Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equivalence (An AbsolxMasq RP)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Equivalence (An AbsolxMasq RP) Empty Equivalence (An AbsolxMasq RP)

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:55 pm

To the faint of heart....don't let it falter. When the vines of despair endeavor to crush that with which you love, always fight back.

~ Equivalence ~

In the northern part of Valresch rested a beautiful evergreen forest that rested just south of a small expanse of tundra. All year round, the forest was filled with energy and life, but it was also plagued with one of the foulest diseases in existence. A small town rested in a large clearing amidst the trees, the houses all made of logs and topped with straw-thatched roofs, some possessing brick chimneys that listlessly poured smoke into the air that drifted high up beyond the treetops to meet the gray clouds above. The town was called Embrace, a name that originated from the founder of the town who described it as being 'embraced by the trees.' Winter was soon to set upon the town, and things were already growing cold with the sky threatening to dump its first snow upon the area. Food and firewood would become necessities for the townspeople, and the men and some of the women of the village set about stockpiling before things became too harsh. The only thing about living so far north was that the winters were relentless. If there was even one snowstorm, there was devastation and most likely death as a result. Having to deal with the weather along with the disease leaves the people in a fragile state year after year, and this year would be their hardest yet, for in one of the log cabins rested a young woman by the name of Erin Alraune. She was a proud herbalist whose treatments helped get people through the winter for a long time. However, this year, she found herself bedridden because of the disease that ruthlessly stole the lives of so many people in Embrace--the Faltering Heart Syndrome. FHS was a disease that had no cure and claimed 100% of the victims that had contracted it. There were absolutely no survivors. A victim would one day collapse due to extreme exhaustion and become bedridden, after which a persistent cough would arise. The final phase of the disease involved black markings that were very reminiscent of vines crawling up the victim's extremities until they reached the heart where the tips of the vines seemed to wrap themselves in a large knot. At that point, the victim would most likely die the next day, or the day after at the latest.

Lying in bed in her room within her family's cabin, Erin weakly gazed up at the ceiling, a sweat upon her brow. Every few moments she had to let out a horrible string of coughing which left her gasping for air afterwards. In the kitchen stood a young man in a tight-fitting gray shirt with black pants. He brushed a bit of his silver hair from his eyes as he worked as fast as he could to fix some hot herbal tea for the sick girl in the next room. He was Erin's best friend, Vincent Raines. He had probably been more devastated than her parents when she contracted FHS. Everyday he came to her cabin to tend to her. Of course, her parents helped as well. It was a joint effort, but they knew in the end, she would die. Vincent wore a dour expression as he listened to the kettle whistle. He prepared the tea and quickly walked the cup over to Erin's room, helping her sit up so she could drink it.

"Here...you need to drink this. It should help you get some sleep," Vincent said softly, though his voice was typically quiet. He was never one to speak too loudly unless something really got him riled up.

Erin took the cup graciously and sipped it. Her throat was so sore, her voice hoarse. The tea helped sooth it a bit, but she knew she would have another coughing fit in a minute or two. It had become so commonplace. "Thank you...Vin..." she wheezed, feeling awfully short on breath. She let him take the cup from her and she grabbed his arm. "Vin...you can't...let this keep...going on...like this."

"What are we talking about? We're going to keep taking care of you...," he uttered, trying to sound reassuring, but his efforts weren't cutting it causing Erin to laugh which progressed into another coughing fit. "S-sorry."

"You'll keep...taking care of...me until...I..." she panted, taking a moment to get some more coughing out. "Die."

Vincent's arm began to tremble and he tried to pull away, but Erin must have been summoning as much strength as she could to hold him there. He didn't put any extra effort in getting away. He could have, but that would have just been bad for Erin's condition.

"You need....to do...it."

"D-do what? I don't know what you're talking about."

"Put me out.........of my misery." Erin blinked a few tears out of her eyes before unleashing a torrent of coughs once again. She relinquished her grip on her friend and he stood up immediately, walking over to the wooden bureau and snatching his traveling cloak from atop it, swinging it over his body and fastening it. "Where....where are you....going?" she said as he stopped in the doorway.

"To the witch of Autumn's Trace." His voice couldn't have been more serious than it was. The very words seemed to suck all the air out of the room leaving nothing but a veil of silence and tension in their wake. Coughing broke the effect, but Vincent still remained in the doorway.

"Don't........please..............." Erin's weak voice called out to him, but the tea was starting to help her finally get to sleep. She wanted to call out to him some more, but her weary mind and body refused to let her. The last image she saw was that of her friend about to brave the dangers of the world in order to save her.

But at what cost?

Vincent was lucky that the Rustic Forest which housed Autumn's Trace happened to be located not too far to the east of his own home forest. He packed enough supplies to last him a round-trip and set out on his little journey across what was known as the Winterlands--a large northern plain that was often perpetually covered in snow in the winter. It separated Embrace Forest and Rustic Forest, and it was once again to Vincent's luck that monsters tended not to inhabit such an open space. The young man successfully made his away through the Winterlands without coming across any trouble and found himself standing before the beautiful Rustic Forest, named so for the deciduous which seemed to be in an eternal autumnal state with leaves being red, orange, yellow, and brown in color all year round. Considering that it was autumn at the present time, it looked normal, but it would not change come winter, spring, or even summer. Preparing himself, Vincent walked into the woods and it didn't take him long to chance upon the immensely small village of Autumn's Trace. Only a few houses had been carved out of the trees, and one large, log cabin stood off to the side which was where the witch resided. A few of the women of the village were out tending to the gardens, watering the plants and such. They spied him from afar and whispered amongst themselves, but did not go to greet him. He walked quickly up to the large cabin and right up the steps to the front door. He knocked upon it a few times and waited, his breathing growing rather ragged from the walk and from nerves. How on earth was he going to handle this?

The front door opened suddenly revealing a beautiful woman in a long, silky, violet dress. With every movement she made, the dress seemed to shimmer slightly which portrayed the image of a bird taking flight upon it. It was quite the illusion. Whoever made the dress had to have been skilled at both thread and magic. The woman's light purple eyes bore into Vincent causing him to stagger backwards. The woman's long, raven black hair seemed unfazed by the gentle breeze that blew through the village. Her skin was an artificial white, as if she were wearing make up, and her black eyeliner and shadow seemed to accentuate the vivid hue of her eyes. She folded her arms over her chest and continued to gaze at the young man who was nearly trembling on her front porch.

"Is there something I can help you with?" the woman practically sang, her voice so smooth and flawless like clean, flowing water. The very sound it unleashed seemed to cause the air to waver in front of her.

Vincent was speechless. Just answer her question..., he thought and took a deep breath. "I've....I've come for a favor," he said, his voice obviously quacking from anxiety and quite low in volume as well.

"Oho, a customer is it? And what is this favor of yours exactly?" the woman, who was definitely the witch, retorted, an amused smile creeping upon her beautiful face.

"I...I w-want you to get rid of the disease that's killing my friend..."

"Oh really now? Do you know which disease it is?"

"Faltering Heart Syndrome."

A wicked gleam seemed to flash across the witch's eyes, but only for a fleeting moment. Her smile did not fade at the news. If anything, she seemed even more pleased. "You are aware there are costs to my favors, yes?" the woman said, her voice serious even if her expression was anything but.

"Of course," Vincent affirmed, his nerves starting to finally calmed down. It seemed like the woman was really going to do it, but in the depths of his mind, he wondered what the cost would be.

"Good. Faltering Heart would kill your friend; as it stands, he or she has a death sentence. So, in exchange from freeing her from the grasp of death, you will take her place. A life for a life. You are to come far away with me to a different land and you will serve me until I decide to kill you. It could be soon, or it may be way later on. It all depends," the witch explained with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. "That is your cost and it is non-negotiable. Do you accept these terms?"

Vincent thought intently. The answer was obvious. He had to hand his life over to the witch so that Erin would be allowed to live the rest of her life. "I accept," he said, trying not to sound defeated. He was doing this voluntarily after all.

"Excellent. Go back to your town and bring your friend back here." The witch waved a hand through the air causing a violet mist to surround him before fading away. "I have placed a ward over you that will protect you from harm. The first person you touch will receive the gift as well, so be careful. You should be able to travel back to the town safely and retrieve your friend, and then safely return here as well. Now, go," the witch directed, waving a hand towards the forest indicating that he should hurry.

And hurry he did. He ran through the Rustic Forest and back across the Winterlands, stopping to make camp when needed, before eventually making it all the way back to Embrace. The witch's ward worked wonders, it seemed. Vincent walked into Erin's house and explained everything that was to happen to her parents. They were quick to try and stop him, but he told them the deal had already been made. If it was too late, then he might as well get Erin back to health. With that, they allowed him to take the unconscious girl. Out into the night he went carrying his friend in his arms as he ran. Time seemed to slow down around him as he continued onward. He could hear the wicked laughter of the witch in his mind and knew that this was her doing. She really did possess extraordinary power. In time, he made it into the Rustic Forest and all the way to the witch's cabin in Autumn's Trace. Looking into the starry skies, he saw the moon was almost in the same place it was when he had left Embrace.

"Unbelievable...." he muttered in awe while placing Erin gently down on the top step before approaching the door, raising his fist to knock on it only to have it fly open before he had the chance. Standing before him was the witch wearing another long silky dress that was light green in color with dark green tree silhouettes at the bottom that seemed to sway as if being caressed by a gentle breeze, even when the witch was standing still.

"I see you brought her in such a timely manner," the witch cooed, brushing him aside before walking up to Erin. She seemed peaceful enough now, and that was due to her magic. "But that won't last forever. Let us get down to business," she stated firmly before holding her palm high above the girl. A bright green light appeared in the witch's hand and suddenly, a torrent of black vines surged out of Erin's body, flowing into the green light. As more and more of the darkness flowed into it, the light began to become corrupted and instead of being free and flowing, it solidified. The witch yanked her hand away and held the solid black sphere in her hand, thrusting it into Vincent's grasp. "The deed is done. You're coming with me." With that, she snapped her fingers and she along with Vincent, and everything in the cabin that belonged to the witch just up and disappeared as if no one had ever been there leaving Erin to sleep peacefully and in perfect health on the top step.

The next day came and Erin opened her eyes, blinking as she took in her surroundings. What was she doing at this cabin? What was she doing outside?! She was so sick, or....wait. The girl took in a deep breath of air, the smell of the forest filling her lungs easily. She wasn't tired at all. Standing up suddenly, she looked around again. No coughing fits. Gazing down at her arms, she realized there were no more black markings. The disease was gone! She wasn't going to die! An overwhelming feeling took hold of her and she smiled, but that was before realizing the last thing she saw before falling asleep that one night was...

"Vincent." Erin looked around in a panic. The trees....they weren't evergreens. This was Rustic Forest. The homes...and the female villagers. She could have only been in one place, and that was Autumn's Trace. Vincent had truly come to the witch for help, and help Erin she had. However, there was no sign of the witch anymore. Erin walked up to the cabin door and tried to open it, glad to see that it wasn't locked. The inside was empty. There was no sign of the witch, and what was worse was that there was no sign of Vincent. Erin made her way out of the cabin and into the village where the other women made their homes in the trees. Speaking with a few, she learned the story of what had happened. The witch had moved to some unknown location and taken Vincent with her as the cost of his favor. Once overwhelmed by joy, Erin now felt herself crumpling under the weight of despair. She forced herself back to the cabin where the witch once stayed and sat upon the top step. She cried. The tears burst out of her eyes like water from a broken dam. Her anguished sobs resounded throughout the village, and the maidens living there lamented as well. Even nature seemed to weep for her, sharing in her sorrows. And what made everything worse was that there was nothing she could do. She would never see Vincent again, and that was that. The day past, and then another. She ate nor drank, but merely sat there on the steps, gazing out into the forest vacantly.

"Miss, you need to eat something. Here," one of the villagers approached Erin the next day and gave her fresh fruit to eat and milk to drink. She watched as Erin accepted the gifts, but her eyes were so listless and dead. She may as well have been stuck with the disease.

More days went by as the villagers took care of Erin. Some offered her a home to sleep in, but she passed. Others tried to get her to leave and move on, but she wasn't falling for that either. She felt miserable. Vincent could have been anywhere in the world right now, or worse, dead. It was all her fault. It seemed as though a couple of weeks had passed, and she began walking around. The villagers offered to help her bathe, but she said she could do it herself as long as they provided toiletries and a place to do so. She was managing to stay active and eating amounts that she should be eating every day instead of starving herself. Still, her primary spot was right there on the top step of the witch's old cabin. It was there she stayed until one day, she heard rumors that two beings had entered the forest in search of the which.

Erin decided that if the villagers didn't tell the beings to go away, then she would do it herself. She awaited on her step, keeping an eye out for strangers in the case that they should make it to the cabin.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Equivalence (An AbsolxMasq RP) Empty Re: Equivalence (An AbsolxMasq RP)

Post by AbsolWings Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 pm

It was one of my weakest moments. I'd never felt so naked and vulnerable, but I was so frail at the moment that I didn't even care. The cold of that winter began slowly running it's hands over my body, reaching easily through my clammy blued skin as if to grab my spine, and stroke my blood. My veins were freezing, I think. Once I made the mistake of forcing my gaze downwards, trying to move and keep myself warm, however painful.

Black. My toes were turning black. I closed my eyes, trying to focus on the numbness of my body instead. I was going to die out there, I'm pretty sure. I had stopped shivering. The newspaper above me-...can I even say above me? The news was practically part of me now, soaked and almost as freezing as the ice below from the rain. Streaks of black ink ran down my skin in black raindrops. I tried to move, and found out that I couldn't.
It was like that for a while, actually. Then...finally...

Relief. The rain turned warm. The ice turned warm. Warmth rushed over my sluggish mind, and warmth blasted through my lungs. Suddenly it was pretty easy to fall asleep. I think I knew somewhere that I wouldn't be waking back up, but it was better than staying awake.
Seven years. Seven years of life and I was going to freeze to death.

Then he came.
The serenade. At least, I call him The Serenade. Who names their child after a noun? They were asking for it. Poor Seron. Anywho...

Sometimes I wonder if I'm like a pet to him. He found me like one finds a puppy or a kitten, shivering out in the cold underneath a newspaper. I had just closed my eyes; had just been about to slip away into blissful peace. All of a sudden the pain and cold came roaring back. My eyes snapped open wide, but they were only half-lidded in appearance. The ice had claimed them too.

The pain was unbearable. I think I threw up when the moving came, but everything was spinning too quickly for me to be sure. In short, the worst feeling of my life. Then I did fall asleep.
But I woke up. On a bed, to be exact. A kid who could only be a year older than I lay next to me there, on his side, childish eyes peering at me expectantly. He didn't seem at all worried; his eyes were dancing through long lashes, and a bit of a self-assured smirk play across his lips. All in all it was an odd sight to wake up to. I got scared. I'm pretty sure I slapped him and then slipped back into sleep.

Eon stopped writing abruptly, cursing under her breath and dropping the pen quickly. Gahd that hurt. It'd been a while since she'd written so quickly.
A few leaves fell from above, crisp and colored by fall. Whilst stuffing her notebook into her pocket Eon watched them, midnight blue gaze following them through the air until the point where they joined their brethren on the leaf-littered forest floor.

"What're you scribbling?"

Seron blinked sleepily, and it almost seemed as if the absence of scrawling noises in the background had been what had woken him up.

Eon simply shot him a bit of a cold stare, turning away to hide the blush on her cheeks, and started to re-read what she'd "scribbled". Seron fell back asleep.

It wasn't like her to recall that event that'd taken place 10 years ago. There were new things going on now, and honestly she shouldn't be holding onto something so ancient like that. Maybe it was because of the dreams she'd been having lately. Reliving the scene every night for two weeks now.
It was just that. Only that.

Sleep tugged on her eyelids, the moon and darkness not helping her efforts to stay awake. They'd be inside of the town by tomorrow. To the witch. She was going to get her family back.
Seron had insisted that they take a night to rest right outside of the village, as if the people that lived there wouldn't notice two sleeping bodies right in the entrance to the place. Rather dimwitted if she did say so herself, but he claimed that stealth wasn't what he was aiming for.

Ah, well.

In the morning....

Eon thought something a bit too jumbled for her to even understand and then sighed as her mind slipped into sleep.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Mood : Snuggly~ Oh so snuggly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:13 pm

The sun had risen on a new day, and the women of Autumn's Trace were whispering amongst themselves in regards to the people resting just outside the village entrance. Words were scattered about how they looked familiar, but no one could tell for sure. They had come for the witch; that was what the denizens had decided, but they would definitely be disappointed to hear that the witch was gone to a location unknown. Such sadness they would feel after not being able to have their wishes granted, though looking back at the last wish that was made and the tragic results, perhaps this was for the best. This woman's story would become part of Autumn Trace's lore in due time. At night, the women could hear their gardens crying in the moonlight for this girl. The girl had such a high affinity with nature. It had been observed that she could make plants grow and bend them to her will. With such a power, she would be very welcomed to stay in Autumn's Trace forever in fact. However, the women knew that there was only thing this girl wanted and that was to be reunited with the best friend she ever had.

The girl, Erin, sat atop the step of the witch's old cabin just like she did every day. She had woken up earlier today, for the trees told her that the people that entered the forest before had made it to the entrance of the immensely small village. A bit unnerved, she had accepted a strong cup of herbal tea from one of the village women. Erin had become surprised that they were catering to her so much. They were free-spirited and strong, these women. Only nature could rule them. They talked to her more and more the longer she stayed. Erin had even helped them out in the gardens and attended small rituals in an effort to speed up plant growth in the area and keep the plants strong against the cold. Even through her tragic feelings, she was finally beginning to feel like she was somewhat imposing on them, despite the fact that they seemed to enjoy her company. Erin sighed and took a sip of her tea.

"I wonder when they'll finally wake up and come here," Erin said to herself as she set her teacup down on the step beside her. She knew the women of the village would not deign to greet or even speak to them. In the end, she would have to be the one to tell them that their wishes could not be granted. Would it be another pair of friends with one dying and the other wishing to prevent that death? She would never let anyone experience the pain of the situation she was in now. Never. If that were the case, she could turn them away with ease, and if she could do that...she was strong. This was something that had to be done. It was her condition that wound up causing the witch to depart, so the responsibility fell upon her shoulders.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:05 am

For the first time in ten years Eon was awake before Seron. The girl sputtered, wiping the fallen leaves off of her face almost as unconsciously as she shooed a small snake off of her stomach. Two words fluttered teasingly through her head.

The Witch...

Those were the same two words that she'd heard in her sleep all night, and the same two that had screamed at her upon waking up. The Witch of Autumn's trace. For a week now she and Sero had been looking for the damned town; nothing was going to get in her way. Nothing.

I'm coming Amelia...

Without consent Eon's nimble fingers soon found themselves wrapped around the beret she wore, pushing it feverishly against her heart. It was all she could do not to absorb it; but she kept at the pushing, as if pushing hard enough would bring the beret's first owner back. And pushing hard enough would bring Amelia back, right? Just a different type of pushing.

"Eyo! Eyo!"
She could practically hear her now. The day after she'd lost her first tooth, and she hadn't been able to say "Eon" properly. Of course, it wasn't like she'd ever mean able to pronounce the letter 'n'. Such a trivial memory....it made her want to-

"Sleep well?"

Seron sat up, stretching and yawning even though he was hardly tired. Per usual he'd laid out everything the night before, and so, unlike his friend, there was no real need to 'get ready'. Heck, even his rope dart was coiled around his shoulder. However, today was different.
Eon was already wide awake; Seron's hidden fiery gaze watched her with a bit of unreserved worry, following the pacing girl back and forth before speaking again.

"Somebody got ready pretty quickly, eh?!"

He yawned again; Nana had said it helped getting blood and oxygen to the mind; and sprung up, stretching. Not once did his eyes leave Eon. She was looking down at herself now, as if she hardly remembered having ever equipped herself, gotten dressed, or even eaten that apple who's core was now at her feet. Upon looking at the apple she seemed even more confused. A straying hand patted her stomach.
She didn't answer.

Ah, well. Nothing new. You'd think she would have opened up over the past ten years though....

Maybe...she was probably simply worried. Worried and angry and extremely anxious he supposed; the Witch had stripped the introverted girl of just about everything that meant anything to her. She had a right to be anxious.

"If you wind yourself up too much you'll sink into the ground again".

This earned him a rather chilling glare.

"You know it".

"Come on".

Without another word Eon placed the beret back atop her head, turned heel, and strode into the village with what had to be the most intimidating gait since Death walked the earth. Seron had to grab his guitar and jog after her while trying to strap it to his back. Eon either didn't notice (which wasn't likely) or didn't care (which was most likely). There was only one word on her mind now, and it wasn't even "witch". It was "Amelia".
That drove her more than anything.

Everything was nearly a blur as she passed, trance almost tunneling her vision. She didn't notice the amber light filtering through the gentle falll trees, like Seron did. Those trees were only enemies of hers now; reminders of what'd happened. She didn't notice the women scattered around either, though she'd actually rather liked the women before; they didn't talk. She didn't even notice that at one point she'd (evoking a yelp from Seron) fazed into the ground, coming up directly in front of the steps where a girl seemed to be sitting. Where the witch lived. Actually, she barely noticed the girl.

"Witch?"

AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 am

The trees whispered more loudly now, yet the women of the village tended their gardens and paid no heed to the people who had finally decided to breach the entrance. It would always be like that. No one came to Autumn's Trace except to seek the witch. Erin, sitting on the step, just smiled at the trees with their twilight leaves, dancing in the crisp morning breeze. It was quite refreshing. Eventually, the two came into sight, just as the surrounding nature had told her--a young man and woman, probably around the same age as her it seemed from just appearance. Erin's eyes sharpened instantly and her hand went to a vial full of a dark purple, almost black liquid in one of her satchels. The girl had somehow disappeared into the ground. Thankfully, she reappeared in front of the steps just asking the question that Erin knew was coming.

"I am afraid I'm no witch," Erin said firmly. "I'm just an herbalist from Embrace. If you're looking for the witch, you're too little too late. She's long gone," she explained, pointing a thumb to the obviously vacated cabin. Erin reached for her teacup and took another sip of the powerful liquid inside before putting it back down. "And I'm afraid that would be my fault. I'm sorry you can't have your wish granted. You see, before all of this, I was dying...because of Faltering Heart Syndrome. My friend, Vincent...I asked him to kill me, but instead he came here to the witch and wound up offering his life up for mine. The witch cured my disease, but she wound up taking Vincent off to only the gods know where..." her voice trailed off sadly. The memories were so fresh. Even though a couple of weeks had passed, she could still feel the mountain of anguish that had fallen upon her when the women of Autumn's Trace told her what had happened. "I do hope you weren't here to wish for something terribly important, were you?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:58 am

"The fuck...you...agh..."

Eon took in a sharp breath, trying to keep the ground from spinning to violently out from under her. Gone? The witch was...Gone.

"Save story-time for the kids please...." she groaned, butting into the middle of Erin's small speech quite rudely. If she'd been able to make a sound above a whisper she would have, but that required more breath than her spazzing lungs were allowing her.
Ringing echoed throughout her head as she clutched the bangs of the snowy white hair that framed her face, cheeks turning a crimson red.

Gone. The Witch was gone. She was...gone.
Amelia...

The same thought that had only a few seconds ago been spurring her on now felt like a crushing weight. Forcefully pushing her way past the girl on the steps, Eon hurled herself straight through the closed door of the cabin, locking it behind her. If anybody saw her crying, she'd rip their eyes out and feed them to the birds.

"She's gone....shoot..."

Seron jogged up to the steps of the cabin a mere second before Eon disappeared through the door. The reaction from his travel buddy was all too clear. He too pushed past Erin without giving her so much as a first glance, let alone a second one. The click of a door locking echoed across the front steps.
The disheveled man pulled on the doorknob, dirty blonde and green colors only catching his eye after he realized that it was impossible to catch Eon if she wanted to be alone. One of the few things he'd admit to not being able to accomplish.

"Ohai".

Serenade Norcal blinked at the girl on the steps in slight shock, hanging partially off of the doorknob with one hand and running the other through a tangled mess of brown hair. How had he not noticed an entire person on the steps? Hopefully he hadn't stepped on her. He had a tendency to do that.
Fiery gold eyes spared a worried, sidelong glance at the cabin again before lighting back upon the chic in the dress.

"I know this is prolly really narrow-minded and all, but, uh...would you know where the witch went?"
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Erin was swift to pick up her tea and scoot to the side as the distraught girl pushed past her and into the cabin itself, though it seemed she wasn't looking for evidence that Erin was telling the truth. The male who had been accompanying her chased her up the stairs, but it seemed the girl had locked herself inside the cabin. She would have been angered by such rudeness, but she knew it. Their wish had been that important. They didn't even have to mention it. From that reaction, it was obvious. It seemed as though the fellow, at a loss as to what to do, finally greeted her. Erin tried her best not to seem stiff despite their flagrant behavior and stood up, shaking her head.

"I don't know where she is. If I did, I'd be pursuing her right now, and you guys would be lost," Erin explained flatly, her plan of trying to sound civil despite the couple's actions failing somewhat. After all, she was about as miserable as they were....or at least she had been. She had time to get her emotions under control. They were just let down now. Erin sighed. "If your wish is that important, you could just hunt her down yourself. She's somewhere in this country; I have a feeling. However, if you do, you have to take me with you. I have some...unfinished business with the witch. Obviously." Chasing down the witch on her own was a horrible idea. She had thought about it before, but quickly dismissed it. There was no way she could take on such a powerful woman on her own. But it seemed the other two wanted a wish. She couldn't very well use them to kill the witch. They would most likely be reluctant. Even still, with the three of them working together, maybe they would be able to find her.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Seron frowned for about a half second, as if he'd been kicked, or slapped. All the same those fierce amber orbs seemed to light up into a blaze, and the expression was soon set into something more...assured. Bull-headed confidence, if you will.

"Lost?" The boy scoffed, letting go of the doorknob so that he could finish strapping his guitar to his back.
"We're never lost".

That aside his focus snapped back to the door of the cabin, almost like how a child can never seem to keep their attention on one thing for very long. The trait was a rather undesirable one he'd inherited from his Nana, but out in the wild it was nearly a saving grace.
Awkward silence abound, there was a bit more door tugging, and even more hair toying before he turned his attentions back on Erin.

"I can never resist an offer from a damsel in distress. Fine by me if you want to tag a long, so long as you can keep up and keep your footing".

With this he gave the cabin one more, hard, experimental tug. The doorknob came snapping off. In an instant the force drove Seron backward down the steps, a small grunt echoing off of the wooden house before the clumsy man came sliding down to the dirt and leaves below.
More or less sluggishly he sat up, twigs infused with his curly brown hair, and peered into the treetops to hide the scarlet blush running across his cheeks.

A loud silence ensued, broken only by the pushing open of the cabin door.

"I unlocked it a blue moon ago, if you'd just turned the knob instead of tugging".

Eon peeked out of the cabin door, looking very much foreboding enough that she could've been the witch, had the witch not left. Stark, dark blue eyes seemed to sigh at Seron on the ground before turning with a small, stony look, to Erin.

"I'm not even gonna ask. And no, you're not coming with us".

Any emotion from before seemed to have evaporated from the girl. The calm after the storm. Typical of Eon, she'd bottled up her troubles and set them on the dusty shell next to all of her others. A collection of dusty, emotion-filled bottles, ready to fall from their perches one day in some other worldly explosion.

Without waiting for anybody else's say, she continued down the steps, past Seron, and back towards the rudimentary camp from the night before.

AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Erin took a moment to admire the fellow's confidence. Thinking about it now, he did seem to be from rather far away. There weren't too many towns that were close to Autumn's Trace--primarily just Embrace and Equinox. They must have traveled far to get here. Perhaps they wouldn't be lost in terrain, Erin had meant lost in a different way. Not that it mattered really, for the guy kept tugging on the cabin door until he took a rather disgraceful tumble down the steps. She would have felt embarrassed for him if he didn't seem like a jackass. Instead, she shrugged her shoulders slightly and turned her attention to the doorway where the girl from before explained that the door had been unlocked. Erin didn't say anything as the girl gave her a hard look and rejected her assistance. The herbalist made her way down the steps to where the fellow was sitting, gazing into the trees. She watched as the girl meandered off to only the gods knew where. A sweet whisper coming from her mouth was carried softly by the breeze, and the soil next to the fellow broke, two vines starting to grow taller and taller. They wrapped themselves around his arms and helped him to stand before releasing him completely and sinking back into the ground as if they had never been there.

"Your friend is unbelievably rude," Erin stated simply, turning her gaze to the guy who seemed to be trying to overcome an embarrassed blush. "However, I am still adamant in my stance when it comes to traveling as a group in an attempt to find the witch. After all..." her voice trailed off. Two more thick vines broke through the soil behind Erin and grew taller before the tips gently rested on Erin's shoulders as if a person were gripping them lightly. "My powers and abilities are nothing to scoff at."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:01 pm

"You'd be pretty rude too." objected Seron, ever the ready to defend a friend whether or not the defense was justified. If it wasn't justified, he'd make it justified. That's just the way his mind worked. Need a way? Find a way. No way? Make way. Ten seconds of utter stupidity and reckless bullheadedness was all you ever needed to accomplish anything. His Nana had told him that too. Forevermore the rule had guided his life. Why, ac-

Two vines spurted from the ground, completely shattering his thoughts in every sense of the word. There was a small gasp as they wrapped around his arms; (who knew what was going through his mind?), and he nearly fought them before realizing that they were helping him out.

"I think I like the plants here more than the villagers..." Seron laughed nervously, tussling his hair again before turning back to Erin, where he finally came to the realization that she'd been the one to do that. The unhidden awe registered plainly on his face amongst bewilderment and fascination.

"That was amazing...not that you'll be needing any abilities with me around!"
The young man chuckled, sounding completely arrogant for the moment. Though, of course, if you'd been around him for long enough to know how to read his eyes, you'd see he was only joking.

"And they match your dress".

Seron shifted his pack on his back, turning to go after Eon but keeping his eyes on Erin. Maybe that was part of why he was always falling around.

"The name's Seron, by the way. From Salvia." added the man, who didn't look anything in the slightest like any fucking body who'd even set foot near Salvia.

"Don't mind Eon. She's probably just scared that you'll slow us down".

She's going to slow us down!...

Eon fingered the arrow head that was strapped to the underside of her wrist, eyes scanning over the small camp. They couldn't afford to slow down. The search for the witch that had consumed her soul ever since the return to her village now blazed even hotter than before, and god damn anybody who was going to get in her way.

Now....what here was useful? The burned wood was fun to write with and could be used to repel bugs. The rope was useful. The little sharp rocks...for...something. She took them all and distributed them through different pockets, either not noticing that one of the rocks had cut her fingers or not caring.
Sure, they had no idea where they were going, but maybe one of the villagers would? After all, they'd lived around the witch their whole lives, most likely....

Every second she spent idling around Amelia was out somewhere growing up. Time went on...after too long, would it even matter if the witch let her family recognize her again? Maybe it was a selfish wish, to go back to them after so long.

She hoped vehemently that Seron wasn't still chatting with that girl.

AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

The fellow was quick to defend his friend which was also admirable, and Erin could understand. It had to be related to the girl's wish somehow. It must have been particularly devastating to realize that the witch was no longer around. Erin listened to the fellow's tirade with slight amusement. He seemed to make for good company--much more sociable than she thought him to originally be. She smiled as he boasted of his own abilities which were to be strong, for sure with how much he tried to reassure her. It turned out his name was Seron. Her interest was definitely piqued at the mention that he was from Salvia, the capitol city of Valresch. He definitely didn't look the part of an aristocrat or a member of the upper class. Was he from the poorer sectors of the city? She deigned not inquire now.

"It's nice to meet you, Seron. My name is Erin, and I hail from Embrace to the west," Erin introduced herself politely, nodding her head to him. The vines on her shoulders receded, giving her a nice pat on the back before disappearing into the soil. "Thanks for the insight, but if anything, I can be of more help to you than you or she knows. For instance, if you had come here and noticed the witch was gone, and I wasn't here and the villagers didn't answer your questions, then where would you have gone next?" She was definitely curious to hear the answer to that particular question, especially since Seron never got lost. Surely he would know the way directly to the witch, yes?

Off by the camp that Eon and Seron had made, there was something afoot. Deep within the autumn brush, beady black eyes gazed upon the lone girl picking up and salvaging items from the area to make use of later on...
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Seron simply laughed, amused by Erin's questioning and undeniable strength. She was strong, after all. He could feel it in what she said and how she said it. That was great! Three strong people, albeit strong in different ways would squish the witch. That he was sure of.

"Why, to find the witch, of course! Where else?"

The man literally hopped into a different position, more than obviously straining to keep still. A small squirrel leapt from tree to tree overhead, causing a shower of beautifully colored red leaves to rain down upon the two by the steps. Seron sneezed, shaking his head more or less like a puppy to try and free the foliage from his hair to no avail.

"Sometimes I think there're more plants in my hair than there are on the ground". The man offered a small half-grin, somehow still able to joke amongst having literally come from the complete other side of the country for nothing.

"Tell me about Embrace! Eon didn't give us enough time to stop there. We came from down by Wisp. A hard village to find what with all the uncharted moving and all, but I found it! And I met Eon there. She's from there. I think I'd rather I be from there than from Salvia..."

He made a funny face, as if he'd tasted something terrible. And indeed, Salvia did make him a tad sick to his stomach.
"The place gives me cabin fever..."
His gaze wandered, as if trying to scoot away from a particularly unpleasant memory. First it settled on the trees, and then back to Erin, and then, finally, to Eon, who was scavenging the old camp for materials already.

The man let out an audible sigh.
She hadn't allowed herself a single happy moment since she'd returned to her family.

Small chills skittered up Eon's spine; and that was saying something. For a few seconds she stopped moving. Something...wasn't right. But the task at hand had a strong hold on her mind, so she thought nothing of it and went back to scavenging.
There wasn't much else to be salvaged. Camp had been light that night. How did the witch leave so suddenly? Maybe there was some sort of clue in the cabin. She'd already checked it, but there was no harm in checking again...except for checking again would take up time...as did socializing. Was Seron still talking to that farmer? Herbalist? Whatever she called herself?

Eon frowned, mulling things over in her head, restless feet unconsciously taking her deeper into the forest. Seron would find her later. He always managed to. No time to waste...
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Erin raised a questioning eyebrow. That wasn't what she was getting at, not at all. Of course they would seek out the witch, but where would they search first? She figured it didn't matter now that they were together. Feeling a bit drenched in Seron's confidence, she addressed the question relating to her hometown, for there was something important about it that she was going to bring up anyway. "Instead of telling you about the place, I could show you there. It's just a swift trip across the Winterlands," Erin said, slightly aloof. She didn't want to be too direct about it. There was, however, something very critical about them visiting the town. "I told you that my friend is with the witch now. I want to return to Embrace and collect an item that belonged to him. I figured we could try scrying for him. Unfortunately, we can't scry for the witch herself because she left absolutely nothing behind. The point is, if we find my friend, we find the witch. Got it? I think that's the best lead any of us three have at the moment," she explained with a trace of some urgency. Something was making her rather restless. The trees were whispering to her about Eon progressing deeper into the forest, and about dangers that lurked nearby...

"Does that sound like a plan to you? We should probably catch up with your friend before she gets herself into some trouble," she said swiftly, taking a few steps in the direction of the village exit, only stopping to turn to see if Seron was on board. "As part of my powers and a bit of training I received here from the villagers, I can commune with nature. The trees tell me many things, and now they're whispering about creatures in the woods. I don't really like the sound of it if you know what I mean..."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:12 pm

A few drops of crimson blood fell from Eon's finger tips and through the ground, merely leaving a slight reddish hue to the dust below, but nothing else. She didn't even notice the bleeding. It didn't hurt. After the night she'd almost died in the cold rain pain had become something...trivial, unless in great amounts. And after the morning she'd returned to her family...what had happened...after that she felt almost no pain.
She could still remember everything that'd gone on as if it what had transpired eight years ago had only happened eight seconds ago...

The girl walked on in silence, feet not making a sound as they hit the dry leaves of the forest. She'd found it was hard to make sound with her feet after that night in the rain. Why, she had no idea. But facts were facts, no?

Facts are facts....
Eon frowned, clockwork ticking away silently in her mind. The witch is gone. Fact. We have no idea where she is. Fact....stressing over it isn't going to help...fact...

A rush of fatigue overcame her now, not physically, but mentally, as if her mind had been sprinting and now needed to take a break. Feeling extremely selfish for doing so, the girl slid down, back against a tree trunk, and curled her knees up to her chest in an attempt to stay warm. Course, she only ever felt chilly now. And Seron along with any other living thing that could talk said when she touched them they felt a rush of the chills too. It kind of...spooked her. But the spookiest stuff she kept to herself.

Another bottle, up on the shelf.

Seron's eyes lit up like a bonfire before rapidly fading back down. The prospect of taking a trip to Embrace was tantalizing! And near here too? It'd be hard to restrain himself, but he had to, for Eon's sake. She'd be miserable if they simply went somewhere for the sake of going. And to think...before all of this she'd been the one who'd gotten him hooked on spontaneous adventure just for the sake of it.

As Erin explained further, however, his eyes got brighter, a hint of something sad still lingering, but they got brighter nonetheless. If they could find the witch by going there, Eon'd have no problem with it. Actually, she'd probably be stumbling over things to get there.

Most of his thoughts involved Eon.

"Sounds great! Shoot...you're proving indispensable already!"
The man smiled now, running a hand through his hair and jogging to catch up to Erin, soon passing her, looking back, sticking his tongue out, falling, standing back up, and then dashing off again. His eyes only seemed to blaze brighter at the mention of "creatures". Obviously, he was taking the news the wrong way.

"Great! I love monsters!"

AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Finally, it seemed she was on good standings with at least one of the two. She continued on and watched Seron pass her only to clumsily fall over, get up, and take off again. She had a feeling that Eon might still be a tougher nut to crack, but Seron seemed confident (when did he not?) that she'd be happy to have the lead that Erin presented. What struck Erin fiercely, however, was the fact that she didn't venture off on her own with the lead she had, even if challenging the witch solo would wind up in her demise most likely. Even if it meant certain death, she had to rescue Vincent. With that drive, she picked up the pace in order to keep up with Seron, though she let the fellow take the lead on purpose in the case they were ambushed. If he wanted to be super protective, she didn't mind letting him. She was curious about these 'abilities' of his that were apparently so fantastic. Something caught Erin's ears; it was the trees surrounding them on the path. They were whispering that the girl was going to run into trouble. Erin instantly took 'the girl' to be Eon.

Eventually, they would catch up to the girl resting against the tree. For a while, Erin had thought that she would really leave her friend Seron behind. "It's dangerous to wander around alone, you know?" Erin said, taking a moment to catch her breath. The trees were panicked now, and Erin brought her palm to her forehead as she looked ahead on the path. Three little creatures had appeared out of the surrounding autumnal brush. They were immensely short, probably only coming up to a person's knee. Their bodies were a light brown like a baked good, and they had autumn foliage growing out of their heads with a few orange and gold leaves fanned out on their hands. They had two beady eyes each and a mouth full of sharp, white fangs. They appeared to dance eagerly on the path, muttering to themselves with weird sounds.

"Ugh, mandragoras," Erin said, standing up straight while adjusting her necklace which began to glow a bit. Two vines shot out of the ground quickly, one on each side of her. They lashed out at the air violently. "I would imagine you two are quite adept at fighting with all the traveling you did in order to get here. I'll be expecting you both to hold your own weight," she explained firmly.

Chapter 00: Rustic Encounter

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Just The Beginning~

{ } {t} { } { } { } { } {t} { } {B} A
{ } { } {b} { } {H} { } {b} { } {t} B
{t} { } {t} {G} { } {O} {t} { } { } C
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } D
{ } { } {b} { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{b} { } {t} { } { } { } {b} {t} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {b} { } G
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } {t} { } { } H
{ } { } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} I
{ } {t} { } { } {E} {t} { } { } {t} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Erin (Herbalist)
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 6%
Move: 3 cells

Orange (Autumn Mandragora)
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%

Gold (Autumn Mandragora)

Hue (Autumn Mandragora)

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{t} - Tree (cannot be occupied)

{b} - Bush (cannot be occupied)

Players may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Eon watched the leaves for once, fingers absentmindedly fiddling with her Arrowhead. She always felt anxious when they weren't up to something, and so as a result her legs and fingers were almost in a state of perpetual motion. Even as she was sitting. Leaves crushed under her feet as she tapped out a smooth, silent rhythm. Seron would be joining her soon...she could hear him trip in the distance.
That other girl was coming too. A small sigh escaped her lips, hands moving up to lightly touch her forehead, as if the newcomer's presence wasn't worth a full fledged groan.
God, Seron.
Eon had never been very good at making friends because not many people approached her. The tattered shirt, the midnight blue eyes, the baggy pants, and (for the time period) the masculine tendencies; lack of effeminacy. The two moms. After a while she'd adapted and simply taken a liking to not being approached, which made it harder for people to breech her walls. Wasn't it odd, that a person; a social animal as it were; disliked the being social? Did that make her inhumane? People started not to like her, which was fine with Eon since she didn't like people. Then the rudeness set in...the urge to repel anybody who dared come close.

Seron had come too close for comfort though. She'd tried to push him away with all of her might, and, obviously, he was still close. After ten years she still didn't know what to do or how to feel about it....
All in all, while she didn't mind Seron's company, the tag a long was more or less loathed.

Soon enough Seron came loping through the bushes, followed by the blonde pansy in the green, who quickly made sure to inform the homeless girl who'd been wandering alone most of her life that it was dangerous to wander around alone. Right.
Afterwards the newly planted pansy pointed out a few monsters, summoned two slightly bigger pansies, and told the pair of explorers who'd come from the other side of the country that she 'expected them to hold their own weight'.

'Cause we sure as fuck can't depend on you...

Eon frowned, shooting the girl an icy stare before picking herself up and turning to the monsters, her form flickering slightly as if it weren't completely there. Almost as if she were a ghost.
Monsters, eh? Fine. Despite not being particularly angry, she felt as if she could use something to fight....

[Eon] starts at [I-4]

Seron offered a small smile towards Eon, undermining the sheer happiness he felt at the sight of her just...sitting back against a tree. Not frantic, or worrying, but just sitting there. Too bad these monsters were going to ruin it; though he felt he could easily take on all of them and give the girls a break.

The man gave a wild smile, taking a step in front of Erin and beside his flickering friend. Fight? Oh hell yes.

[Seron] starts at [I-5]
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:11 am

{ } { } {t} {O} {S} { } { } { } {t} I
{ } {t} { } { } {E} {t} { } { } {t} J

Erin (Herbalist)

Eon (Demi-geist)
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Seron (Explorer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
Atk: 5
Def: 4
Evade: 3%

Gold (Autumn Mandragora)

Hue (Autumn Mandragora)

Player Phase 1!

Erin moves to H6.

It seemed as though the other two were on board, just as she had thought. They still seemed to be a bit rough around the edges, just like she herself was. Fighting wasn't her forte, but Vincent had told her a long time ago that monsters never attacked her because of how scary she was. Smirking slightly, she gently moved past Seron, giving a bit of a nod as she reached a better position for aiming. Her hand shot into her satchel, and upon pulling it out, three slim, corked, glass tubes filled with a dark purple liquid could be seen laced between her fingers. She was holding them as if they were throwing knives. The vines had sunk back underground and shot up near her new position, awaiting command. The mandragora were still a few yards down the path; it was impossible to get a good shot from this distance, even though the path was clear, save for the slight rain of falling leaves. It wouldn't do. No, not yet. She couldn't waste the liquid in the vials; she'd have to work a bit to replace them, so she wanted to use as few as possible. She shot a quick glance to the others, immensely curious as to what kind of tricks they had up their sleeves.

Erin waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 am

Eon took a step forward with a gait that was almost dizzying to watch, her body moving faster than her feet. It seemed almost as if she took two steps but her feet only moved one; an eerie walk usually apparent in ghosts and spirits during times of haste. Seron almost always turned pale when she did something like that but Eon herself didn't notice; she had as much control over her abilities as she did knowledge about how she'd gotten them. Which was little to none.

The girl eyed the monsters carefully, now stopping to consider her strategy a bit. Why didn't they attack? Maybe they too were planning...though she doubted the intelligence of them all. They formed a nice little semi circle, didn't they? If she could get into the middle of it she could wail, and take them all at once...then again, that was Seron sort of reckless thing to do....but....she did like wailing...and...was she too close?
A rather loud, audible whimper escaped her lips.

Eon moves to F5
Eon waits

"Eon, that's a bit clos-"

Seron raised an eyebrow as Eon strode ahead, but stopped once he heard her whimper, hands immediately clamping over his ears. She wasn't going to wail now, was she?!
Silence followed.
Seron blushed, stepping after his friend and letting his hands drop. She'd probably just been thinking hard about it and the whimper had escaped.

The monsters didn't seem keen on moving. No wonder! He was there, after all.

Seron moves to G4.
Seron Waits.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 am

{b} { } {t} { } {O} { } {b} {t} { } F
{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { } {b} { } G
{t} {t} { } { } { } {E} {t} { } { } H
{ } {t} { } { } { } {t} { } { } {t} J

Enemy Phase.

Orange moves to F6.

Orange attacks Eon! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

Gold moves to F4.

Gold attacks Seron! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

Hue moves to E5.

Hue attacks Eon! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

{ } { } {b} { } { } { } {b} { } {t} B
{t} { } {t} { } { } { } {t} { } { } C
{ } { } {b} { } {H} { } { } { } { } E
{b} { } {t} {G} {O} {O} {b} {t} { } F
{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { } {b} { } G

Player Phase 2!

Erin (Herbalist)

Eon (Demi-geist)
HP: 11/15

Seron (Explorer)
HP: 29/30
MP: 15/15
Atk: 5

Gold (Autumn Mandragora)

Hue (Autumn Mandragora)

Erin uses Nightshade Cloud on Orange! [Chance of Poison]

MP: 24/30

So they were going with a brutish strategy? Mandragora weren't the smartest creatures around, that was for sure. There were some types of mandragora that were dangerous--they would lure the enemies into letting their guard down while performing a quaint little dance only to wind up releasing spores that drained the life out their enemies. Luckily, these little things didn't seem to possess that kind of capability. Erin listened to the trees; they warned her of a strange light the mandragora could emit. She kept that in the back of her mind while she took aim at the mandragora closest to her. With an expert flick of her wrist, she loosed one of the vials she was holding and watched it soar through the air a couple of yards before crashing right into the target. The liquid inside seemed to react to the air violently forming a dark purple cloud around the plant-like creature. The vial had been filled with a deadly toxin obtained from a variety of poisonous plants and mixed a naturally occurring chemical agent that would cause the reaction leading to the formation of the gas cloud. It made it much more effect that way.

Erin waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 am

Suddenly the creatures lunged, as expected, effectively surrounding the girl. What wasn't expected was the strength of their attacks, and the effect on her they had. Shit. Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea...she couldn't hold in like she'd wanted too...the other girl threw something impressively purple at the monsters, but it didn't seem to do much of anything.
One attacked from the front, and another lashed at her from the side. She could feel the other one leaping for Seron. Dang, they were fast...

More of a reflex than anything else, Eon threw her head back, sucked in a small amount of air, and let rip a scream who's old purpose was to scare the fuck out of the living and add to the population of the dead. It was a blood curling scream, loud, painfully high pitched, and so full of sorrow that the air around her seemed to almost cry.
While anything with ears was left recovering she took off, trying to ignore the weakness in her legs. She needed to recollect herself...and then she'd circle back...fainting wouldn't be much help to anybody...

Eon uses Banshee Wail on Gold, Orange, and Hue! [Chance of Bleeding]
MP: 16/30
5 INT damage!

Eon moves to D7.

Seron took a step forward, only to find himself too late to cover and in the range of Eon's banshee attack thing. Faint pain registered in his head after the scream was done, face almost drained of color. Good thing he was an ally...
And where was she now? Seron tensed his muscles to attack, while moving another step and checking for his friend. She had retreated to the side. Was she hurt? Shit.

Seron moves to F5.

A kick he'd seen earlier flashed through his mind; something he's seen once in a circus fight. The user had jumped up, flipping backwards in the air to gain momentum and then, still in the air, kicked out with maximum force to the test dummy. Might as well give it a shot.

"Hey! Over here!"

Seron yelled out, and then wasted no time jumping up. Something seemed to take over his body for a moment; something like the wind. Invisible and intangible. An instinct? Something. His body flipped, recreating the motion from his mind's eye perfectly, and ending it with a skull connection that sent a rush of adrenaline through his veins.

Seron uses Experienced Kickass on Gold! [Bestows Bravery on user]
MP: 7/15
5 Atk damage!
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Orange takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 7/10

Orange is Poisoned!

Orange is Bleeding!

Gold takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 4/10

Gold evades Bleeding!

Hue takes 3 Dmg!

Hue is Bleeding!

{t} { } { } { } { } { } {O} {t} { } D
{ } { } {b} { } {H} { } { } { } { } E
{b} { } {t} {G} {S} {O} {b} {t} { } F

Eon's Defensive Possession has 3 turns.

Seron's Bravery has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Orange moves to E7.

Orange uses Scratch on Eon! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 4/10

Gold uses Flash on Seron! [Target Hit Rate -10%]

MP: 4/10

Gold waits.

Hue moves to D6.

Hue attacks Eon! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

{t} { } { } { } { } {H} {O} {t} { } D
{ } { } {b} { } { } { } {O} { } { } E
{b} { } {t} {G} {S} { } {b} {t} { } F

Orange is Poisoned for 3 turns.

Orange is Bleeding for 3 turns.

Hue is Bleeding for 3 turns.

Player Phase 3!

Erin (Herbalist)

Eon (Demi-geist)
HP: 8/15
MP: 16/30
DD: 3/10
Def: 2 --- 3

Seron (Explorer) *BRAVERY* *HIT RATE -10%*
HP: 29/30
DD: 1/10
Atk: 5 --- 8

Orange (Autumn Mandragora) *BLEEDING [1]* *POISON [1]*
HP: 6/10
MP: 5/10

Gold (Autumn Mandragora)
HP: 5/10
MP: 5/10

Hue (Autumn Mandragora) *BLEEDING [1]*

Erin moves to G6.

The piercing scream was something Erin hadn't been expecting at all. Not even the trees could warn her of such a thing and she wound up wincing and covering her ears until it was over. Her body was shaking a bit and she didn't feel too well, not to mention a slight headache was just starting to originate. Shaking herself out of it, she noticed that the mandragora didn't appreciate the shouting very much and still pursued Eon with renewed vigor. Growling, Erin took a step forward and waved a hand through the air. One of her vines shot forth and cracked itself like a whip against the mandragora's backside before retracting promptly. "If this doesn't end soon, I might have to do something about her injuries," Erin muttered inaudibly to herself, an unreadable look upon her face. They were definitely powerful if not reckless, but Erin supposed powerful people could afford to be reckless.

Erin attacks Orange! 5 Dmg! (INT)

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Eon ran, the weakness she felt in legs actually being the thing that drove her onwards. Fuck. She hadn't meant to be a liability. She could hear Seron behind her, and risked a look over her shoulder, only to see a flash of gold and leaves as her two pursuers attacked her once more. They seemed angry, and she didn't blame them. Both were now bleeding profusely out of their ears, and the orange one looked sick as well. Result of the purple cloud?
The things attacked again, and Eon found that she didn't have time to worry about that, throwing herself through one of their bodies in an attempt to get away.
Another scratch from the monsters made her nearly cry out.

"GET OUT!"

The girl yelled, turning on the orange one, her frame flickering and going a ghostly blue. Suddenly it was possible to see right through her. An otherworldly chill passed across the area as she drew in more air, letting rip yet another piercing wail. Hopefully the bleeding would weaken them sufficiently before they could reach her.

Eon uses Banshee Wail on Orange, and Hue! [Chance of Bleeding]
MP: 2/30
5 INT damage!

Sufficiently drained, the girl more lumbered than ran in the opposite direction.

Eon moves to A8.

Was that a bag in the bushes over there?
Out of breath with two monsters on her tail, the last thing she needed to do was satisfy her curiosity. That'd be a really stupid looking way to go out.
...But still....

Seron's cocky grin at having managed to do such a complicated kick was soon greatly lessened as his "diversion" failed, the two monsters taking after his friend. He didn't seem to be taking much damage at all from their attacks. Eon, on the other hand....
A blinding flash of light shattered his thoughts. DAFUQ?! Suddenly the world seemed blurry, the monsters becoming harder to separate from the surrounding foliage. That and the next unexpected scream nearly made his head spin.
Still, he managed to more or less angrily streak over to one of the bleeding monsters and deliver a hell of a punch it'd never forget.

Seron moves to E6
Seron attacks Hue! 8 Damage! (ATK)
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Orange takes 6 Dmg!

Orange PERFECT KILL!!

Hue takes 9 Dmg!

Hue KO!

{ } {t} { } { } { } { } {t} {O} {B} A
{ } { } {b} { } { } {S} { } { } { } E
{b} { } {t} {G} { } { } {b} {t} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } {E} { } {b} { } G

Eon's Defensive Possession has 2 turns left.

Seron's Bravery has 2 turns left.

Enemy Phase.

Gold moves to E5.

Gold attacks Seron! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

{ } {t} { } { } { } { } {t} {O} {B} A
{ } { } {b} { } {G} {S} { } { } { } E

Player Phase 4!

Erin (Herbalist)
DD: 1/10

Eon (Demi-geist)
HP: 8/15
MP: 2/30
DD: 5/10
Def: 2 --- 3

Seron (Explorer) *BRAVERY* *HIT RATE -10%*
HP: 28/30
DD: 2/10
Atk: 5 --- 8

Orange (Autumn Mandragora) *PERFECT KILL*

Gold (Autumn Mandragora)
HP: 6/10
MP: 6/10

Hue (Autumn Mandragora) *KO*

Erin attacks Gold! 5 Dmg! (INT)

Erin was keen to the next outburst from Eon, and thus was a bit more prepared than last time, even though the constant screaming did nothing for her headache. It didn't matter. She had herbs for that kind of thing, so she'd deal with it when the time came. More and more surprises came to be brought about as Erin watched Eon faze through all the trees and brush in order to just get away from everything. I didn't imagine her constitution would allow her to take such brutal attacks. Powerful, she is; sturdy, she is not, Erin noted mentally while her eyes shifted to the mandragora. With but a mere thought, she sent a thick vine straight towards it, lashing against the creature's body with great force. Eon was much too far to treat now; she'd have to handle it after all was said and done just like she would have to do for her headache. She shot a glance at Seron.

"Suppose we could wrap this up, Mr. Confidence?" she shot at him with a sly smile, positive that he would be more than willing to show off more of his power in dealing the finishing blow to the final mandragora. Overall, she was definitely pleased with their performances. It seemed as though they were naturals at defending themselves, granted mandragora weren't the toughest of monsters out there. They were more on the softer side of the bestial spectrum. I wonder if I can even consider this to be a true test of their abilities. How would they fare against the witch? she continued to think, allowing herself to let her guard down. The trees would whisper warnings to her should more danger approach.

Erin waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

The sounds of the cries of mandragora floated out from behind the bushes. Eon risked a glance, and was a bit please by what she saw. The screaming had obviously taken it's toll; monsters clearly in pain of the head, blood spilling out of their ears from burst vessels. The weakness went nicely with a vine that soon popped, rather surprisingly, out of the ground, taking the final blow on the orange monster.
Eon's eyes flashed up to this new girl. A smile almost flashed upon her face.

Almost.

Great gods....must be the energy loss...

Shaking her head and turning away just in time to watch Seron deliver an otherworldly punch, Eon found her way back to the bag, curiosity finally getting the best of her fingers.

[Eon] activates Trigger Command: Open on Bag ([A9])

Seron grinned widely, still worried but of course more than willing to deal the final blow. The man turned to the final monster, blinking to try and get that dreadful light out of his eyes.

"You betcha!"

Within a flash he sprang in....the opposite direction?
Seron ran towards a nearby tree and sprang up and pushing off of the trunk for propellance. Another trick he'd seen somewhere. Without fail, that meant he could repeat it.
Letting out a whoop of pleasure from the rush, he now spun, delivering what must have been an unpleasant kick to the mandragora's face.

Seron attacks Gold! 8 damage! (ATK)
Seron waits.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Eon opens the Bag!

Bag reveals Herb! [Added to Inventory]

Gold takes 9 Dmg!

Gold KO!

{ } {t} { } { } { } { } {t} {O} { } A
{ } { } {b} { } { } {S} { } { } { } E

All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+2 - Autumn Mandragora x1 PERFECT KILL
+2 - Autumn Mandragora x2
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Items used
+1 - Treasure obtained

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 13

Erin: 0/10 --- 13/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 3/10

Eon: 0/10 --- 13/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!

Seron: 0/10 --- 13/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Erin, Eon, Seron

The Party receives 12 Gold!

Items found:

---Autumn Leaf x3

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum