Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check)

+3
Rose Hathaway
Creation of Pokerus
AbsolWings
7 posters

Go down

(Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check) Empty (Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check)

Post by AbsolWings Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

"Dear, dear, dear misinformed child...."

His voice rippled along like the slithering of a snake on wet grass, just barely reaching my ears even as he was so close. I couldn't speak. Hell, I couldn't breathe. His hand was pressed so tightly against my throat that I swear I could feel my bones shifting, the concrete wall behind me offering no sweet relief. He grinned toothily, crooked nose and pooling eyes exploring mine own.

"There's Black and there's White; no grey areas in between....correct?"

My reddening fingers kept on his wrists, still fighting to tear away his hand, even though I knew it was futile.
"Y-..yes..." I squeaked, voice ridden with struggle.
A strangled yelp split the atmosphere of the irriguous bath salt shop, squeezed out of my panicking throat by a new, revitalized grip.

"Most Son-or-ous-ly not-" he barked, trembling. I could feel the tension rising like an ocean wave, and his voice began to pick up too. Faster and faster he spoke, sounding more and more like the epitome of delirium. The embodiment of insanity. I should have recognized him for what he was long ago...

"WRONG!" the man barked again, shoving me mercilessly against the wall. "How could you be so ignorant? Not everything is black or white. Actually, very little is either two. More colors are shades of gray than everything black and white put together! Dark greys, light greys, green grays, blue grays...what am I getting at, you might ask? The answer is simple...stupid girl".

He let go of me suddenly, my unstable knees unable to provide the least resistance as I slid to the ground, choking and gasping for air.

"Black and White...Shades of grey...LIFE. DEATH. Not everything is alive or dead. Actually, very little is either two. More creatures are neither alive nor dead than alive or dead put together! Your kind is but a small, small fraction...a fraction that will always diminish itself, mindlessly and ignorantly handing its people over to the maw of death. But...there are other places. Other races. Other ways to live".

I looked up at him in fear, my head clouding over with pain and lack of oxygen. What was he saying? He really was mad...

"There are things, my dear, that have never been thought of. Then there are inventions; the results of dreams. They have been brought to life! But what of...thoughts? Dreams, ideas, contemplations and perplexities? They are not dead things, which have never existed. And yet...they still cease to fully exist. What do you make of it all?"

A sharp pain sprang out in my side where his shoes connected with my flesh. It hurt so badly that actually, I don't think I could make of anything if I even tried to make something of it...
The man just grunted, a feverish glint in his eyes.

"Half existence. They exist in a state of half existence! Half-alive! Half-dead! The simple notion of it all is spellbinding! But this even more so my dear Lucy, this even more so! There...are...people".

He paused to let it sink in. A pause during which I fought to hold in tears and cries of anguish.

"There are people that live in a state of half existence! Alongside hopes, dreams, and ideas! People half-living and half-dead; above the underworld and below this sorry excuse of a land! Their dwelling is a very nice place really, depending on what shade of half-life you visit; oh dear, there are as many as shades of grey. But..."

His face darkened suddenly, and the man ceased his speech. I could only look up in terror, as usual. If he blew, I was dead. Done for.

Abruptly he stood up, reaching into his coat and pulling out a gun. My back stiffened against the floor, a single puff of frigid breath suspended in the air. What...was he going to do with that?

The man only smiled, tophat so lopsided on his head that I thought surely it would fall.
"We need you. They're breaking the rules. Achromatize, with me. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid there's no other choice".

The sound of a gun clicking echoed in the shop, strumming a rising fear in my chest. I backed up against the wall, nails hopelessly clawing at the ground, eyes wide and centered on the nozzle of the weapon pointed straight at my face. He laughed. He winked. He simpered.

"Lucy, my dear child, I am going to kill you now. But you are not going to die".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

DX I think maybe I wrote too much for just an interest grabber. OOF.
Please, ask questions. I'm not good at explaining, which is why I put this short thing into story format XD
You'd might just wanna ask me about the rp idea and all, as I can answer direct questions a lot better. 0w0
This would be Tree ^-^;

Last edited by AbsolWings on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title)
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Mood : Snuggly~ Oh so snuggly...

Back to top Go down

(Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check) Empty Re: (Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check)

Post by Creation of Pokerus Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Interested. o.o
But...what's it about? xD I understand the half dead half alive people, but...what's the goal?
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

(Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check) Empty Re: (Tree?) Achromatize - Living when we die and dying since birth (Interest Check)

Post by AbsolWings Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Your character is either already half alive (no, not zombies or anything), has just been "killed", or is about to be killed in the very near future. When this happens their body and soul (though mainly soul) will be sucked into Chrome, a colorful city that happens to be the capital of Haven (Haven being the realm where the halfdeadalive people live).

Here people live alongside dream creatures, ideas and the like; a bit like wonderland, I might admit. It's a very nice place, for the most part. It has it's issues, but nothing major. That is, until now.

The world has layers upon layers of...layers. XD
Haven is where the half alive people live, but there are still worlds and worlds below there, each one getting more and more dead as you go down.

This is where the Gravity Law comes into place. No creature belonging to one world can venture to the world above it; only to the ones below it. Unfortunatley there has been a slight..uprising (no pun intended). The dead, almost dead, mostly dead etc have discovered a way to travel upwards, and they want desperately to do this.

There's a buttload of bad things that'd happen if the dead decided to come back to life and go as t hey pleased, as you can imagine. And they're also wanting to take over the capitol.

They call their actions/uprising/thingymabobber "Achromatize". I thought it was cool, since the city's name was Chrome and...oh, nvm. Meh

Anywho, Chrome is putting together a clan of new recruits, fighters, peace makers, searchers (for the blackholes they're coming through), recruiters and the like to try and keep everything in control. This is where your character comes in Very Happy
You're a recruit.
So far.
I guess a few people can be dead, if anybody joins =w=;;

Anymoar questions? Meh
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Not from me. Very Happy
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Hm. Seems cool.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Wow. This is...interesting.
Imaginative, and can borrow a Lot of weird imagery.

Tell me, my question is, are our bodies and spirits warped by the surroundings, or do our own ideas help us shape our form?

Or do we just look like we did when we died, or will die or what have you?

if we can start toying around with perspective based reality, I have a fun idea.
Paranoid Schizophrenic, who can't tell whether the dream creatures are being themselves, the people he knows are truly what they are, so on and so forth.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:04 pm

I am monitoring this with the possible intention of joining at some point.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Seems interesting.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 pm

ExtravagantEvil wrote:Wow. This is...interesting.
Imaginative, and can borrow a Lot of weird imagery.

Tell me, my question is, are our bodies and spirits warped by the surroundings, or do our own ideas help us shape our form?

Or do we just look like we did when we died, or will die or what have you?

if we can start toying around with perspective based reality, I have a fun idea.
Paranoid Schizophrenic, who can't tell whether the dream creatures are being themselves, the people he knows are truly what they are, so on and so forth.

WELLLLL....Technically you leave your body behind and take on your spirit's form, which looks like the body you had before you died, but flaws/scars/markings (such as tattoos) are gone, and you're still solid. For the most part.
...This is where it gets complicated ;-;
Your char will gain certain abilities, which will be taught through recruit training. The most difficult of them all is Creation, which is controlling ones thoughts, dreams, and ideas to create something in Haven. Um...I'm bad at explaining things DX

Ideas and dreams and such things that are qualified exactly as half alive embody themselves in haven. Somebody thinks hard about unicorns but doesn't do anything other than that = Unicorn has been born, I suppose :P
Ooogaa DX I need more time to think about it XD Spirits CAN manipulate things though :P ....
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:15 pm

I might tag in.
quackers are yummylicious
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Could be worth a go.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Don't worry too hard, I really like this schizophrenic character idea. He's brutal, frightened, and as such very sadistic when his mind starts to drift away from him.

He could in theory become something similar to Pheonix (alter ego of Jean Grey), and flip out, letting the real creativity that insanity has.

Actually... One minute I'm PMing you this so we don't choke the recruitment thread with my musings...
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down