Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightfall (Fantasy/Sci-Fi)

+4
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Stabberz
Book the Hero
CodastertheDisaster
8 posters

Go down

Nightfall (Fantasy/Sci-Fi) Empty Nightfall (Fantasy/Sci-Fi)

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 am

so, the first RP I can remember being in was about 6 years ago. It was unnamed, and poorly written (what can be expected of a 10-year-old?)
But anyways, it was an elemental RP, with Post-Apocalypse mixed in. It's my two favorite genres. Anyways, last year, one of the people I RPed with, who happened to be the same age as me, contacted me and wanted to remake it. So we did, but it didn't last long.
I was thinking about it, because it started about this time of year, and I was browsing through some old RPs on another site, and I thought I'd remake it here.
So here goes:

It's the year 2020. Technology is booming. Cancer treatments and cures, cybernetics, androids, computers, vehicles, you name it. Chances are, if you've heard of it before, it's been improved or invented. That's the problem; humans did too much.
In an attempt to discover ways to travel faster through space, to make travel between planets easier and faster, scientists experimented with inter-dimensional prototypes. The objective was to open a wormhole through another dimension that lead to another location, as a sort of 'warp travel'. It was working, and a wormhole was opened.
But it wasn't a wormhole. It was a portal.
Thousands upon thousands of monstrosities poured out. Nonhuman creatures, things that were grotesque and powerful. Demons.
They poured out of the portal in a seemingly endless stream. They tore through the lab, out into the city, and virtually overnight the entire country of Sweden (where the experiments had been taking place) was wiped off the map. Shapeshifter demons learned how to invade boats and airplanes, to carry demonic troops all over the world, and within a month, most of the world had been taken over by the demons.

But it wasn't only demons that were expelled onto Earth.

There was a virus, harmless to humans. Beneficial, even. It made them slightly faster and stronger, smarter, virtually improved in every way. It wasn't enough to make the small amount of humans that contracted it able to stand up to the demons, but it didn't matter, they weren't looking to take back Earth yet.
The humans solely lived in the shells of old cities, barely surviving.
It was this survival that created Them. Women who had contracted the virus, and had children with men whom also contracted it had greatly enhanced children. They had the same attributes as their parents, aside from one thing; elemental powers.
These few children with powers were easily able to kill demons, even at young ages. The small pockets of civilization trained them to be fighters, to take back buildings and cities. They were sent out into the world, to retake their planet from the demonic invaders.

Denver, Colorado. One of the emptiest places of the Apocalypse. Dogtown, it was called. Nothing but dogs and wolves lived here, and occasionally hellhounds (dogs infected with the demonic virus, though not evil. Just bigger, and occasionally sprouting flames or other odd physical characteristics) . The perfect place to start rebuilding. Ten years after the demons invaded, it was empty, save for the dogs and the occasional salvager. Fastforward another few years, and a few small tribes of humans moved in, rebuilding the upper levels of skyscrapers, making them homes and bases to wage war on the demons.
Spread by word of mouth, small tribes of humans would move to the outskirts of the city, trying to rebuild.
Then it came. A greater demon. It was massive, standing at least fifteen feet tall, with giant bat wings, and bloodred skin. It's legs were like that of a goat, and each of it's fingers was tipped with a long, black claw. It's head was filled with razor-sharp teeth, and four tusks protruded from it's mouth. Spikes lined it's spine, following all the way down it's back, ending in a scorpion's tail. It killed the tribes that lived on the outskirts of Dogtown, several hundred dogs, and the leader of the first tribe to move in, before it was even so much as injured. The chieftain's son, Isaac Ahmaht, was one of the elemental children. He used his powers of ice to tear a wing off and send it plummeting. It survived, but fled from Dogtown.
He knew he'd have to round up some people to defend the city, so he set up a radio, and sent an emergency broadcast over all frequencies.

"THIS IS ISAAC AHMAHT. I AM IN DENVER, COLORADO, AND AM REQUESTING HELP. WE WERE ATTACKED BY A GREATER DEMON AND ARE LOOKING FOR AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO HELP DEFEND AND FIGHT. I REPEAT, THIS IS ISAAC AHMAHT..."

All he could do was wait, and hope that the Greater Demon didn't come back.

Yeah, I got a little long winded there. I left out a lot of stuff still, but made it more entertaining to read. Yeah, I know, another Elemental RP from me xD
This one isn't limited to one of any element. I'll let two or three of every element be accepted. This doesn't mean that I expect like 20 people to join, no.
I want at least one of every element, sure, but I'm giving people more room to create multiple characters. It'll take place in Denver/Dogtown, in the year 2037. The elemental children should be no older than seventeen. It wouldn't make sense if they were older.

The elements are here

Fire
Ice
Water
Wind
Lightning
Earth
Light
Dark
Metal

As well as a variant of the elements, which I'll only accept one of,
Beast

Basically, the beast elemental(?) can talk to nearly any animal, bond with them, and bring the creature to near sentience. However, this creates a mental bond that makes the two (or even three or four) beings close at an emotional level. They know each other's feelings and thoughts, and protect one another with their lives. They are all incredibly loyal to each other, and basically inseparable.

So yeah, sorry this is so long, but it's something that I'd like to make happen, for old time's sake.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Nightfall (Fantasy/Sci-Fi) Empty Re: Nightfall (Fantasy/Sci-Fi)

Post by Book the Hero Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 am

...I am so in, it's not even funny.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 am

Already got an idea for a character.
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 am

Same.

I'm thinking of having him ride a Hover-Cycle, if that's ok.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:42 am

In. Gimme dat in.
Only one element per person, or many, or what's going on, that's what I'm wondering.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:09 am

I'm in.
quackers are yummylicious
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 am

Only one Beastmaster, but 2-3 of everything else.
Fuck yeah, hovercycle
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 am

xenophobicAtrophy wrote:Fuck yeah, hovercycle

Indeed. Cool
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm in.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by General Azimuth Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

You better fucking believe I'm in, by the way, dibs for Beast.
General Azimuth
General Azimuth

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Mkay
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

That's about seven people in total...
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm in if you do it.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:43 pm

I'll make the ooc once I finish this essay
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Cool.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Sweetness. Meh
Time to go think up my character.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Oh yes, there's one thing I'd like to add:

As the characters are young, they aren't as experienced as the adult humans, even with training since childhood. Some of them WILL die. That's why I introduced the multiple elemental characters, so you all can have more than one, and have several characters die.
I'm not asking for everyone of you to kill off a character, but I want at least three deaths.
Just keep that in mind.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Okay, it's up.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Note: If you want to join and didn't post here, just go ahead and go to the OOC and post a profile.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum