Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 8 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by CodastertheDisaster Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Epsil listens to the conversation, thouhh he doesn't make any further remarks. He decides to check if there is any other creatures nearby.
(What do I roll for track?)
Survival: 22
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 8 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Epsil: I see you rolled Survival, I presume it's for Track?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:45 am

While everyone is looking about and investigating, Ritz decides to listen to and look intently at the surroundings, sort of standing guard with Erimis by her side.

(Ritz gets an 11 for Listen and a 20 for Spot. Erimis gets a 10 for Listen and an 11 for Spot.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:21 pm

You notice the soft sound of wind drifting through a canopy, the faint dancing of leaves and the scattering of rabbits on the horizon line.
However, with the sun shining I'n a noon time shine, the heat making a faint haze wherever you look, you find no dangers as your partners search the forests many alleyways and uncarved paths.

Epsil: I'm going to assume Survival was for Track (which is what you roll for it).
As you look around the Wolves den you find what appear to be 3 sets of Wolves paws, various humanoid foot prints, and one that does not look like man nor beast, and it is faint among the forest floor, but leads northward deep into the forest.
They seem to almost be like the feet of a child, one with overly large feet, toes that are either crunched due to the bearer of these feet, or just fores floor decay, of that you are unsure, but the proportions for the creatures stride is that of a grown man, even If the actual distance is smaller than that.
What do you wish to do with this information?

Anastasia; Do you wish to help I'n the investigating?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:08 pm

I do.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 pm

How do you plan to help, Anastasia?
I posted a small list of checks you can roll to assist (and also how to help your compatriots I'n their endeavors).
So what are you doing precisely to help out?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Climb: 10

Search: 17

Anastasia climbs a tree to the very top and looks around.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:16 pm

You climb a tall and hearty Tree, Anastasia.

The Sap drips through your fingers and seeps onto your boots, as the bark digs against you as you ascend the tree with an elven grace, your eyes staring out far over the horizon line which blinds you for a moment, as the sun is directly overhead, like a spotlight, one obscured by the dense and stiff canopy you pushed through.

On the edge of the horizon, you see amongst the clouds and birds, a faint black trail that your elven eyes identify as smoke, and what seems to be the tip of a mountain on the edge of the horizon.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Anastasia saw the trail and climbed back down. "I see smoke in the east. I'm not sure what it's coming from. Epsil, want to go see where it's coming from?"
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Ritz can pick up some of the words of the others. Apparently they're discovering some things and still investigating. Before she had noticed that things were rather calm in the forest, and she takes pleasure in this fact even now, however, she is still keeping watch over things while the others finish up their work, her eyes trained on the surroundings with her ears trying to pick up any sounds that are threatening to them. Erimis aids her in this endeavor of course.

(Ritz gets a 27 for Spot and a 20 for Listen. Erimis gets a 12 for Spot and a 5 for Listen.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:58 pm

You focus on the very heart of the nature around you, your eyes are sharp, every single shimmer of breaking light is processed, and all the beauty around you is concentrated.

However, amongst the fluttering and the hushed muttering you hear something faint. Far away, but faint. A glint? A Gleam? A tooth? Red sockets from far across the way perhaps? You are unsure, but for a sheer instant, there is an odd shape that hid in the foliage a good 60, 70 feet away, that ran deep into the woods. Out of sight, and maybe not quite out of mind...
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Ritz blinks. "What on earth was that?" she mutters to herself causing Erimis who wasn't lucky enough to see it to instantly snap to attention. Ritz pats her leg indicating for Erimis to follow. She finds Raven and Vorpalsheen and tells them about what she saw. "Something is hiding in the foliage out there. It's quite a few yards off, but it's there," she explains. "And I don't think it's human."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Raven nods with a frown. Tell the others to get over here. He said, before starring out at the foliage. have a bad feeling about this.

Listen: 17

Spot: 19
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Ritz finds Anastasia and Epsil and lets them know what's going on, telling them pretty much the same thing she told Raven and Vorpalsheen. "Follow me and I'll take you to Raven. I think he's investigating further. If it moved any closer, he might notice it, but if it's still far off....I just don't know," she tells them, though she doesn't appear too unnerved. Instead, she heads off in Raven's direction hoping the others would follow.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Anastasia nods. There's a trail of smoke in the distance. We were actually about to go and investigate that.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Ritz pauses in her tracks. "Smoke? That's definitely a sign of something. Before going off, let's talk to Raven first to see what kind of info he and Vorpalsheen gathered," she says. With danger afoot in the forest, it would be safer to stick together.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:48 pm

(It was for track, yes. I'm sorry for my leave, I was supposed to have internet access this weekend but those plans obviously changed. I apologize.)

Epsil follows the inhuman tracks he sees.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:55 pm

John: It seems that anything Ritz spotted is not in your field of vision, as no bushes stir or twigs break as you stare out into the wilderness. At least. to what YOU can tell.

Epsil: Are you sure? Only because it seems Ritz called you over and such. Are you still going out or no? I'm fine either way, but just giving you a heads up.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm sure. He puts his hand up to signal he'll join her in a moment and begins to track the creature, bow in hand.
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Ritz shrugs her shoulders and lets him go. She's not interested in trying to divert him from doing what he was doing. Instead, she joins Raven. "Did you see anything?" she asks.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Epsil

Spoiler:
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:13 pm

He's sneaking.

Hide: 14

Move Silently: 16
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:18 pm

No...nothing. Raven said, a frown on his face. Something just didn't feel right to him.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:29 pm

"There's definitely something out there." Ritz is unfazed by the fact that Raven couldn't see it. "Erimis, keep your eyes out," she orders her companion as she takes a few steps forward and peers out into the foliage while keeping her ears open.

(Ritz gets a 24 in Spot and a 22 in Listen. Erimis gets a 21 in Spot and an 8 in Listen.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Ritz:

Spoiler:

Epsil:

Spoiler:
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next