Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(I dunno) Legacy of What

4 posters

Go down

(I dunno) Legacy of What Empty (I dunno) Legacy of What

Post by Creation of Pokerus Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Who's up for a fantasy RP? Very Happy You know, with knights and demons and wizards and scantly clad battle girls? X3 The plot is pretty flexible up to a certain point. ANYTHING goes, really. Any kind of character is welcome, any nationality, any species(though I get the feeling most people will stick to human). Think medieval folklore, skyrim, and some badass anime tossed together and blended with every culture in the world. It's rather large concept to wrap your mind around. Looking at it halfway through typing up the description, I realize it's concept is more or less a cross between skyrim and touhou. xD

Tbh, I'd prefer more than one liner posts. :c Just because it brings more life to the RP.

----

In a faraway land, where myth and magic and people lived together(somewhat peacefully) a dark force begins to gather, an evil master drawing power. The land remains unsuspecting, but in the end everyone will have to choose a side. Only a handful of heroes can stop this dark master before he conquers the land and wipes all humans from the continent forever.

Many hundred years ago humans had settled an untamed land of myths and legends, doing battle with the hostile natives until eventually drawing packs and seals with them. In return for leaving most of the land wild and native for the mythical creatures and demons, the humans built towering cites with spires reaching to clouds and allowed the creatures of the wild to visit their cities.

Like any humans, different cities tended to have disagreements, and to the wild creatures favor, had wars. The creatures of wild tended to aid in the wars if they were bored or (more than often) had bloodlust and anger towards humans. The average human would be able to take on a weaker creature, but it took real training to be able to even defend against an average creature. This fact being said, which ever side had more creatures tended to win. Or the creatures would just turn on both armies and end the conflict themselves by wiping them both out. It was come to a conclusion to not ask for help from the creatures..

Other than in war, many of the creatures-whom had the potential to live for thousands of years- tended to remain hostile to humans, and even kill them if they found one in the wild and alone. Some even enjoy eating humans. It's dangerous outside the city.

Humans themselves generally distrust the creatures as well for fairly good reasons, though there were good and even helpful ones. The humans unwittingly even brought about a new creature to the area as well, the vampire, which could overpower many of the creatures of wild.

Humans also had potential for magic and power much like the creatures, though never entirely the same. It would take years of training, but one could become a True Knight, capable of taking on weaker demons themselves(which is saying a hell of a lot). While it doesn't happen often. Over the years, the humans had managed to perfect the techniques of training and managed to gain many powerful warriors capable of fighting creatures alone, though half the time they end up fighting each other.

In a land of sprawling hills, jagged mountains, cracked valleys, endless plains, freezing tundra, raging oceans, and thick forests, anything can happen. Literally.

----

So that's the best I can explain it. The rest you can use your imagination. I suppose I'll list a few rules:
1. No OP humans without extremely good reasons. I will judge the reasons with the power.
2. I will be controlling ALL of the OP creatures, as they will be like bosses of sorts. However, you can use the weaker creatures, but they'll either just be weaker than the average creature or bound by some spell.
3. I might just call them youkai since that's what they more or less are. @_@ That or demons or mythicals.
4. No killing other people's characters without their permission.
I'll add something on later. The rules are kinda standard, but just know that if I judge your OC to be OP later on I will sick a dragon on your ass. And dragons are definitely the strongest things of the land.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

(I dunno) Legacy of What Empty Re: (I dunno) Legacy of What

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:13 pm

...I'm in.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Eebit Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Meant to post this yesterday, but I am very, very interested in this Very Happy
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh Yeah. I'm in.

Sir Cariad Escatain; Knight Arcane of the Dainda Imperia Resolve.

Some knights wear armor and carry swords, as they ride their steeds into combat.

Some earn their knightly power through more, flamboyant means.

No Sword in hand but that wrought from the sharpened silver tongue.
No Shield but their impregnable mental fortresses.
No Armor but their own Magical Arsenal.

Cariad was an idealistic man, but more than that, as his blond hair prostrated itself on his head, he was a man of staunch moral resolve.

He despised the Demons, and what they did to humanity. He felt the loss they caused time and again. So, he distanced himself further into his magical science, and in his times of moral dilemma he turned to science again. He tried his intellect at diving the meanings of the metaphysical and try to create a system to live by, in the face of hell itself, where all that he knew was right, and that the fire he spread was used without err on the side of any wrong doing on his part.

He can be said as the first man to become a cold machine, and then the first machine to claim a personal moral code.

So, he wanders the forsaken roads, doing only what he deems good, caring only to slay the beasts he knows to be evil with his spells.

-------

This is a character idea I've wanted to play for a long time.

The idea is a genius intellect arcanist who uses Kant's Imperative as the basis for his morals, and only that, regardless of the results. A man who is selective, exacting of himself and only that. Caring little for men, but rather just to do good, without a glimmer of selfishness or even joy in his actions.

Only exacting moral sanctity
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm

.________. Um...right...=w=;; See, one does not simply wander around killing the creatures, because they're more than just beasts. They're intelligent beings with immense power. More or less, he'd be killed before he could even kill two.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Hmm...
Damn.

I'll post something new later.
Sorry I get prolific and sesquepidalian with some concepts,
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil