Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce

+3
Big Uri
quackers are yummylicious
Espeonature
7 posters

Go down

Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce Empty Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce

Post by Espeonature Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:09 am

This is an idea that's been stewing for a while; I'd posted the thread on ZEJ but got a grand participating total of THREE members. I need at least 7 to begin. =( I thought I'd bring it here since there are more/different people and there may be more signups!

Long ago, in the continent of Makeivalo (ma-‘ke-va-lo), there was a creature of light called Syhelluce that lived to keep the continent safe from evil and disaster. It was considered a deity or a guardian angel by most cultures in the continent. A group of people even mastered the kind of magic the being used, and helped protect the land from disaster and evil. They were adept at their jobs – only too adept. Slowly, they wiped out any cause for major concern on the planet, leaving a ‘normal’ continent behind, were war, famine and destruction were very uncommon threats, where people lived peacefully, yet under pressure not to fight.

However, this kind of peace was not always the situation in this fair land. The main reason for Syhelluce’s arrival in Makeivalo was the lapsing of Makeivalo into utter chaos. This was the work of an evil shapeshifting daemon, which went by the name Deimos. A fitting name, for he caused panic throughout the land, with his huge army of barguests, sirens, banshees, furies and all things nasty from the nightmares of man. It took a decade for Syhelluce and its magicians to defeat Deimos and seal it and its demonic powers into a ruby. This ruby gained the name Fire Emblem, for in it flashed the fiery light of Deimos’ power. This Fire Emblem was consigned to the depths of the Aegis Caverns, a maze of stone deep beneath the theocracy of Eruhasa, guarded by elite Mage Lords and Archsages.
Syhelluce knew that the seal placed on Deimos would gradually weaken. Because Deimos thrived inhatred and chaos, Syhelluce guessed that chaos in the continent would attract the foul shapeshifting beast and help weaken the seal placed on it. The Light being warned the people about this, making sure that confusion did not prevail.

Devoid of the need to protect the land, Syhelluce contained itself in a tome and fell into a long and deep slumber. This tome was preserved in the Eruhasa and worshipped. The great art of the magic of Syhelluce died as well, because few people needed the protection.

To this day, a moderate yet tense peace pervades the land, and people do not war as often as they long before did. They worshipped the sleeping Syhelluce from their homes, hoping not to provoke fate into cursing them with danger and evil as it did with Deimos.

Yet, for all their praying, this did not work.

The five nations of Makeivalo are the anarchy of Arryon, the gynaecocracy of Bellwyn, the theocracy of Eruhasa, the diarchy of Tarin and the republic of Aelvalt. Arryon has always had a slightly stiff relationship with the other nations. Bellwyn and Aelvalt have always been allied nations, something that King and Queen Tarin never have approved of. However, no one has broken into outright war, in fear of one of the countries breaking the seal on the Fire Emblem, keeping Syhelluce’s warning in mind.

But strange phenomena were recorded in several parts of Makeivalo, including warped geography and odd weather. It started hailing in the Doan Desert in Tarin. Hot springs and glaciers coexisted in the peaks of icy Xyla Range, the tallest mountain range, situated in Aelvalt. It became warm in the night and cold in the day in a part of Eruhasa, and odd magnetic stones started surfacing in Bellwyn. Chaos ensued in the continent, with no one sure what to do.

And then, it struck everybody that the seal of the Fire Emblem was weakening. Noticing that the entire continent was thrown into a state of disarray, the Divine Ruler of Eruhasa, Riktor, strengthened patrols in the Aegis Cavern, and dispatched several diplomats and patrols all over the continent. Reacting to this, the other rulers, as well as the Council of Aelvalt,sent patrols as well to keep watch on the continent, to root out the source of the power apparently being fed to Deimos.

The rulers and select representatives of Arryon met to reason out a plan of action and uncover the truth of it all. While they elongate and complicate the procedure, the fearful people of Makeivalo elect an elite tactician to lead a group of select mercenaries from all over the continent to investigate the matter. Little do the team know the great lengths they would have to cover to be successful in their endeavour to prevent Deimos from rising.

And thus does the first volume of the saga begin.
Thus begins the Ascension of Syhelluce.

Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce Gameplay
Fire Emblem (Summoning): the Ascension of Syhelluce (FE1AS) is not a standard/traditional statplay. There are several different facets that mimic the original series, some of which are hard (for me at least) to explain without demonstration. As such, once it gets started, there will be a tutorial map to show you the ropes. And, rest assured, the Tactician (the GM) will guide you at other points and help you avoid horrible choices.

Due to the huge sizes of maps, a single chapter will be divided into many maps, usually two or three. As with other statplays, a single turn is divided into several phases – the Other Phase, Player Phase, the Foe Phase and the Partner Phase. To clarify, in a single turn, ‘Other’ units (units that are governed by the GM and the RNG, and cannot be Directed by the players) move first, then Player units (you, the main cast), then Foe units (obviously, the enemy) and lastly, Partner units (units who are Other units but can be ‘Directed’ – more on Direction later).

Then, you should know that weapons and magic tomes are preset in the game. Weapons and tomes will be available in armories. Staves are found in vendors, along with other useful materials. Remember that weapons have durability! At one point, weapons will break out of overuse - magic tomes will run out of power in the same way. You can fix weapons and magic later on, so don't worry if your all-important one of a kind weapon is going to break! ... Just make sure your favourite weapons don't break. You need them to have at least one use to fix them.
As with the main series, there are four + one types of weapons (swords, axes, lances, bows and knives) and five + one types of magic (light, dark, anima - fire, wind and thunder - as well as staves). The weapon triabgle works the same as in the main series but no the trinity of magic. Here, Wind beats Fire which beats Thunder which beats Wind. Anima beats Staves (which now have damaging powers) which beats Light and Dark. When Light and Dark face off, the one that initiates the round battle will beat the other.
Oh, and do note that by 'beat' I mean has a slight advantage when in battle.

The other important thing for you to know is that per Chapter, there needs to be one ‘head unit’ who is sort of ‘in charge’ of Direction of Partner units and of Seizing gates, thrones, etc. This unit is to be decided upon during unit preparation and will be given a special Skill (a Skill is like an R- or S-ability) called Delegate.[/align]

Oh, and do note that party members who 'die' will simply retire for the rest of the map and will be available for the next one. However they will receive slightly reduced XP.

A rough idea of classes:

Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce Classlist

If you have any questions do ask, I will be happy to clarify!

Espeonature

Mood : Lalala ieru kana?

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce Empty Re: Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Sounds like fun.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce Empty Re: Fire Emblem (Tome 1: Summoning) ~ the Ascension of Syhelluce

Post by Big Uri Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Sounds awesome. Played Shadow Dragon, that's about it.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:04 pm

No clue. I'll have to play a ROM of Fire Emblem. =w=;;
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:07 pm

You have a good emulator for GBA games, Poker? Cos' I was looking into playing Emerald. Never played any of Gen III.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:19 pm

VBA is really good.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Cheers.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm in.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation_Z3R0 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:31 pm

You lost me at "Fire Emblem"

Well, I'm in for a FE RP Very Happy
Creation_Z3R0
Creation_Z3R0

Back to top Go down

Post by Espeonature Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Woot, we've got five already! =D Thanks, aeveryone - we need just two more - actually, if only one more joins that's fine! ^_^

Espeonature

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

I could make two characters, if that'd work.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Espeonature Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 am

Well, we can see - if no one else joins in a while, someone could make two characters. =D

Also which subforum would the SU go under? I kind of confused by the forum set up. ^_^;

Espeonature

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 am

SU?
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Espeonature Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 am

SignUp thread. You know, where all the Profiles go.

Espeonature

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 am

Oh, you mean an OOC thread.

It's the sub-forum below this one.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Espeonature Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 am

^Oh. I'm generally accustomed to having separate threads for those but w/e. A thread will go up now!

Espeonature

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 am

Cool.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 am

You could make two threads in the OoC forum if you so wished, I'm presuming.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Espeonature Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm

^If that's not the norm, I would rather not - it would become a little cluttered and difficult.

Espeonature

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamezone Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Ohohoho, yes, I would very much enjoy playing this Statplay. Very Happy

<---One of the three from ZEJ who signed up earlier. >.>
Flamezone
Flamezone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down