Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson 4: The OOC

Go down

Lesson 4: The OOC Empty Lesson 4: The OOC

Post by Rose Hathaway Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Lesson 4: The OOC

So, you found a roleplay you're interested in, right? Didn't you? Did you tell the GM you're interested? You did? Awesome! Once the GM thinks they have enough people, they will post the OOC, or Out of Character, thread. This will most likely contain further elaboration on plot, setting, and other things they want you to know. They will also post a Character Sheet, which is like a description of the character you're going to use.

The Basic Character Sheet looks something like this:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

It's pretty self explanatory, right? They may vary between roleplays though, like, for example, a fantasy roleplay set in some non existant country may ask for race, possessions, etc. But this is just the basic stuff. Another thing that may vary is what the GM wants as far as appearance. They may not allow anime pictures, they may just want pictures, or they want you to write your own description. This is a thing that you need to pay attention to during the OOC.

A GM may post instructions in OOC for certain people, for example, as a GM I may ask Mayari to make a character of hers pick up a book since it's an important book, or I need her out of the room or something. A good example to look at is our Haunted House on the Hill OOC, where I've told the members to write up death posts for their characters. You can ask questions, propose ideas, and other things in the OOC, explain a post about a character for better understanding, and the GM can post their instructions. Remember, GM has final say on everything. You are free to disagree respectfully, and propose solutions or alternative ideas, but GM has final say.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down