Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oblivion Phantasy ~ Grimoire of Fate 【RP Thread】

+2
Book the Hero
Chiasma
6 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oblivion Phantasy ~ Grimoire of Fate 【RP Thread】 - Page 4 Empty Re: Oblivion Phantasy ~ Grimoire of Fate 【RP Thread】

Post by Book the Hero Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

"So..." Jet said, getting up. "Miss Naina, would you like any assistance with getting back to Zeleni?"
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Oblivion Phantasy ~ Grimoire of Fate 【RP Thread】 - Page 4 Empty Re: Oblivion Phantasy ~ Grimoire of Fate 【RP Thread】

Post by Eebit Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:22 pm

Having finished her relatively small portion of a meal, Lissa realized that she hadn't yet given young Naina her name. "Oh, I'm Lissa. Good to meet you, Naina!" She wore a warm smile on her face. Alice still seemed rather intimidated by the group, but Lissa figured it was just nerves. Jet, on the other hand, seemed to be warming up nicely - perhaps almost too nicely - to Naina. Lissa smirked at the thought, but didn't pursue it out loud.

"Jet raises a good point. We could use some guidance on where we are going..." she realized at that point in her statement that Naina also had no clue where they were, "Well... I guess it never hurts to travel in a group. Beats travelling alone. And as they say. The more, the merrier!" She really did enjoy travelling with these people, even though she didn't know much about them. They were good battle partners; they fought like clockwork. And certainly, they could only improve from here on in.

"So I suppose that our next order of business is returning to Zeleni? Hopefully we don't run into any more Mandragoras... I'm in no mood to become plant food. Not in this lifetime, at least."
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kakuzato Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Naina gave a light, half-hearted smile as her new allies, even if they now seemed to be more bodyguards than real allies for the moment, offered to take her back to Zeleni. As a single tear of joy flowed down her cheek, her smile turned upwards even more. She stood up, dancing a little out of the pure amount of happiness coursing through her. It was rare for people to be this kind to a perfect stranger. Especially if they were to consider how strange it was for a young girl to be wandering alone in a forest.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" she exclaimed, scurrying towards the girl with the pitchfork, Lissa, in preparation for a hug: the only way she could find to really express her gratitude. In her opinion, nobody could refuse a hug in gratitude.
The Kakuzato
The Kakuzato

Back to top Go down

Post by Eebit Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Lissa could not help but let out a laugh as Naina started to dance. It was a funny sight - this young girl being so overjoyed at an act of kindness that Lissa herself had thought to be entirely natural. Without any more warning, Naina rushed over to Lissa for a hug, arms outstretched and everything. Lissa was slightly caught off guard, but returned the gesture by meeting the girl in the embrace. "Hey, it's not a problem. We'd love to help you get home, anyways!" Chuckling, she looked over at her companions before letting go of Naina, "Wouldn't we, guys?"
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Alice nodded reluctantly in agreement with Lissa. While she didn't entirely trust these people yet, it seemed like the best way to find civilization would be to come with them. Once they reached a town, she could continue in her travels. "I don't mind," she said aloud.
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:04 pm

"Of course." Jet said with a smile, stretching out his arms.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiasma Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Distortion rippled across reality as the party, who were ready to depart to the peaceful town of Zeleni, felt yanked to the exact opposite direction as a chain surging with intense energy materialized from their bodies--a pull that was beyond even physical or magical--converging into a certain object that quickly flew out of a pocket in the Spirit Invoker's clothing, a solitary scarlet shackle which merged with the ethereal , colorless bond, immediately tinting it an intense scarlet. It was not an ordinary metal, it was not even tangible, but the force which prevented the four to leave was strong. The rest of the levitating chain flashed into existence, snaking throughout the foliage of Seneste Forest in a rather erratic route, just to disappear within the darkness of it, as if beckoning--no, commanding the group to go deeper into the dangerous forest. The scarlet thread ceased to exist several second later, leaving only the singular shackle, which fell innocently in the moist grass. Fate had better plans for them, it seemed.
Chiasma
Chiasma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eebit Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Her previously contented demeanour had evaporated, as Lissa felt the tug coming from her very being... beckoning her deeper into the hostile forest. The chain appeared to be a tangible object protruding from the cores of each of the companions, seemingly laying out a course for them to follow. She was slightly confused, and even when the chain vanished, she could still feel the dull ache in her being that seemed like some sort of calling. Her first instinct was to flee in the opposite direction, but she felt as though the shackle would simply make itself more apparent to her. Lissa was frightened. Shaken to the very core.

So many questions arose within her: Where did that come from? Why am I the source of that red shackle? When did I get it...? she wondered if it had been planted on her before she woke from the sleep that had introduced her to the allies she was presently with. She blankly stared at the space where the chain had been just moments prior, wondering to herself just what the source was of the pangs in her being...

Suddenly, she shook her head - a look of pained resolve crossed her face. "Did you all feel that too?" she asked her allies, fearful that they too were feeling the ache. "I am truly sorry if you did. The chain... I just... I didn't..." She was at a loss for words. She couldn't think of the words to apologize for this... thing that she had been entirely unaware of.

But one thing was for sure.

"I can't explain it... but we need to follow the chain."
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Jet was silent for a long time, his eyes wide from what he just saw, before finally getting a hold of himself, and turning to Lissas. "...You sure?"
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Alice was shaking slightly, staring down at her chest where the chain had once been. Why, oh why did she have to have gotten involved with these people? It hurt... It hurt a lot. Pain wasn't good. Pain was never good.

She heard Lissa speak, but the words didn't connect in her head. She just kept staring at where the chain had been, desperately wishing to go home.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kakuzato Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:46 pm

The surge of energy startled Naina. She felt as if she was being pulled the opposite direction from which the group was about to go, leading deeper into the forest. Looking towards the rest of the group with a slight grimace, she found that they were equally surprised. Then, Lissa surmised what the energy was trying to tell them -- they had to follow the chain. Sure, it would lead away from much needed rest, but they would not get much rest from it if they ignored it anyway. It would be tugging at them constantly.

Naina gave an exaggerated nod. Her face puckered in her grimace as she turned towards the rest of the group.
"My magic is no replacement for rest," Naina said quietly, hoping that the rest of the group would hear, "but I could help you guys along. It won't do any good to ignore this; it'll keep nagging at us until we follow it. I don't know about you, but I don't like things nagging at me!"
The Kakuzato
The Kakuzato

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Jet sighed. "...Ok then." He said. "Let's follow it."
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiasma Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Naina joined the Party!

The group composed of Lissa the Spirit Invoker, Alice the Travelling Musician, Jet the Magic Knight and Naina the Herbalist set off to follow the enigmatic route the scarlet chain had commanded them to follow. The vegetation increased in density as they continued to travel towards an uncertain direction or goal, choking the relatively small walking space and severely reducing visibility. They would feel yanked back into another direction every now and then as the mysterious shackle triggered the ethereal mechanism, correcting their course to wherever it wanted for them to go. The natural symphony of wild animals had stopped several minutes ago as they ventured further into the unknown, sinister depths of Seneste Forest which, unbeknownst to them, happened to be exceedingly dangerous. Soon, they came across an area which had a stream of crystalline water crossing it, with a peculiar mushroom sitting ominously by the end. It seemed to be a conglomeration of white, thick vines with a slight tinge of green which twisted into a stem, to further split at the top and form a globular, irregular cap with several holes on it, revealing a dark beyond.

The party stopped to rest to quench their thirst, but stopped abruptly as something moved among the trees. As two Mandragora peeked around the plants that had concealed their small root-bodies, they felt relieved somehow, for two of them would be easy to dispose of. Their relief faded away to oblivion as they noticed that, in the distance, humanoid trees slowly approached the scene, branched limbs filled with leaves dragging along the grass and dirt as they slowly made their way, making themselves known. Faces contorted into expressions of annoyance and disgust, the Treants were quite displeased at their sudden intrusion to the deepest parts of the forest, despite normally being peaceful creatures. Readying themselves to fight, the group of four noticed a flash of unnatural red amidst the trees, which drew their attention. The fungus appeared to periodically light up from the inside with an unearthly red glow as its vines firmly rooted to the ground detached themselves with little effort, revealing the sickening sight of a human corpse reduced to decay beneath it--an unlucky traveler who had perished to such monster. It moved forward in an awkward manner, stopping directly in front of the crumpled mess of lifeless cloth and bone... Scanning for its prey. Of course, the party would have fight, once again.

Chapter I ~ II: Twist of Fate

Objective: Defeat the Enemy Units!

Atmosphere: Embrace of Nature: Water and Nature Elemental Damage Output +20%.

Party Limit: 0/4

Music: Earth Painting

-----~---~---~-----

{ } { } {t} { } {c} {t} {b} {t} {t} A
{t} { } { } { } {E} { } { } { } {R} B
{A} {t} { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} C
{ } { } {b} { } { } { } {t} { } { } D
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {b} { } E
{~} { } { } {B} { } {P} { } { } { } F
{~} {~} { } { } { } {t} { } { } {t} G
{~} {~} { } {t} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {~} {~} { } { } { } { } {t} { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-

Enemy Side:
Legend Cells:

Starting Zones have been Set

((OoC: Starting Zones are technically the same as when I announce the Starting Cells before an encounter--every individual gold-colored Cell is an available starting position for any character, unless specified.))

Last edited by Chiasma on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiasma
Chiasma

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Jet starts at H5.

Last edited by Book the Hero on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Alice starts at H3.

Alice paled slightly at the sight of the decomposing corpse, about ready to empty the contents of her stomach into the nearby shallow water. Why did they have to keep running into these monsters? It was all Jet's fault. He probably smelled like monster food, or something.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Eebit Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 am

{Lissa starts at I5}

Lissa surveyed what would have been a picturesque scene that had been laid out before the group, spoiled only by the decaying corpse. The water was clean and untouched, and the trees made the scene quite beautiful on the canvas of land... however it was not meant to be, for more Mandragoras had decided to reveal themselves, along with a myriad of other monsters. Lissa's pitchfork was in her hand almost instantaneously, as she noticed Alice looking somewhat pale, even by Lissa's own standards.

"Alice, are you feeling okay...?" Lissa called out to the girl, not wanting her to have to suffer in silence. Jet seemed to be rather stoic in front of her, so she did not worry about him. The musician seemed much more frightened than she had before, and this concerned Lissa. I got them into this mess... I need to do my best to help them out of it.
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiasma Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Party Limit: 3/4

-----~---~---~-----

{~} { } { } {B} { } {P} { } { } { } F
{~} {~} {A} {t} {J} { } { } { } { } H
{ } {~} {~} { } {L} { } { } {t} { } I

Ally Side:
Enemy Side:
Legend Cells:

~ Ally Phase I ~
Chiasma
Chiasma

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Alice moves to F3 (H3 - G3 - F3) and uses Basic Attack on Bienena for Int damage.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Jey moves to F5 (H5-G5-F5) And uses Slash on Bienena for 9 ATK damage. 17 MP left.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Eebit Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

{Lissa moves to I4 [I5 - I4]}
{Lissa uses Spirit Pyre on Bienena (F4). 6 Fire INT Damage! Chance of Burn!}
<MP: 16/25>

Alice seemed okay, which was a relief to Lissa... however, Naina was nowhere in sight. Perhaps the last encounter with the Mandragoras had proved too frightening for her... Lissa did not know, but she knew that the monsters would not wait for them to look for their young companion. Her companions were oddly silent as they leapt into the fray, as many sometimes do... but there was something at the back of Lissa's mind, telling her They're upset with you, Lissa. You dragged them into this. It's your fault Naina is missing again, and your fault that Alice and Jet are stuck here.

She shook her head, trying to shake herself of these thoughts. She simply wanted to be home... wherever that was. Away from the Mandragoras. Away from the monstrosities of the forest. Without warning, she let out a howl and released a powerful flame from deep within her pitchfork. The small pyre whisked its way through the forest, darting through nature itself until it exploded on contact with the closest Mandragora. "This is for you, my friends..." she muttered under her breath, "Hopefully you will forgive me... someday."
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiasma Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Party Limit: 3/4

-----~---~---~-----

Alice +0.5 X Levels!
X Gauge: {//////////}

Jet +0.5 X Levels!

Lissa +1 X Level!

-------

Bienena takes 6 Damage.
HP: 9/15

Bienena takes 3 Damage.
HP: 6/15

Bienena takes 8 Fire Damage, Weakness!!
HP: -2/15

Bienena KO!

Jet +1 X Level!

Lissa +1 X Level!

{~} { } {A} { } {J} {P} { } { } { } F
{ } {~} {~} {L} { } { } { } {t} { } I

~ Enemy Phase I ~

Plotus attacks Jet! 6 Damage.

Jet takes 2 Damage.
HP: 23/25

Plotus moves to F7 (F6 - F7).

-------

Arbor moves to D2 (C1 - D1 - D2).

Arbor uses Branch Throw on Alice! 8 Damage.
MP: 9/15

Variance Value: +10%!

Alice takes 4 Damage.
HP: 21/25

-------

Raema moves to B7 (B9 - B8 - B7).

Raema waits...

-------

Espora waits...

{t} { } { } { } {E} { } {R} { } { } B
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} C
{ } {A} {b} { } { } { } {t} { } { } D
{~} { } {A} { } {J} { } {P} { } { } F
{ } {~} {~} {L} { } { } { } {t} { } I

Ally Side:
Enemy Side:
Legend Cells:

~ Ally Phase II ~

Last edited by Chiasma on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiasma
Chiasma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kudamon Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

Commotion nearby. Two pale gold ears pricked forward as the kitsune raised her head to focus on the noise. Someone was... fighting the beings of the forest? If so, that wasn't surprising. The plant-creatures were defensive of their territories and didn't like human intrusion. But the travelers, if that they were, may need help... Jizara ran towards the source of the noise.

She came across, indeed, a group of three combating with a toadstool, two treants, and two mandragora, one of which had just fallen. They were still outnumbered, however, and Jizara intended her aid. She stepped forward slightly, unfolding the fan she carried readily. "Would you three care for some help?" She asked, loud enough for them to hear.

[Jizara starts at I7]

(here's hoping I didn't screw up my entrance lol)
Kudamon
Kudamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Jet paused, hearing a voice approach, from the other side of the tree he was near, but unable to see them. He wasn't sure who they were, but he and his companions would need help. "Yes, help would be much appreciated, madame." He replied, having recognized the voice as female.

Jet moves to F6, and activates Mana Surge.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Alice waits...

Alice stayed still, trying not to look at the corpse. If she didn't think it was there, then it wouldn't be there, right? She wasn't quite sure what to do next, since all she could think about was the dead body...
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Eebit Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:49 pm

{Lissa moves to G5 [I4 - I5 - H5 - G5]}
{Lissa uses Spirit Pyre on Plotus (F7). 6 Fire INT Damage! Chance of Burn!}
<MP: 7/25>

Caught off guard, and stream of thought broken, Lissa cast her gaze upon the newcomer. She seemed willing to help, and Lissa was more than happy to receive anything. Sighing in relief, she reiterated Jet's point, saying "I think I can agree with Jet here. Help would be lovely..." She looked over at Alice, who seemed oblivious to the assault she was taking from the normally peaceful treant. "Alice? Are you doing alright?" she called, before turning to the newcomer, "Could you help her? She's been unresponsive since we got here... And have you, by any chance, seen a little girl around? We've sort of lost her..."

Last edited by Eebit on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next