Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

5 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 5 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Masquerade Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Ritz sighs in displeasure. She has been caught and isn't really happy about it, nor is she pleased with the dwarf's words. She has a mind to kill him, but there's no point in causing a commotion; it is obvious there is some confusion. As such, she steps out from hiding, gesturing for Erimis to follow her and to stand down.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I would not command animals to attack people. It only brings the wrath of people upon the animals. This one is with me; I've ordered him to stand down and he shall," she explains herself.

As she said, Erimis is sitting calmly next to her, though he is still alert to his surroundings.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time. - Page 5 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons, Saving the World 1 XP at a time.

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 am

Please, forgive my companion, we just want to settle this peacefully, if we can. Raven said, trying to be as reasonable, and diplomatic as possible.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 am

(John, Roll Diplomacy. Shows whether you manage to safely convince him (and other listeners perhaps) that your Dwarven friend isn't pure crazy)

Vorpalsheen leans over and whispers to John

(Ritz, Anastasia, Ep., you can roll listen to pick this up)

You can't trust what he's sayin, tryin' to let our guards down. Hell lad, you see he's got a wolf wit' him, he must be the one these chains belong too lad.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 am

Ritz glares at the dwarf intently. He's whispering something to his comrade, so she tries to catch wind of what he's saying.

(Ritz gets a 15 for Listen.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 am

Anastasia comes out of her hiding spot after the unknown elf does. She glares at the dwarf. "I suggest you watch your mouth you pathetic little dragonsnot." she snapped before raising her dagger at the human. "And you. You make one wrong move and I will kill you slowly and painfully you stupid human. You will play no tricks on me and you will not hurt a single elf or else your head will be mounted on a wall in a human village." She is wary and snippy with the human, obviously distrustful and grudging.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Mood : Regal, and you?

https://magnoliaroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 am

Ritz: You catch word of the Dwarf's suspicions, and something about you owning chains, and that being related to the wolves.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:13 am

I roll a 19.

I choose to not make assumptions, unless I'm absolutely sure, Vorpalsheen, I say we give her a chance. Raven said, a little confused by the Dwarf referring to the Elf as a male.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a human. Raven said to the other female Elf.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 am

Ritz is slightly taken aback by the appearance of another, foul-talking elf. Even if this elf would be willing to defend her, Ritz still feels apprehensive about her--this elf is still a person. She doesn't trust people.

"None of this has to do with me. I only count Erimis here as my companion. My powers are not strong enough to control so many woodland creatures at a time," she says to defend herself. "Besides, if I were intent to kill you, I would have aided the wolves myself. Never would I have let them stand alone." She appears very firm in this resolve.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:15 am

Epsil stands up from the bushes, slowly approaching the duo, noticing another elf emerge from the trees. He cocks his head at her, wondering what her story was, then turns back to the dwarf. "I mean no harm, neither does my companion. I intended to see what your intentions were before approaching."
He watches the dwarf lean in closer, and with his elvish hearing, tries to pick up the conversation.

Listen: 18
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 am

Anastasia looks annoyed. "And I'm a fairy princess. Shut yer trap, you look human, you sound human, you're a human. Prove me wrong. Try to." she snaps at him.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 am

Look at my ears. Raven said in pure Elven. I am a Half-Elf, both the blood of Elves, and humans run through me.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

Anastasia glared even more now. "Then you're an abomination in my eyes. Your elf parent was a fool." she snapped, going into Elven like she normally would upon being spoken to in said language.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 am

Epsil: You catch word of the Dwarves suspicions about the Druid, and his seeming distrust of the Wolf carrier. Also, there's some lines about Chains being involved.

Anastasia, Ritz, Epsil: You all believe the, not human's words, you feel like he means no harm, despite the Dwarf's agressiveness

Great more of ya, what, have you got some tree village out here to spy on them regular big folk.

He Grumbles slightly and continues.

Well...maybe you wasn't behind them wolf attacks, I can believe that at least...but why be ye hidin' out here, and creepin' more like Kobolds than like Men!

He yells out the last sentence.

Then he whispers again to John

This be too good...this must be an ambush...saw this in the Wars of Fort Ironguard before...different troops, but same signs... Tuckered m'men out, left 'em tired and low on food and ammo...then...

He still stares distrustfully at each of the new comers in turn

(Once again you can roll Listen to hear Vorpalsheen)
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 am

Ritz feels a bit more at ease, but still cares not for the half-elf or the dwarf. Ritz goes to respond before the dwarf starts whispering again which somewhat agitates, but she keeps her composure and listens again.

(Ritz rolls a 19 for Listen.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:38 am

Calm, my friend, let's give them a chance. Raven said to his companion, before turning back to the female elf. I am sorry you feel that way
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:40 am

Ritz: You hear the Dwarf mutter something about an ambush and going on about some Fort he held, with similar circumstances to this. He says they are tired and low on resources. You, using your natural wisdom, inferr that they are at a disadvantage both in numbers and power right now.

If you'd like you can roll Sense Motive (Wisdom based) to figure out something interesting about Vorpalsheen with these bits of info.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 am

(Can I try a Diplomacy again, to convince everyone, including Vorpalsheen, to calm down, and talk peacefully?)
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by CodastertheDisaster Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 am

Epsil carefully watches Anastasia. He notices the increasing tension, thinking that the dwarf may want to attack with the half-elf should Anastasia try anything else threatening. "Sirs, I apologize, she's had a rough time with humans..." he said, taking a few steps forward, trying to hear the dwarf whispering again as he did so, though he turned towards his companion. "Anastasia, you must calm down. They certainly do not mean us harm."

Listen: 12
Diplomacy: 9
CodastertheDisaster
CodastertheDisaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:45 am

Epsil:

Your precise Elvish ears picking up nothing but the fact that it seemed too be a bit more longwinded, and your words lack a sense of gravitase and conviction. You have to hope the words carry more merit than their delivery.

@John: Yes. Perfectly reasonable
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 am

Ritz appears confused at first, but realizes that the two people before her are at a huge disadvantage--not that she means them any harm, something she has been trying to convey.

"I've already spoken my piece. Dwarf, you'd best listen to your sensible ally. When I said I meant no harm, I meant it."

(Ritz rolls a 14 for Sense Motive. She also rolls 21 for Diplomacy.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 am

Please, everyone, let us all calm down, and talk this out. Raven said, trying to be diplomatic again.

Diplomacy: 17
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 am

Anastasia frowns. "The half elf may not, but the dwarf's a ruddy bastard. Aand we're sneaking around because the humans don't like me much, and I don't like them either. I don't know the other one, never met her in my life." Her last sentences were directed at the dwarf.

Listen: 14.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtravagantEvil Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 am

That was a girl? I could never tell ya kaind apar' gender'ly speakin', either your men look like yur women or ya women look like the men.

He looked quite serious as he said that phrase, looking at the Elf with the Wolf by his side in the process.

The Half Elf’s words seem to make some sense to each of you, and even the Dwarf starts to lower his Hammer. Slightly, but still, progress.

The Dwarf, hearing Anastasia's comment says

Frankly Pointy Ears yur no fine gentl'man yurself.

@Ritz: You get a vague sense that he seems to be, almost, over the top, about his expressions (except for the recent gender comment), as if he is putting on airs, to keep you away from this realization of his and his partners disadvantage. Like Feathers on a peacock or a frilled Lizards stance.
ExtravagantEvil
ExtravagantEvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Hathaway Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:11 am

Anastasia glared at the dwarf. "Excuse me, but I'm a woman, and you're a Flumph Humper. she snaps. If he isn't careful, Anastasia was ready to give him a dagger to the throat.
Rose Hathaway
Rose Hathaway
The Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:12 am

Ritz doesn't crack a smile as she comes to the final realization that these guys might as well be like wounded animals trying to scare off prey with natural mechanisms. She crosses her arms over her chest, displeased that the dwarf had confused her gender. At least she wasn't in any danger. Things seemed to be calming down at least a bit. It made it easier for Erimis to remain calm.

Ritz focuses on Anastasia and makes eye contact to make clear that she is addressing her. "The ruddy bastard is just putting on a tough guy act. Or at least that's what I've come to understand. These fellows are not in the position to be attacking us recklessly," she explains in the Elven language.

(Ritz gets 17 for Diplomacy.)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next