Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Blossoming) Utopia

+5
Book the Hero
Creation of Pokerus
Shadoe Mayari
quackers are yummylicious
Big Uri
9 posters

Go down

(Blossoming) Utopia Empty (Blossoming) Utopia

Post by Big Uri Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm

UTOPIA

Utopia was what the adults called it, and even though there were calls for a change when they abdicated, the name stuck. At the beginning it was apt. Tall, shining building, everything running on solar power and clean living space for everyone. Woodland made up most of the surrounding area, and huge domes underground contained conditioned climates to provide steady sources of food. The sea along the immediate coastline provided fish and a source of water, while the river running into it gave a secondary source of water and power if necessary. Originally built for Acer contestants, it became a haven for all humans, and soon its original inhabitants were a minority.

It was not to last, though, and the wave of change began with the adults' abdication. There was a campaign to remove them, starting in the sixth year from the tournament and succeeding in the seventh. The Big Five, as they were known, let it come down to a referendum, and they were subsequently voted out. None have been seen since, but it is believed some still live in the city. The man who started the campaign, Ryan Asquith, was elected President in their stead, and a council of ten was elected to help run the city. Three spots were allocated to the Acer contestants.

Problems started when an invention of Thadius', one of the adults, was discovered. Testing it found that it could take away someone's Flow, the power they had been given after the Storm that had destroyed the world about eight years ago at this stage. It was made open to the public, where those who wanted their powers removed could have them removed. Though optional at first, it soon became law that all those who used their powers in public or in any large amount would have them taken away from them. Soon it became illegal to do much more than light a candle or help a potted plant grow. Some opposed this, and crimes and acts of Flow terrorism ensued, leading to increased strictness.

What was worse, the news became little more than a vessel for President Asquith's propaganda, after he was reelected on the ninth year to serve another seven, so decided as that was the length the Big Five had been in charge for. The city rapidly turned into a metropolis, with the outskirts being crime-ridden and destitute.  Furthermore, those who rejected the government's propaganda or who would never give up their power tended to gather there, with a large assembly of them meeting in the city's underground sewers and tunnels to trade news. Many found work as hired hands or couriers, as using the legal post meant censorship and having your packages opened.

In the ninth year, one of the members of the council, Tom O'Connor, who had been among the first to volunteer for having his Flow Nulled, fell from sixty-three stories when the bricks in his apartment ruptured and knocked him flying. There were few witnesses, but those who saw it claimed that he used his Flow to slow his descent. They were either persuaded they were wrong or released statements that he had not, and the ones who didn't quickly took to hiding. The government didn't want panic spread that their Flow-remover wasn't permanent, and they succeeded in covering it up, though Councillor O'Connor, as he was known, is currently still alive and has been in a coma for three years in the inner-city hospital. Many of the anti-government cells claim that he's being kept in his coma by the state, though he is open to visit and left untouched.

It is now the twelfth year, and the government have completely smoothed out things in the richer parts of the city, though the slums and projects of the outer city still remain wild. Crime is almost non-existent most places, and the government have a burgeoning economy which gives them support from the vast majority of civilians. Even most who keep their Flow and personally don't trust the government stay quiet and go about their business for comfort's sake. The only people allowed to use their Flow are those belonging the the Flow Response Unit of the police, who take their orders directly from the President, though most of these are honest working people, who want to stop the crime that is admittedly rife in the outer city. However most people who know the conditions in the outer city know that something has to give sooner or later, and see things as building to a head. The biggest question, however, in everyone's minds is simple: how long will Utopia last?

------
Like I said in the description, this links with RS but prior knowledge isn't necessary, I'll explain anything anyone's confused about.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

(Blossoming) Utopia Empty Re: (Blossoming) Utopia

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 pm

In. So in. It'll be beautiful
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 pm

I know that I said previously that I was done with RS, but...
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari
Asian Axolotl Pirate Addlez

Mood : Awesome, as always.

http://shadoemayari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 pm

DO EET.

My headcanon wheels are already turning.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadoe Mayari Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 pm

The thing is, Ade's either gonna be dead or a vegetable.

I haven't bullied her enough. /shot

Last edited by Shadoe Mayari on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadoe Mayari
Shadoe Mayari

Mood : Awesome, as always.

http://shadoemayari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 pm

-shrug- Heidi's probably going to be dead or in jail 'cuz she's so damn impulsive.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am

Paul wouldn't have stuck around for very long once the laws kicked in. As opposed to using his flow as he is, he finds it convenient and wouldn't want it removed. I'm in.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 am

I'm in.

Not sure if I'm going to bring in Joey, but Percy will be there, as a member of the Flow Response Unit (If that's ok with Uri.), after having gotten his own body offscreen.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm in. *And I will stay in.*

Don't think I'm going to have Erika in either, she'll probably be dead. Simon though I'll probably put in (give the guy a freaking chance to take away his Flow. XD) And Book I'm going to send you a PM about another character I might want to have in.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Cool.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Anyone that wants to have their old character dead or anything, but doesn't have a particular caring for the story of how it happened, tell me, because it's be useful to have victims for the murders in-story.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by AlluredStep Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 pm

How much older would everyone be, approximately?
AlluredStep
AlluredStep

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm

12 years from the first RP, I presume.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm