Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theorem

+6
The Nexerus
quackers are yummylicious
Big Uri
Book the Hero
MrMissMrs Random
Dobi Boshi
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chaos Theorem Empty Chaos Theorem

Post by Dobi Boshi Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Long ago, before even time was born in an era all but forget except by a mere few, the Eternal Conflict was birthed beat Darkness and the Light. Demons and Angel forever destined to be locked in combat with one another, unable to defeat the other as the unquestionable victory of one side would give birth to the Cataclysm – the Great End of All Thing. It is unsure of what exactly such an event would entail or why both sides still continue to fight for nothing more than mere annihilation of both races; one can only assume their is much more the Great End of All of Things than the name suggests.

For millennia, even in this very day and age, the war still rages fiercely with no sign of slowing down; but in the wake of their fierce clashes, a new world was born: Caritas.

The world originally belonged the too the Old Ones: like the High and Dark Elves, creatures of eternal life, with everlasting youth and beauty who cultured themselves with the world, becoming one with it and learning to hear Caritas as she spoke to them, mastering the loyalty of the less beasts among them. There were also the Dwarfs and Orks – bitter rivals, yet they respected one another’s skill. Both races had an affinity for crafting, whilst the Dwarfs had long since been able to craft far more complex items than their Orkish rivals, they maintain steady trading alliance which both mutually benefit from greatly, as well as respect each others skills and cunning on the battlefield.

There were also the ancient Lizardman, the first race to be born, who dwelled in the southern jungles, powerful in ancient rites and knowledgably of the old runes. And in the north Ogre savages who often found themselves at odds with the Dwarf colonies living there. The Scourge, living skeletal entities that somehow poses self-awareness who dwelled in the great eastern deserts under their Litchi Queen Cynthus and the Skaven - the rat men of the western plague lands ended the list of ancient races.

And in time a new race was birthed: Mankind. Though the youngest and most sinful, they did posse more potential than any of the races that had come before them. Over time the once small and tiny group spread out all over the world of Caritas, from the high and cultured humans of the great central cities and their capital of Imperius, which played home to the almighty Church of the Black Paladins and their army of sorcerers and warriors – the Grey Knights, who were almost unrivalled in power, even among the Old Ones. They also spread to north where life is hard and perilous with many battles against the Ogres but its inhabitants are all the stronger for it; referred to as Barbarian, who’s raw close-quarter combat ability can only be matched by the Brother Captains of the Grey Knights themselves.

Given a few more hundred years they spread to the west and became locked in a long war with the Skaven in an attempt to purge the plague lands and make them habitual for human settlers. Eventually a truce was signed, though the Skaven lost much land and manpower in the war, they began trading with Mankind and gained many new pieces of technology and touched upon arcane power of magic for the first time, the first Plague Monks coming into existence in the following days.

Peace was what followed – but it was shattered quickly when the war beat the Darkness and the Light split reality and rifts opened and Angels and Demons spilled out into Caritas, turning on the races of the world as well as continuing their everlasting battle. The largest rift created was a rift that spit out the mightiest of all Demons, named the Eye of Armageddon, located in the west right before the great Fortress of Earl, the barrier between man’s realm and the plague lands – now known as the Blasted Lands as it touched and scorched by the hands of Demons – what remained of the Skaven people sought sanctuary with Mankind, before migrating to live alongside the Lizardman in the south.

The world of Caritas has since been locked in the Eternal Conflict as the third fraction – the leaders of Mankind, the High Elf Great Council, the Dwarf Lords and the Ork Warbosses coming together to sign the Treaty of Brotherhood, allying to protect their world alongside one another. Though they approached them for help, the Scourge remained silent whilst the Lizardman did not seek glory in battle and refused to help whilst the Skaven were too few in number to help directly, so they lent their assistance in what way they could whilst the Ogres carried on like before, not carrying for the war.

These events were over a thousand years ago and the war still rages on, the Fortress of Earl still stands strong to this day, though life is bleak for its inhabitants. In time many a man and women has gone to war with Demons, Angel and each other still. New fractions like the Sorcerers Guilds and Demon Hunters have strung up amongst Mankind whilst older groups like the Grey Knights and Barbarians have evolved and grown stronger over time. However in recent times figures like the Sage of Chaos, the greatest human mass murdered of all time who was obsessed with learning all sorts of magic, both light and dark alike, have arisen to strike terror into their fellow man as the well as the Demons – resulting in laws such as the restriction on what types of magic a man can learn and the dark art becoming forbidden under the law of Imperius.

But in the ensuing darkness, Mankind and their fellows have an unlikely ally in the Angels, who have taught their holy magic to a select few – including the Sage of Chaos; who was their last apprentice, unsurprisingly – yet Holy Magic has survived through being passed down by the select few lucky enough to learn it. In their gratitude Mankind has taken to revering and worshiping the Angels, who they believe will one day lead them to victory against the forces of Darkness once and for all.

And three became two once more.

But in this day, in my old bones I can feel something stirring in the Warp between worlds. Perhaps the deceive battle draws near as the assaults on the Fortress of Earl grow ever worse, and should Earl fall, the Demons would have a free path to Imperius and the beckon of the Brotherhood’s hope in the war – the city having long since become a shining symbol where all races are welcome and treated equally. Should Imperius, the Brotherhood shall be broken and Caritas will be plunged into everlasting Darkness as the End of All Things consumes creation entirely.

At this point, there is only one thing that is certain, a storm will hit in the coming days. And it will hit harder than any before.

– Abel Eckhart, All Father and Grand Scholar of the Black Library giving a brief summary of the world of Caritas

Summary: So, yes, this is my next venture – Chaos Theorem. This is a Dark Fantasy that has really come out of nowhere as a result of playing too much Diablo whilst being a on a FMA and Fairy Tail kick. The RP would follow the end of the Eternal Conflict, yep, End of the World As We Know It Grim!Dark Fantasy, on the side of the Brotherhood alliance, it would let you play as pretty much any of the respective races I mentioned in the alliance: so Human, Elf, Ork, Dwarf - still on the fence about the other races, guess that depends on feedback and whether or not their is a demand for people to play as a certain race.

Like many of the Fantasy games and tales I’ll be drawing inspiration from, you’ll get to create a character – note you can create as many as you like, but you’re limited to two Heroes, if you will, who will have plot significance (though that number may be increased if need be/or there is a great enough demand for it to be increased/plot demands it be increased). The Hero you create will then pick from a class, I’m thinking probably three classes per race and some classes would be unique to a certain race – like the humans would have the unique class in Demon Hunter whilst the Elves would be the only ones who could have a Druid.

I’d give out lining details as what each class would be capable of doing, but if you made a Sorcerer they wouldn’t have to be element user or something Boring but Practical like that, if you thought of a cool and unique type of magic that you can explain what does and what flaws it does have clearly without making it sound a like a Game Breaker I’m more than willing to let people use their own ideas like that – just so long as it sticks with the class system and they throw a fit if some else wants to use it because they like the idea.

This would probably be a long RP, and most defiantly a Blossoming if not full blow Tree RP, so don’t sign up thinking you can get away with quick one liner in this one. Whilst the plot I have worked out is complicated, I’m pretty sure I can get it to work well and leave it open enough for everyone to get in some good side-plots which could end up feeding directly into the main plot. I’ve also got a few kickass ideas for events that everyone would be involved in, like a Demon Siege of the Fortress Earl (c'mon that'd be awesome to RP, right?).

If you have any questions, feel free to drop them down below and don’t be shy about suggesting things either if you have an idea. But like I said above, don’t sign up lightly, as well as being long and most likely a Tree in the end, this RP is going to be highly mature and some of my posts as the moderate would include some rather graphic and gory descriptions – as Caritas is not a nice world to live in at all (Crapsack World Up to Eleven, people) – so if you don’t like such things, this probably isn’t for you, sadly.

P.S For does of you that don't visit TvTropes, forgive the Trope Speak.

Last edited by Dobi Boshi on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Mood : Done with winning as I have already won~

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theorem Empty Re: Chaos Theorem

Post by MrMissMrs Random Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 pm

It felt like Lord of The Rings to me mixed with A Song of Ice and Fire.

I like it. If you get enough people I'll be happy to participate.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:23 pm

I am most definitively in!
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Yeah, sounds good t'me.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Sounds like a fun time. Cat Smile
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 am

MrMissMrs Random wrote:It felt like Lord of The Rings to me mixed with A Song of Ice and Fire.

Not really what I was going for with LotR, but I can see how you got that, so fair enough. No idea what A Song of Ice and Fire is, though.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 am

Book series by George R.R Martin. Referring to the Crapsack world.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nexerus Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:28 pm

I like your signature.

Also, I might join.
The Nexerus
The Nexerus
Titty Sprinkles

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:17 pm

I might join to. The summary of the world's history was a bit confusing, but after rereading, I think I've got the general gist of it. Just don't test me. x.x
that fang
that fang

Mood : MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Like I said, Fang, if you've got any questions or are confused about something feel free to fire away and I'll do my best to answer any question you might have. -nodnod-
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Question: What's the limit to how graphic and gory we can get?
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:45 pm

-Scratches chin- I'm not to sure, really. I figured I'd just see what I can get away as things went along. I would say that if you character does something nasty - like say cut something/someone else in half, it'd be okay say there was a load of blood and that guts when flying all over the place, but I wouldn't go overboard with the detail about it - so I guess, if you keep it vague as to avoid things getting to disturbing/offending anyone, you can push the limits unless called on it because you're making someone uncomfortable.

The overall level of gore and how graphic we can be will be easier to define when we start and get the ball rolling as to see what people are and aren't okay with. For now work on the assumption of what I've said above, and should nobody have any problems with it, you could probably get more graphic if you wanted to.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Cool, thanks.

I now know what I'm going to do on my first post, with my orc character!
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Ah Ork, eh? Just so you know, the Ork classes are currently looking as though they will be Berserker (aka a Warrior), Shaman (Spell-caster) and a Wanderer (Based on the Hunter from World of Warcraft, so they could get a pet or something).

The other races still need at least one class worked out for them. but I want to get at least to more people before posting class information and getting the OoC thread set up so people can submit their heroes.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm choosing to make an ork cause I don't think a lot of people are going to make one.

Hmm, I'm really leaning to Berserker, but having a cool pet, like a wolf, would be cool...

I'll wait until you post all that info up, before making my decision.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Thinking about going Demon Hunter to be honest, though a Lizardman did sound interesting. Are they available, even though the species didn't join the alliance? Just as like a lone Lizardman.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm considering it, actually, as part of me wants to make a Skaven Plague Monk as one of my two main characters - but the Skaven aren't in the alliance either and I don't want to give myself special privileges, so if someone else voices interest in one of the other none alliance races, I'll allow it.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:27 pm

I was actually thinking of making my second Hero a Demon Hunter. Either that, or one of those Grey Knights.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Grey Knights will not be a playable Hero option, given that they'd be Game Breakers in the early stages - might introduce it as a froth class when they'd be less over powered compared to the other classes.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Aww...Looks like I'm going for Demon Hunter.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 pm

I figured Demon Hunter would be popular - gonna make a Sorcerer myself for my first character if I don't do the Skaven Plague Monk as my second I'll also either do a Demon Hunter or a Dwarf of some sorts.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Sorcerer sounded col as well. Really, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my second Hero.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Ok, I'm in if Elves are a playable type ._. This definattly has me interested.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Elves are a playable race, yes indeed they are~!
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Fuck. Yes. At first this almost sounded like Warlords, so that's what got me interested. And that's where I got a favourite character of mine from xD.

What'll be the classes for an Elf then? Very Happy
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next