Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by ExtravagantEvil Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:50 am

You awake bright and early the next day, the sun has just began it's skyward journey, Sir Vorpalsheen already dons his armor, preparing for the Night's demons.

You spend some time getting your spells prepared (choose them as your spells per day allows), and as you get ready to leave you see that his Fatherly High Priest-ship steps down into the basement, with a hopeful look on his face for the night to come

How did you sleep? and may your war tonight go by Elhonna's path.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:25 pm

(I'd like to keep the spells I have.)

Good morning, we slept well last night. We'll have your problem solved, by this time tomorrow.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh thank the goddess, Elhonna chose right sending you here!

They attack when the sun goes down usually, we were lucky yesterday, everyone stayed inside like I said, but we still lost sheep last night. My Dear Son told me that he stayed guard duty and tried to take out a couple, and he said they run towards the Dark woods every night, after they slaughter our sheep and our men.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Raven nods. You need not worry anymore, it ends tonight.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:08 pm

He Nods and says

Elhonna bless your decisions, and may your life reap a bountiful harvest, come fall or winter, spring or summer.

With that he steps away, and heads upstairs, what do you wish to do?

Spoiler:
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:26 pm

I wish to speak to my companion about what he wanted to say the previous night.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

He looks up at you and goes
Huh. Well, you may not know much about this, coming from those pointy ears parents, but we Dwarves value authority, loyalty. That bartender, is the one bartender I don't like. Where does he get off complaining about the Father of this place. They work hard, and I like that. Had to keep myself from getting into an old brawl of honor like back at the ol' fort. *sigh*
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Raven nodded, finally understanding. I understand, sir Vorpalsheen. Honestly, we haven't been in this village long enough for me to have an opinion on what he said. But this place does pique my interest. I have this weird feeling in my gut, that we're missing something important here...
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Aye, how about we take care of the wolves, and maybe do some askin' around? I ain't one for the bigger folk generally, so I think ye should do the talkin'.

Sir Vorpalsheen whispers to you, his beard tickling you slightly as he leans in

This dissent ain't healthy lad, especially for a town like this lad. It's nice, and arguin' ain't improved anyone in a nice situation.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Raven nodded, whispering back. Kay...I'll handle the talking. But first, let's take care of those wolves.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Aye, any excuse to wipe out dangers to society be good enough for me.

What do you want to do now? Nightfall won't come for a good 12 hours, and you have a small village to wander about for the time.

Do you want to start your investigation a trifle early, or what?
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 pm

I would to investigate.

Raven begins going around town, trying to discreetly gather information.

(Should I make a role for something?)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:03 am

You can roll gather information: 1d20+Charisma modifier+ranks in G.I.
OR you can make it more one on one role/roll play encounters by looking for specific people and roll Bluff/Diplomacy/Sense Motive/Intimidate, as the investigation calls for it.

Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate all operate the same as Gather Information, while Sense Motive operates on Wisdom modifiers.

It's your call, I'm fine with either option, and if one fails you, you can go to the other.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 am

I'll start with a gather information check.

15 + 0(Chr) = 15
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:40 am

((Note: Since you are a Half elf, you get +2 to that. Make that a 17.))

Over the course of the morning, you ask everyone from small children, to the occasional town guard, lucky to be alive since the incidents that have struck the town, and the citizens as they change out farmers tools, forging aprons, or kegs of Peach sherry, even a couple stepping out from a sermon. The sun now nears it's peak in it's celestial journey, and you gathered the following over 5 hours investigating.

You manage to piece it together quite well.
The town seems to be suffering an ideological schism.
The Dolka family, generally, wants the town to use more advanced technology than backhoes to do their labor. They say that having more advanced tools is something to help make their survival less risky and more sustainable.

The Avemarle family disagrees, saying that it would lessen the reason they do their work, a strength of spirit, and that laziness is a sin of Elhonna. Some of the elder Avemarles say that since the Dolka's agreed to the Grand Pilgrimage they made that they should live by the tenants initially laid down when they arrived.

Some of the Dolka family believe that the Good Father has gone so far as to insight the Demon attacks to quell the Dolka's dissent. They say this under hushed breath of course, lest they become ostracized entirely.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:48 am

So, it appears to be a matter of feuding families, over what is best for the village. Raven said, once they were alone. The Dolka's suspect the good Father is behind the attacks...We should keep an open eye, and an open mind tonight, we could learn something that could show us the truth.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Aye, that's a good idea. We've still got a whole afternoon to be using. I say, since them demons or what not come from the forest we investigate and catch 'em off guard.

He says with vigor, and a passionate zeal.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Raven nodded. Ok, then let's go.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:08 am

You march on to the forest wood, as people wave to you and send many blessings as you walk past fields, towards the dark and ever dominating forest, where the sun seems blocked by the Evergreen Canopy, and faces faintly lurk in every patch of empty darkness.

OOC: So, how do you plan on doing this?
First thing first: Roll Survival to find your way around here.
Survival is based on your Wisdom Modifier, and if you don't feel confident enough in your ability to succeed at this on your own, you can "aid another", you'll just need to roll 10 or higher on Survival and you can give Sir Vorpalsheen a +2 on his Survival.

Do you want to try to sneak up on the wolves or forgo Hiding and Moving Silently and just barge in on the Demons guns a blazing? Sneaking might be hard given that the Cleric is wearing clunkier armor.

So, what's your game plan?

ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:14 am

E: *I've opted to do what I've been doing* 12

I choose to assist Vorpalsheen with his.

I choose that we try to sneak up on them. If that fails, we go with plan B.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:13 am

What's Plan B?

And Okay: You'll try sneaking around,
okay roll hide and move silently, both of which are dexterity based.
These will be opposed by Listen and Spot checks from anything in the forest.

[roll]1d20+2[/roll]

EDIT: I was afraid the code wouldn't work, so I'll use the Dice Roller as I'm too lazy to grab my dice,
He got a 13 +5 (aid another and wisdom mod) = 18.

So, with a mixture of brains and observations, you manage to get through the woods without getting lost.
And for Hide and Move Silently Sir Vorpalsheen, his shield and armor dragging him down, glinting at every dappled bit of sunlight, and clanking like a knight should he gets a 7 on Hide, and a 6 on Move Silently.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 pm

13 - 1 for Hide, 19 - 1 for Move Silently.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:08 pm

You creep forward slowly, as you expertly cooperate in navigating the forest.

Then, you arrive upon what appears to be a small wolves den, 3 wolves seem to be sleeping on a small patch of dirt, but as Sir Vorpalsheen hops the last several steps it seems his armor, one of them turns open awake, and as it moves around it notices the faint gleam of Vorpalsheens armor, and it howls awaking it's 2 cohorts, all of them having blood on their lips.

OOC: Just remember running away is always a legitimate strategy, and can be useful at times.

So now, I will declare that initiative is to be rolled!
(initiative determines the order combat flows in, and it allows things to be kept orderly. Like the fight order in Persona 3 and F.F.
Initiative is 1d20 + Dex mod.
and for this I am not using a grid due to the free form nature of a forest for this combat.

You can move at 30ft per combat round, and Sir Vorpalsheen can hop a good 20.

Wolves got a 21 in initiative
and Sir Vorpalsheen got a 19.

Also: For purposes of tactics you are 30 feet away from the wolves den, and they are all in the same little 15ft by 15ft square for purposes of targeting spells.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Raven gets a 5 in initiative.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 pm

OOC: Wow. That sucks sad to say Sad.

Okay. so the three wolves begin by swiftly jumping towards the shiny dwarf, for until they see you move or they are in melee range of you, are hidden.

They howl and swiftly dart amongst the forest logs, treating what would be, lumbering over the wood and logs and broken rocks with agility, abandoning their den in search of an early breakfast.

The first wolf tackles straight into Sir Vorpalsheen, trying to take a bite out of him by the ankle and over turn him, the wolf digs into the dwarfs ankle and flips him onto his back, despite the dwarves weight and stocky figure.
(4 points of Damage to Vorpalsheen; now at 6 HP (originally 10) )

The next 2 swarm up and keep trying to attack him and bite off pieces
one seems to stumble over a loose rock as it tries to get to Vorpalsheen and fumbles missing him, while the second one manages to nick and bruise him with teeth for 2 Damage, (4 HP out of 10).

He tries to bash one in the head as he lays on the ground (-4 to attack rolls), and manages to give it a healthy bash in the nose, and stands up, pushing off the wolves as he is now surrounded at all sides.

Wolf 1 Takes 6 Points of Damage.
Wolf 2 and 3 Unharmed.

Raven, your go. Decide what you want to do wisely and hope.

ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next