Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Fantasy) Special

+3
Stabberz
Book the Hero
Big Uri
7 posters

Go down

(Fantasy) Special Empty (Fantasy) Special

Post by Big Uri Mon May 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Special

A Fantasy Roleplay. Brought to you by Stabberz, Big Uri and quackers are yummylicious.

Prelude.

14th April, 1967 1500 hours.

US Research Facility Alpha Oscar 179

My name is Doctor Hans Christiansen. For the past seven years I have been assisting the Americans in their research into human genetics. Since the end of World War II there has been a small outbreak of human beings showing impressive abilities that are solely attributed to the super natural. I have seen it first hand. Members of the species who can produce fire from their hands, lift objects up to five times their size, people who can fly. These abilities do exist and since Project Genesis has begun myself and other like me have worked in close concordance with top American Officials to round up these “Specials” and place them in a single camp hidden deep within the Nevada Desert. The Americans have assured everyone involved that the “Specials” are only here to be studied.

Right now, all I can tell is that these abilities are rooted deep in the genetic make-up of our species. The next level of evolution seems to be slowly coming upon us and personally, I cannot wait to see what else my team and I can unearth about these abilities.

23rd April, 1967 2200 hours.

US Research Facility Alpha Oscar 179

There seems to be unrest in the camp and already there has been verbal confrontation. I am unsure how much longer this can last. Officials had drafted in more guards and the three hundred “Specials” whom we've managed to bring to the camps are now outnumbered by more than three to one. Research has continued however and it is like a steam train. We've been reaching greater and greater knowledge and I an now one hundred percent certain that the powers come from the genetics.

I am having difficulty identifying the exact gene but I have faith that it won't be long now.

2nd June, 1967 1600 hours.

Us Research Facility Alpha Oscar 179

A guard has been found dead. How he was killed we're not sure but it seems the specials are to blame. As I write this, the other scientists and I have been hidden in a bunker. I fear that conflict is unavoidable.

3rd June, 1967 0100 hours.

There is gun fire now. It start at nine o'clock and we can still here it. Fewer and fewer guards are with us now. Instead they have been called to partake in the bloodshed. Explosions have been a constant thing as well. I am scared for my life now. I can only hope that we'll still be alive come sunrise.

3rd June, 1967 0230 hours.

The gunfire is sparse now. All I hear are cries of pain and explosions. A thud... there was just a thud at the door and it's beginning to cave in. I hear voices outside... the guards are getting ready.

What will happen? The “Specials” have revolted... what happens now. They'll run. That is certain. But will they hide? My research has said that the gene is constantly mutating. Their powers will grow. Their numbers will grow. How long will it be before the wider populations becomes aware of them?

A lesson is to be learned from this, so I pray that someone can one day discover this diary and find a way to keep the peace between these two races.

The guns are firing now. I can see lightning cackling.

Heed the warnings in these notes or else genocide is all that lays on the horizon. Unless we can co-exist humans and “Specials” will erase each other.

This is Doctor Hans Christiansen. I hav-----

Joseph Meier closed the file that he had just been reading and looked straight at the man behind the wooden desk. He opened his mouth to speak, but the figure raised a hand to usher silence. The large leather chair swivelled and the man rose up out of his seat and made his way towards the large curtains that stopped the daylight from seeping in.

He seemed to contemplate his actions for a second before throwing them open and surveying the outside world. His hands were clasped behind his back and Joseph slowly rose.

“These “Specials” that the late Doctor Christiansen identified have done as he predicted they did, Mr Meier.” The man said calmly, his tone firm and inspiring. “They have increased in numbers and now could be considered a threat to national security.”

The man was bathed in the light that the window let in and it revealed his suited form. Joseph nodded his head with a look of confusion. “With all due respect, Mr President. Why are you telling me about these people?”

“Because I would like you to co-lead a new operation I am putting forth here in America.” The President responded. “You'll have the jurisdiction to do whatever is necessary and the backing of both myself and the rest of congress. Your team will be hand picked from the best and brightest of our American forces. The CIA, FBI, Special Forces and NCIS will all be at the disposal of both yourself and your partner.” The President folded his arms as he looked at Joseph.

“Partner...?” Joseph responded. This drew a nod from the President who motioned to another file on the desk in front of Joseph. Written on the file was a name. Christopher Harding. The name carried a legacy with it. A renowned soldier and former sniper who had more kills to his name than any other known American. The man was a monster tactician and a brutal fighter.

“You'll have the financial backing of Lionsgate industries who have employed the best brains in the world to help finish Doctor Christiansen's research.” The President continued, his tone deadly serious. “The goal is to capture them. However if they resist, you and your men have permission to kill.”

Joseph nodded and tucked the files into his jacket. “When do I start?”

The President turned to look out of the window again his eyes showing a man who was beginning to become affected by stress. “A private jet will take you to base where you'll begin. I expect mobilisation of Order 33 within the month.”

Exactly a month later, eighty percent of “Specials” were captured by the government and placed on a single massive plane in the middle of the night. The other twenty percent managed to escape and enter hiding.

However something went wrong with the plane. One of the “Specials” on board had an ability that let him control machinery. He brought the plane crashing down before they could be transported to the island prison that had been singled out as the best place to hide them.

From there they escaped and in a battle, wounds were dealt and both sides suffered losses.

This was six months ago, the battles have all been kept out of the world's media and America had turned into a battleground between “Specials” and the the Government.

Amidst these conflicts a small group of “Specials” banded together and became known as the Insurgents. These “Specials” were the ones who weren't trying to get on with normal life. They went around the country trying to recruit other “Specials” killing those who refused because they believed that anyone who wasn't with them could later be used by the Government against them. Their numbers are still small but they were powerful and quickly amassing a following out of not just fear but the common goal to protect themselves.

Abilities.

These abilities can stretch from anything in the imagination. Control of the elements, defying the laws of physics, anything that you can think of. If you can imagine it, it can be an ability. Whether you want to use the more conventional abilities or make up some of your own the choice is yours. However having a character who can absorb other abilities or have too many abilities isn't going to be allowed by anyone other than admin's as these abilities will eventually play a part in the plot. Plus due to their chances of being game breaker's it isn't best to have them running around. But other than that, your creativity is the limit. It's also important to remember that the Specials have greatly enhanced physical abilities. I'm talking like Final Fantasy-esque abilities, maybe a little less.

Your Part.

You are either a human who is part of Order 33, or a “Special in the Insurgents or a “Special” who is trying get by in life but ultimately gets dragged into the conflict. As time progresses, you'll become a major part of what happens. Multiple characters are allowed, and characters can jump in at any time.

Character Sheet.

Name: What is your character called?
Age: Can be any age, try to keep it realistic to your character.
Appearance: What does their character look like.
Personality: A paragraph. It isn't hard.
Background: Their history, what drives them to do what they do. Doesn't have to be massive, only about a paragraph.
Ability/Weapon: Which of these two it is all depends on whether your character is a “Special” or not. I'll only allow weapons for “Specials” if it is justified.
Other: Anything else?
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

(Fantasy) Special Empty Re: (Fantasy) Special

Post by Book the Hero Mon May 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm in.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Naturally I'm in.
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Already have an idea for a character.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Gah, I haven't even thought up a character yet...

I hate writing bios. TT-TT
quackers are yummylicious
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Mon May 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Interest.
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari
Asian Axolotl Pirate Addlez
Asian Axolotl Pirate Addlez

Mood : Awesome, as always.

http://shadoemayari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu May 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Interest known for when I return.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu May 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey...In what year does this take place?
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Thu May 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu May 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Ah.

So Specials have been around for about 37 years.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Thu May 10, 2012 6:56 pm

No, they've been around since the 1500's. The government only started noticing them in the 60's.
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu May 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Really? Whoa.

Can't wait to get started.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down