so. xD
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by EmikoTsune Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:46 am

Yeah, I know, but when it comes to RPs, I can't wait. XDDD;
EmikoTsune
EmikoTsune

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm in ;P
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm interested. ^_^
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Yeah, why not?
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Sure, I'm gameish.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by EmikoTsune Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:39 am

Whoot! XD
So, I believe it's okay to start an OOC now, right? :'D
EmikoTsune
EmikoTsune

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:43 am

Yeah, go for it~
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by EmikoTsune Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am

Mkay~ XD
EmikoTsune
EmikoTsune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum