Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Raven takes a cup, and takes a sip from. He then turns to his companion. I suppose we should head for the tavern now.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I guess, grumbles Sir Vorpalsheen
Peaches aren't gonna make real drinks, but it'll do.

With that I presume you walk over the Tavern?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Yep.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 pm

You walk down the street and hear the muffled conversation of the townsfolk inside of Derry Dolka's Tavern, stepping inside there is a warm feeling and a strong smell of alcohol and fruit, townsfolk young and old are wearing stiff and religious garb, ritualistically praying over their drinks at tables. The warm air of the tavern lends itself to shared conversation, and the happy looks on the townsfolk as the peach cherry rolls like waterfalls, and the people look happy.

You see a red faced middle aged man, with a warm smile who is the grand dispenser of all the fine drinks of the smoothest pink.

Various people look at you and lightly raise their glasses, while some pray fervently. The tender of the bar smiles, andyou hear a hearty laugh call you over to the barfront.

Vorpalsheen mutters "If only the alcohol looked as proper as the party...".
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:59 pm

They can't always be great, sir Vorpalsheen, come on, let's go. Raven said, before heading over to where the laugh was coming from.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 pm

The Bartender, looks at you and says

Travellers is it? Why, we have so few in here these days. Elhonna be praised all the same. Tell me, what brought you 'round these parts.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 pm

We were just passing through actually, but we've decided to stay for a bit, and help out. Raven explained.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:03 am

His once dapper and happy expression, are toned down as you say that you're here to help.
Let me guess, the priest convinced you into it? It's a tragedy what's been happening. Listen, just be careful around him...I think he's got something up his sleeve about this.

This point he slowly whispers, bending in close so no one else hears.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 am

Raven frowns, nodding slowly, before whispering back. I see...we'll be on our toes then.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Personally, I think it's just to get people back to his stupid idea of not using smart tools. Childish, but apparently, using something more complex than a hoe and an axe is heretical., he whispers further.

Sir Vorpalsheen seems to have a grimace as he sits, listening closely, some sort of verbal whiplash hiding behind the cage of his closed lips.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Raven nodded silently, before noticing his companion. Something wrong, Sir Vorpalsheen?
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 pm

He gives a short grunt of dismissal, but he seems to come off as frustrated about something.

((OOC: If you'd like you can roll Sense Motive to understand his body language, and what he means by the grunt more specifically.
1d20 + Wis Mod))
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 pm

(I get an 18 in total.)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:39 pm

You realize from your somewhat vague knowledge of Dwarvish culture that he has something he wants to talk about later, and is trying to stop himself from unleashing some Dwarven anger at the Bartender.

One of the random citizens says
Greetings fair travellers, Elhonna Bless. Tell me, what is the world like beyond our fair city these days? Our last traveller came by some years ago. And we're honored that the Prophecy that the good father made is being fulfilled!

He makes a small reverent gesture, and mutters a small chant under his breath on the end of that, the townsman is a tall gaunt and lanky fellow, with an upturned chin and a simple work in his eyes and suntanned skin with long and calloused fingers.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Raven nods to Vorpalsheen, understanding, before beginning to recount tales of his home city to the citizen.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:40 pm

As he listens on, he stairs in wide eyed interest, taking in what you say.

Thank you, I'm sure my fair wife will be happy to know of the world, and Elhonna bless, I do hope that you can save us from the monsters that crowd the night outside our village.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Raven nodded. We're glad we could help.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Okay, so what do you wish to do.

The Bar continues to bustle as people toss you occasional glances, some of worry and others of warm acceptance, the smell of soft peaches is inviting and the chairs of soft oak wood call you for a seat.

Songs of reverence are being sung, and even as the night drifts on the people pray with distinct reverence at most instants when they are not talking about crops or joking about.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Can we get something to eat?
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm

You can ask the Bartender, and he tells you

Well'p, we don't have much in terms of food back here...this town mostly being made of folk who work hard to grow their food, though unlike the Avemarles think, we could be a bit smarter about it, regardless; no one has much to offer the food stores of the old celebratory spot o' mine. I do have some ham legs in the back I kept smoked in the back. Maybe some extra peaches and carrots.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Would it be ok if we had some of that? Raven asked, referring to the ham.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Sir Vorpalsheen gives a nod and says

Aye, it'd be good to have some real meat set out for us to eat after a good days travel.

The bartender's full face, red as a cherry, turns up in a smile and says

Well of course, 2 gold coins on this table here and I'll toss you each a serving. I might only have 3 or 4 at most, and if you want any more after that, you might just have to work with some of the folks 'round here for a fair share. But I reckon you have to fend off the demons from outside and all that.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Raven set down two gold coins. One serving please.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:00 am

He lays down 2 steaming plates of fruits, vegetables, and fruit, the first good meal you've seen in days.

Sir Vorpalsheen drops down a coin or two, and begins to dig in.

Now, what do you plan to do for the rest of the evening? For night grows late and some of the tavern goers yawn and slink off, as they have a hard day of work ahead of them, and given the prophecy of Elhonna, so do you.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:03 am

Raven chooses to go to bed early. They'll need all their strength tomorrow, and they'll need to get up early, to prepare.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next