Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 7 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

...Well...ya asked wha' I was fearin' 'bout dat...I've seen some groups with a habit for killin' folk, carvin' 'em up, and appeasin' tha' which shouldn't be usin' peoples blood for it.

He finally mutters under the facts floating around about this vial.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 7 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:22 pm

...We need to confirm this. Raven said. Ready to get back to work?
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 pm

"If you're investigating this matter, I wish to join you," Ritz states calmly, though she hates the fact that she has to cooperate with people. Still, whoever was manipulating those wolves...they needed to be taken out. "Not to be insulting, but it would seem that you could use as much help as you could get," she puts bluntly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes, this is true. Raven said, before nodding to Ritz. We would be most thankful for the help.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Anastasia looked at her companion for advice. You're not thinking of joining them, are you? she whispers.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:33 pm

(Everyone can roll Listen to catch Anastasia's comment)

(Vorpal got 13; hears nothing)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:35 pm

(4)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm

(You hear nothing sad to say Sad )
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Epsil watches the other three for a moment, and nods at his companions question. "I intend to, yes."
He steps forward, extending a hand to the Half-Elf. "I am Epsil Tel'Nyra."
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:50 pm

(Ritz didn't listen in.)

Ritz is surprised that the other elves were planning on joining the investigation as well. She wonders what ambitions they had such that they would be willing to do something like this.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Epsil, are you mad? I'll end up killing that stupid dwarf! Anastasia hisses at him, this time in Elven.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Vorpalsheen chuckles at the threat that the Elf with the knife suggests

Aye. That'd be the day, missy. Next ya'll tell me ya're gonna start working a forge, and somehow grow a real beard.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 am

Epsil raises a hand to try and calm his companion. "Did it not start rough with us? Give it a chance. You may come to find companionship in the dwarf," he replied in Elvish.

Diplomacy: 20
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 am

Epsil: Your words hold a sense of sense, and seem to reach Anastasia somehow, and warm her to the idea somehow.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 am

Anastasia sighed. You're right... But for right now, I still don't like him. I'll come with you, but only for you, Epsil. She folded her arms and scowled.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 am

"It looks like you may have gotten more than you bargained for, Raven," Ritz stated simply, scratching Erimis behind the ears. "Where do we go from here?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:43 am

Raven nodded, glad to have extra help. We continue from where me and Vorpalsheen left off. He said.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 am

Well lad, that don't mean much sad to say. We go' into da forest, found these folk and killed na' demons but wolves. Where we goin' now? Where'er we goin', it migh' relate back to dat little vial of dark ritual in yur finger tips. So ya know I'm supportin' it.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:06 pm

We search around a bit more, for clues, and then head back. Raven said. I'm not sure if these wolves were the only ones attacking, so if we don't find anything, I'm going to suggest to the priest that we stand guard at night, just to be sure.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:56 pm

(If you'd like you can roll Search (Int Based), to look around the area and look for more stuff. Survival to not get lost in the surrounding woods and wander around, Knowledge to try to remember things about the area. Tell me what you want to learn and I'll tell you what knowledge skill needs to be rolled for it. Gather Info and the 4 Main Social skills (Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff. and Sense Motive) to ask key persons what's what.

Also: Epsil has Track which lets him use Survival to, well, track things. Like Wolves)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Search: 23
Survival: 14
Knowledge: 17
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:11 pm

(For the knowledge, what are you trying to figure out? Are you trying to figure out the lay out of the surrounding forestry (Geo), Magical Hot spots (Arcane), Major Events (History), etc. etc.

You tell me what you want to figure out.

Also, you can only roll a knowledge skill you're trained in, otherwise all you'll be able to access is Common Knowledge (DC 10). So preferably choose one you have trained or it'll be of little use. )

Also:

As Vorpalsheen stares over the rusty pieces of chain, inspecting link by link he says

Aye...shame... I can't tell quite what it be, but...it ain't made by no humans dwarves or pointy ears b'fore. Too Shoddy. Might be some savage critters tryin' to make iron, but they do a piss poor job they did...

Last edited by ExtravagantEvil on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Geo, and I forgot I had a plus 3 in that, so it's a 20.

I'll also roll for Arcane (Have both).

Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 pm

(Actually dude, you undersold your self, Your Know Geo and Arcana bonus is +6! :O. (Ranks + Int)

If you forgot to add in that second +3 to both of those that is a 23 and 19 on your checks respectively (unless you added that in) Next time though, tell me the general information you want and I'll tell you what to roll. It lets me know what info. to give you)

You seem to recall that there Is in fact a mountian range in this region, one of the spires of which does seem to hop several dozen miles away from the rest of the chain into the heart of the forest, and that it'll slowly get colder as you migrate north, it'll be a good 3 hours of a hike to get there.

In the field of Magical theory you recall very little about the surrounding land scape. There seems to be nothing particularly magical about the surrounding fields or forests or mountains to warrant a recording in the Libraries of Wizardly Lore.

As you search around the Den, you find little that the cursory search of the corpses did not already find, you find what appears to be some sort of now decayed food stuff left in a back corner, it might be some kind of animal leg, or that of a man. It is hard to tell (Roll Heal to identify, if you'd like.)

(I'll update Survival after anyone else rolls it).

Also
Aid Another actions: You can help someone on a Skill Check, unless I say otherwise. You roll a DC 10 for the check involved (Bluff, Heal, Climb, whatever), and you give the person you are aiding a +2 on their check.

Last edited by ExtravagantEvil on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:31 pm

I choose to consult the map we found, and try to locate the mountain that was circled.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next