Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 15 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Rose Hathaway Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 am

I rolled a 7.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 15 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:38 am

(...16.)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:33 am

(Sadly, Anastasia does not get a critical hit, but retroactively, you do John. I'll apply damage and carry on. Next is Ritz)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 pm

(This may or may not be a silly question, but is the dead goblin square a free square now? i.e. 5ft instead of 10ft?)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:27 pm

(Yes, and no, it's not a stupid question Smile .)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:10 pm

(And just to be perfectly clear and not ambiguous in any way, shape, or form, is it going to be all right if I have Ritz draw her weapon and move behind the goblin in one turn. Because I know they're both move actions, but her scimitar is like, right there at her side.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:10 pm

(That requires BAB +1, I'm afraid Sad, as per the rules. Next level, just 1000 XP away )
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 pm

(That's cool. No need to be sorry.)

Ritz sees that Raven is in pretty bad condition and makes her way through Vorpalsheen and Anastasia, muttering her apologies, but at the moment, she is sure they understand the urgency. Ritz places a hand upon Raven and begins to focus energy into him in an attempt to alleviate some of his injuries.

Ritz casts Cure Light Wounds on Raven healing 5 HP.

(The range is Touch and the duration is Instantaneous, so that's what I went off of here.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:21 pm

(John, you are at full Hit Points now Smile )

There is but one of the monsters standing, dagger gripped tightly, it's eyes dart, and he swiftly darts away, performing a series of sudden and obviously impromptu maneuvers to avoid any instinctive stabs from you.

It then madly sprints down the hall into the darkness.

Vorpalsheen begins to give chase, but the warped green creature seems to be out of sight.

What do you wish to do?

(If you chase him, no need to worry about maps, but the same initiative order will be used until another (different) conflict arises. If not, you can stay here, loot corpses, and search the room, and examine the other hallways in detail).

Spoiler:
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 am

Woah... I thought I posted x_x

Anyways, I will punch the goblin again.
I rolled 17 for my attack, and do 4 damage.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:49 am

I'd like to search the room, and examine the other hallway.

Search: 17
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 am

Finally having a moment to grow more acclimated to the cave, you feel the dampness, and the darkness that seems to fill the halls in every direction, and as you soak in the surroundings, you notice that there is not only a hallway going left, and right, but a small chute in the room's ceiling, at the center of the room. Looking down the other hallway, you see that it extends on a long distance, and even at the front of it, you can notice a slight curve to it as it stretches along the mountain's insides.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 am

(Guys...?)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:42 am

"So, which way should we go?" Raven asked his companions, looking for their opinions on the matter.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Ritz remains silent. She was sure that they would give chase to the goblin, but doing so would surely lead them to other goblins. They were here for Epsil. Given that, she is at a loss. "For the sake of moving on, maybe we should go in the direction that our wounded goblin friend didn't. I get the feeling he might be going to get reinforcements," she explains flatly. "We might should have given chase before the creature had the chance, but it seems our opportunity has faded."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:08 pm

"Ritz is right. I'm not sure how many more of those I can take." Anastasia says as she rips some cloth from the bottom of her shirt and wraps up her wound.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:15 am

"Ok, so we're going that way." Raven said, turning to the hall the goblin didn't take. "Lets at least be ready, in case there are more down that way."
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 am

(Sorry for the extensive silence on my part, work...)

Wait lads. Maybe we should be restin' up soon. We've been marchin' all afternoon and me last plan is to be stuck wanderin' about here and gettin' lost. My smitin' arm is getting weak.

(Also, you guys heal naturally when you sleep, and Raven, you're running low on spells.)

Epsil
Spoiler:

Last edited by ExtravagantEvil on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 am

(Yes, but I'm not sure I'll be able to convince the others to rest, considering our captured friend, and we are in enemy territory.)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:34 am

"No. I need to find Epsil. The more we linger, the more likely it is he's dead. And I'm not lingering any longer." Anastasia says, and turns to the hallway. She moves 10ft.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 am

(Anastasia you are still able to see)

Vorpalsheen trots up in front of you

(Note: The following is not I as DM trying to control your actions, but Vorpalsheen acting as he would, I will fully allow you to charge on througgh the tunnels without rest.)

Listen you Pointy eared child! I know your friend is lost in these damnable caverns, but charging through will only get us killed! We canna' fight an enemy when we are weak and expect to live!
Time is of the essence, but self sacrifice and stupidity are two differin' things! We are a Squad. We have to work together. We can rescue him, we just need to be prepared, and right now we ain't prepared.
We don't know a Damnable thing about these green fanged critters, nor where your friend is!
You charge on, and I assure you, as a soldier, you'll be found a bloody frail corpse by the time the sun rises.
So go on. Storm ahead, like some child in a tantrum.
You are a soldier now, not some little urbanite citizen from your fluffy elven trees, and that means you have to stay calm, or you'll get us all killed. Along with your friend.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm

"Urbanite citizen? I haven't been one of those in years. Epsil is the closest thing I have to family now. I can't leave him, because I can't lose another member of my family. It's something you probably wouldn't understand, you stupid dwarf." Anastasia said coldly, glaring down at the dwarf.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Family, you dare call a dwarf uncaring of Family?

He sighs, the cold air making the breath stick to his beard

I have prided myself, as do all dwarves on honoring their family. My clanmates are my life, and I would never desert them. I have made family among the soldiers I fought by, but sadly, I have lost more family than you can picture. I left my home, soleely because my family commanded.
I know what it is like to lose family. For every bond that a dwarf makes, while few, are stronger than the Adamantine chains that lock away Hell itself.
And I have seen what other Dwarves have done to save their family.
Some were rash, impulsive, and they died.
You may feel it to be a glorious rescue, that you are immortal in a quest, but you are weak. You are flesh, and blood and bone. You can die in these tunnels, because there is an enemy that is ruthless here.
If you die trying to save Epsil, due to your own foolhardiness, then all of your efforts will be for nothing, lad. Every soldier needs rest, and I admire your zeal for your family. Save it for when it is most effective, channel it, and use it well. Now is not the time, your friends are tired, we need to think, before we act, lest we make a stupid mistake and die here, to where it would be a certainty that we'd lose him.
Stay. Listen to your teammates, they are your family now, for we fought, and shed blood, and defended each other at the risk of our own lives.
That is family, and why lose three members of your family, and your own life, trying to save one. We will find him, and break him away from this stone cave.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Anastasia sighed. He was right. But Epsil was still waiting for her. In the amount of time they spend resting, he could easily die. It was something she wouldn't be able to cope with if it happened. "Fine. But if Epsil is dead when we find him..." She pulled out her dagger and held the tip to his beard. "This dagger running through your throat will be the last thing you feel." The dagger was put back in its sheath, and her tone was dark and menacing.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Ritz ignores the argument between Vorpalsheen and Anastasia. It was true that the elf was being rather brash and reckless. At this point, Ritz figures that recklessness would indeed get them all killed. Erimis approaches her and she crouches down to pet him tenderly. "It seems as though we are resting then," Ritz states aloud in an aloof tone to no one in particular.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next