Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 13 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 pm

(John gets a 20 in Initiative.)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 13 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:47 pm

John Raven: 20
Green Creatures: 19
Vorpal: 18
Emris: 17
Anastasia: 11.5 (Higher Dex, so she'll go first since you rolled the same)
Ritz: 11

Last edited by ExtravagantEvil on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:58 pm

11 in Initiative.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Okay John, you're first! When Ritz's turn ends, I'll edit the map, movements and deaths.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:42 am

Epsil nods. He gets up and crosses the room, crouching against the wall by the door to try and hide himself from the 'blighters'.

hide: 15
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:47 pm

(I'll go after Vorpal.).
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Okay: John decides to hesitate and see how things will go, allowing the Goblins to notice the light and begin to swarm forward, their daggers in hand.
You see their loincloths and hide capes slowly drag on the floor as they step forward, snarling and stepping towards you. The other, to your left leaps at the light source trying to tear at Anastasia with a dagger, serrated and cold.

In it's rush, it seems to however bounce off the wall, while the other dashes foward as fast as it's warped feet can carry it, trying to run you through with it's warped and rusted shard of iron.

However, your expert reflexes guide you away from the daggers deadly touch.

(Anastasia: You get an attack of opportunity; do you want to take it? If so, roll an attack roll, and then damage. I'll tell you if you managed to stab the goblin Very Happy )

- - - - - - - - -
If the Goblin in front of you is alive, for any reason.
Spoiler:

If you do a one hit kill on the goblin, if you take your attack of opportunity
Spoiler:

I's my job to man the front lines lassy! Ye scrawny form gotta do better at bobbin' and weavin' than just stayin' rooted 'ere! An Aye! 2 more to the rigt and left o' us! In them shadows!
He yells out. All the while standing with his shield raised scanning the room for foes.

- - - - - - - - -

So Anastasia, roll your attack of opprotunity, and John it is your turn. Followed by Emris, then Anastasia, followed by Ritz.

Also:
Spoiler:

ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm

(How many feet does it take to go through a empty square?)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm

(Just 5ft. Smile )

Epsil:
Spoiler:
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:32 pm

John moves forward, squeezing past Ana, before going diagonally to the right, so that he's now, before casting Flare on the Green Creature who's the farthest away from the party.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 pm

You dash over the words arcane already on your lips, but from out of a corner from the darkness, you see a hallway, and from that hallway a glint of steel appears and shafts itself into your arm for 2 points of damage.

Roll a Concentration check to maintain your casting.

If you succeed
Spoiler:

(I will update the map ASAP, I did plan that room and that goblin I assure you)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Concentration: 18 (I think I'm going to love having a high rank in that. Very Happy)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:35 pm

(That is a casters first necessity so you were right Very Happy . Knowledge Arcana? Nope. Spellcraft? Not entirely necessary. Concentration. 1st priority every time, which is why people never take feats for it. Easier just to pump the skill XD )

You manage to absorb the blow and keep the power flowing through you.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:20 pm

(Which dice do I roll to Attack?)
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:25 pm

(Standard 1d20, and add your attack bonus (Listed next to your dagger on your character sheet.) Then you roll damage (also listed next to your dagger on your character sheet. Remember, the 1d20 is used for everything, except Damage). And don't forget the Attack of opportunity you can take, and then you get your turn).)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Attack: 16
Damage: 2
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay, so As the Goblin initially charged toward her, she ducked and stabbed it, before Vorpalsheen had shoved it away.

So Anastasia, what are you doing next? You've just seen Raven get stabbed, and it seems there is a gap you could exploit and get a flanking position with the help of Vorpal. What is it you want to do?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 pm

I'd like to take the attack of opportunity.
The hit dice for fists is a d4, right? I can't remember.

Here's my attack roll: 16
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:29 pm

(d3 Actually, + Str Mod obviously)

Your fist manages to collide with its head (since you're so close, I'm fine with that attack letting you ignore the miss chance. Just this once Meh )
that it's shocked and steps back.
Roll initiative dude.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Init: 18

I also rolled for damage, in case you still need me to do that. I rolled a 4
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 am

Goblins 4
Mage: 7
Epsil: 18
- - - - - - -

Your fist leaps out, and you feel warm blood and the creature grunts in pain, but it just stumbles back.
Since you got an 18, it's your turn again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Party
Spoiler:

Ritz
Spoiler:

Adjustments for appropriate lighting changes due to John's change of position.

Anastasia, it's your turn.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 pm

(I don't know what to do now! D: Do I attack?)
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 pm

(Haha, generally yes Smile . You move as far as you'd like (up to 6 squares, certain patterns requiring more move than others, see one of the above posts by me, and once you are positioned where you want, attack. I pointed out some of the tactical actions you can take, but regardless, unless you have any more tactically sound ideas, you should Try to stab one of them.
Also, you get your attack roll from the goblin getting next to you (the one that, shortly afterwards, Vorpalsheen pushed, if you want to use it.
Remember 1d20 + attack bonus. I listed the stuff you could do I'n the post last made by me. But I'n direct answer to your question. You move where you want to, and attack Smile .)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Move two squares.
Attack: 19
Damage: 4
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm

(In which direction, pray tell?)

ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next