Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns!!! Pew pew pew!!!

4 posters

Go down

Guns!!! Pew pew pew!!! Empty Guns!!! Pew pew pew!!!

Post by Rose Hathaway Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 am

In light of yesterday's tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, it's time for the gun control laws to be discussed again.

So, question time!!

What do you think of the United States' current gun laws? Do you think they'll be changed after this? Why or why not? If yes, to what? What do you think should be implemented in their place?

The current gun laws in my opinion are way too relaxed. I know that most guns used in mass killings like Sandy Hook were obtained legally, but they should be harder to obtain legally. I think the White House is going to push for a crackdown, especially since Obama won't be focusing on reelection and after his speech about it (the man was crying about it, dammit), he'll be pushing harder than usual. But I don't think that any form of legislation will make it very far. He could at least get it through the Senate maybe, but the House will be a tough nut to crack with the polarized Congress. At least in the Senate he has a majority, but a hardcore Republican may decide to be rude and filibuster it. If it does miraculously pass, a Supreme Court ruling could make it all for naught. I'm hoping for at least a crackdown, maybe something similar to the Canadian gun laws. Those hopefully will form a good compromise, not that America likes compromise much anyway.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Guns!!! Pew pew pew!!! Empty Re: Guns!!! Pew pew pew!!!

Post by CodastertheDisaster Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:01 am

I think that all guns should only be able to be obtained legally if they hold 3 shots or less.

This way, hunters can still have guns to shoot, and even if somebody does try to go on a killing spree, they only have 3 bullets. The guns used in the Sandy Hook shooting carried 20-30 bullets each. There is absolutely no reason a gun needs to hold that much ammo unless used to kill.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm with Cody on that. 3 bullets is also enough to defend yourself in the case you are actually attacked. It should be sufficient for that. The Second Amendment is fantastic and should definitely stick around, but the regulations need to be intensified such that those automatic weapons are out of reach from psychopaths that wander into elementary schools and decide to unleash a spray of bullets on the student body.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 am

Unfortunately, the only guns made that are possible to hold only three bullets are shotguns, certain pistols, and hunting rifles. The fact of the matter is that no matter what you do, someone will get a hold of a gun with plenty of bullets and shoot a place up. Three bullets is gonna be enough if a person has a hunting rifle an some practice with a gun, because at a long distance you can still shoot into a crowded area and kill someone. Three bullets isn't gonna stop someone from reloading. The bullets isn't gonna stop someone from dying.

What we need is more law enforcement. Why don't we have more? Because they're either targeted by criminals, bribed to look the other way, or are shitty people who have prejudice and racism in their blood. The way I see it is, criminals aren't being treated as criminals anymore. They're sent to a prison were they get decent standards of living, free food, etc. People used to be killed for stealing cattle, now you kill a person and you get 40 years in prison. It's bullshit and needs to be rethinked. Unfortunately, all the law makers are bought out by big business. These shootings are only signs of a social collapse and shit is gonna hit the fan real quick.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum